Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Default Re: Consolidating classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by Banks View Post
    Idk shooting immigrant dolls sounds like something CNN would call racist lol

And shooting old creepy dolls sounds like a bad idea. You get home and they're all sitting on the couch waiting for you.

See that is the problem, everything now a days is racists. I didn't vote for obummer and like the stuff he did. I was racists for that. I voted for Trump. I am a racists.

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Here's an idea. Make it so the classifieds can be used like the rest of the forum. So members can comment there like rest of the forum. It was that way once upon a time.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Here's an idea. Make it so the classifieds can be used like the rest of the forum. So members can comment there like rest of the forum. It was that way once upon a time.
    Besides the satisfaction people would get blasting some of the posts I think that would make things worse. It will be harder to tell which posts to ignore. The way it is now only the OP can "reply" so if I see a listing with more than a few replies I don't click on it.

If you look in the "Everything else" section and sort by number of posts the current record is 79 bumps and 21,675 views. Why are people looking at a post like this that many times? After 5 bumps if something is worth getting it would probably be gone. After 20 forget it.

I hope I didn't give the abusers of this system and idea so now they start posting everything new again instead of bumping the old ones. If that becomes the case Poofa would really need a way to stop it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    See that is the problem, everything now a days is racists. I didn't vote for obummer and like the stuff he did. I was racists for that. I voted for Trump. I am a racists.
    What's an 'A.P.D.'?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    What's an 'A.P.D.'?
    My best guess: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...light=arrogant

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    Hmmm, thanks, somehow I missed all that action.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I hope I didn't give the abusers of this system and idea so now they start posting everything new again instead of bumping the old ones. If that becomes the case Poofa would really need a way to stop it.
    Don't worry, you aren't giving them any new ideas. They have done this already. Some of the posts would have a thousand pages if they didn't start them new again.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    via Imgflip Meme Generator

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Hmmm, thanks, somehow I missed all that action.
    via Imgflip Meme Generator
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    That would be great, except who's going to keep track? There's no automated system in place to delete them in such a way. What you're suggesting is going to take a awful lot of time for someone to maintain.
    Based off of some of the posts in this thread, I think you might have a number of highly motivated individuals in it who might make excellent candidates for a classified forum mod. Set up some reasonable rules and give them the hammer to enforce them and I think they may do so gleefully.
    9801B514-72D6-4FA2-9654-808FF96E6B71.jpg
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Clinton County)

There is a whole lot more that needs fixed in the classifieds than this if that's the case. I hope someone can reign in the ads that only say "make an offer" or bumping ads when they sell, which is against the rules too. That and archiving and closing sold ads.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    THANK YOU... this just made my week.
    Glad to help!

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I almost jumped for joy & then I realized I like seeing gun related classifieds.

I tried to figure out how you modified the search but it eludes me. Any chance you can tell me how to include classifieds except for "everything else" category?
    Ok, take a look at the URL, see the numbers separated by commas at the end? (You may need to reply to see t he whole URL. Now if you go into the specific sub-forums, like the one for Concealed and Open Carry, and take a look at the URL address for it: http://forum.pafoa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=121

That one is 121. If you want to exclude it, you'd add 121 to the search bookmarked URL. If it is already excluded and you want to add it back into the search, remove the sub-forum's number.

Is this enough for you?

Edit: finished reading through the thread. Just in case anybody needed to save it: http://forum.pafoa.org/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=37 This one excludes only the Everything Else sub-forum. The other modified one had a few other exclusions in it from what I saw. If you are having a problem saving it, create a new bookmark (doesn't matter for what), copy this URL and edit the properties of that bookmark, and paste the URL to replace the original address. Edit the title so you know what it is for, and you should be good to go.
    Last edited by t1066; April 13th, 2019 at 03:17 PM.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast