Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: OAKS Three day show Feb 8- 9-10, 2019

Weird show for me. At the very least I always enjoy walking around with my son and see the sights but today there really wasn’t much I saw that I was interested in for the prices I saw. Only two guns really caught my eye, a Czech vz24 for $290 that had a possibly questionable bolt face at the admission of the dealer and scope mounts attached to the receiver. It looked nice though and the dealer was nice to talk to but I passed. Also saw a 2nd gen Smith compact 9mm that looked real nice for $300 but also passed. Had a quick chat with scotsguards which was a pleasure and leafy with two ammo cans and some ammo.

I will say that the parking was the worst I’ve seen in a while. I got there around 11:15 and had to park near the entrance to The Dump and by the time I got to the door there was a small line to wait in. I figured the smaller show so close to the big one would be lightly attended but the aisles were often so crowded it was hard to maneuver or see what was for sale. Maybe only being two halls concentrated the crowd a bit.

(Lancaster County)

I usually make it an Oaks show once a year, the parking today was an unusual clusterfuck. and I thought all the tables where lather, rinse, repeat, ...same, same, same. unlimited variations of bizarre designer AR uppers and way overpriced Chinesium Optics, nauseating quantity of Glocks and related accessories. I went with some specifics in mind, A Nikon P308 scope , not one on the floor and 168 gr .308 bulk bullets found these at overinflated priced 100 packs
    picked up some very good priced .30 cal ammo cans @ $5.00 each and some .41 mag brass. Had a nice opportunity to generously fondle the new manufacture Repro FG 42's, a fellow with a small table between the two halls, that was worth the trip, they are nice but not quite 6K nice

I wonder how many of the under 16" barrel spiral fluted, anodized,punisher skull, devils breath muzzle break uppers went home today to be illegally assembled to a lower without SBR stamps. I get the market drives sales or maybe I'm an AR Fudd (they have been around 50+ years) much like the model T originally available only in basic black. But some of the parts I've sen lately are just weird marketing crap

(Montgomery County)

Buyer beware.

I dropped into Oaks and picked up a 1000 round case of Federal 9mm.
    Typical cardboard case with 20 retail 50 round boxes inside.
    Price was no better than online but I like to support the shows when I can .

The case looked fine but when I got it home and opened it there was a strong musty odor.
    The boxes inside looked ok but all the brass was badly spotted with corrosion.
    The ammo was obviously stored incorrectly in a high moisture environment.

This is the first time I encountered this problem from a bulk ammo table.
    From now on I will crack a case and inspect the ammo before buying bulk at a show.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Bucks County)

It seems like a mess and not much there with regards to the usual stuff... I will skip it and go in March

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPA View Post
    Well, I tried. When I finished my business in Pottstown, I figured I’d stop at Oaks. Pulled in, went around to where the show entrance was...and seeing how far I had the park from the entrance...let’s just say I didn’t get out of the car.

To the good; my experience at Laserworx was excellent.
    He does do excellent work. And quick, too.

unnamed.jpg

(Berks County)

I know I'm lucky because I am retired and can go when I want to but...I come in from the west, get off at the Collegeville exit (Route 29), come down the back roads, through the village of Oaks and in right at BJ's inlet. 1500 is good time go get there because the early arrivals are leaving and they had up front parking spaces. I had to walk eeee 100 yds to the no-line entrance and went right in. Oh, and it's a Friday thing for me.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    This show used to be quarterly. That was enough. It comes back way too quick now.
    Its popular and a money maker, capitalism at its base.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I hear ya! The last time I was at the grocery store I got so pissed off that I made the manager go fetch me a bag of Jax Cheese Twists while I held up the check out line because they've moved them every time I've looked for them.
    oh....you must shop at giant.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    oh....you must shop at giant.
    Redner's, I guess they're all the same, eh.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Thinking of picking up some more ammo cans...prices sound real good. Which vendor did you pick yours from?

Thanks in advance.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast