Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: ***Antifa tactics, and our response.***

The pinch point of everyone waiting in line for entrance into the Capitol after disarming is my concern.

(Bucks County)

Serbu Shorty and buckshot, nuff said

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    The pinch point of everyone waiting in line for entrance into the Capitol after disarming is my concern.
    Do you really think Antifa would riot on the state Capitol grounds? I don't. This isn't Portland or Berkeley.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Do you really think Antifa would riot on the state Capitol grounds? I don't. This isn't Portland or Berkeley.
    I didn't mean riot. I meant target.

(Allegheny County)

Damn.
    I must of missed out on the union thug training at my union hall. I am calling tomorrow and demanding my brass knuckles.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I would think it less likely, but not impossible. Who would have thought that standard candidate political rallies for a Presidential candidate would be attacked? But that has been the reality since 2015. The wild card is that Wolf, Shapiro and some Democrat legislators might not mind a dust up to smear pro-2A citizens in order to push the "need" for their gun control legislative agenda. Each of them, especially Wolf, is capable of allowing it. Harrisburg's Mayor has linked up with Antifa protests in the past. A restraining factor would be a general unwillingness of Governor Wolf to see the State Capitol grounds turned into a battleground. I just do not think that is quite his style. While I do not like him or his policies, I don't think he is as downright evil as say a Terry McCauliffe of Virginia or Andrew Cuomo of NY, who would stoop at nothing.

While Pittsburgh is not exactly Berkeley or Portland, I think the chances of them showing up next time in Pittsburgh would be more likely. They are solidly Democrat in that City. There are plenty of "Yellows and Greens" to show up or be recruited from Pitt, CMU, Duquesne and a few other college campuses. The political leadership would green light it and protect them and have the capacity to do it without negative political consequences. Just observe the undisguised visceral dislike that political leaders like Peduto, Kraus, Strassberger and O'Connor have for anyone that supports the Second Amendment. Definitely home field advantage for Antifa. You have a DA that won't prosecute a clear violation of the Pre-emption law. Do you think he would prosecute lefty protesters? Unlikely.

The police follow orders. If Peduto and the Council order them to stand down or to allow Antifa to run free, I expect it to happen unless the police or public buildings are attacked by Antifa. In which case, the police will respond against that.

I half expected them to be at the first Pittsburgh rally. Now Peduto has his illegal laws to defend, so he might like a little conflagration to show how evil and violent gun owners need to be controlled.
    Last edited by Wilderness 1864; April 25th, 2019 at 07:05 PM.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I didn't mean riot. I meant target.
    Whatever one calls it, I don't see the Capitol police putting up with Antifa violence on their doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    It's interesting that police will just follow those orders. Violent crimes committed in their immediate presence and they do nothing because they're following orders to not act. Of course, pointing that out makes me a cop hater.
    I won't accuse you of being a cop hater for pointing it out. In cities like Berkeley and Portland, the police are philosophically aligned with the political leaders after decades of one party rule. To their credit, the NYC police did move to stop some violent leftists from breaking into a lawful demonstration against Bloomberg's "Victory Mosque" at Ground Zero. In that one, I think if the police had a philosophical inclination, it would have been to protect the lawful demonstration. Under Deblasio, all bets would be off.

Police are not looking to get hurt. Not following orders means discipline and maybe loss of a job. So if the order is to stand down or something less obvious like "remain uninvolved", they get to avoid the conflict, stay safe, follow orders and be protected in their jobs. That makes the decision to let the beatings of Conservatives continue sort of easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I don't think bayonets are allowed anywhere since they have no use other than stabbing people.
    In the Civil War they used to bend them into a hook at the tip and use them to hang cooking pots over the fire. See, they have an alternative peaceful use.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I don't think bayonets are allowed anywhere since they have no use other than stabbing people.
    Stabbing people is sometimes legal.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast