Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 16 of 95 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/6/19*****

I spoke with the owner of Owl & Anchor tonight. The price would be dependent on whether we have someone design the patch or we want her to design it. She said she would give us the best deal she could though. Let me know if this is a route we want to go with.

(Dauphin County)

This rally is on a day that I work, but I don't work until 7pm. I will be able to attend even if I can't switch my schedule around this year. I should also have my motorcycle back by then and hopefully running.
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I spoke with the owner of Owl & Anchor tonight. The price would be dependent on whether we have someone design the patch or we want her to design it. She said she would give us the best deal she could though. Let me know if this is a route we want to go with.
    Is there a minimum order amount? I would definitely be in for two or three myself for different seasonal jackets.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Is there a minimum order amount? I would definitely be in for two or three myself for different seasonal jackets.
    Is there permission from the forum owner to use the logo?

I'd commit to buying a bunch (500 or more) and that way we have them and people can buy them as needed.

I think we may need a sticky, managed by a couple people to keep things simple and up to date. There are so many pages from/for different events it's getting overwhelming. I know I don't have hours to spend on line to read 20 pages of posts to find out what's happening.

There's the 24th in Pittsburgh, May 6 in Harrisburg, patches, hats, flyers, etc.

I'm sorry to sound negative but I've been down this road before with Libertarians. Everyone gets gung ho, keyboard commandos, and then when it's time...... everyone has to take Suzy to soccer practice or their work prevents involvement.

We need to be organized/have structure and be committed. We also need to coordinate with the other groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Embroidered in tritium.
    I see what you did there...even at night.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by PA_Robert View Post

I'd commit to buying a bunch (500 or more) and that way we have them and people can buy them as needed.

I think we may need a sticky, managed by a couple people to keep things simple and up to date. There are so many pages from/for different events it's getting overwhelming. I know I don't have hours to spend on line to read 20 pages of posts to find out what's happening.

There's the 24th in Pittsburgh, May 6 in Harrisburg, patches, hats, flyers, etc.

I'm sorry to sound negative but I've been down this road before with Libertarians. Everyone gets gung ho, keyboard commandos, and then when it's time...... everyone has to take Suzy to soccer practice or their work prevents involvement.

We need to be organized/have structure and be committed. We also need to coordinate with the other groups.
    I'm working on that permission.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Didn't ask what the minimum is. I'm going to assume we'll be ordering quite a few, so I doubt it'll be a problem. That said, cost wise it's not feasible to order say 20 custom made anything. We'd probably be looking at ordering 100 at minimum to make it worth while. I'll kick in money towards it.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I'm working on that permission.
    Let me know Justin. If you want my involvement in ordering just send me a message. You have my cell and email now too.

Quote Originally Posted by PA_Robert View Post

It's not only Libertarians. Conservative gun owners are no better.

Right now, FOAC is the only statewide organization (NRA & GOA are national). In the past 3 years, I have seen two others try to go statewide and fail.

With any statewide group, given time, it will piss off gun owners because we are a naturally ornery bunch. So, those pissed off members leave & go "start their own". They get one going pretty good, and not long after, it collapses.

What we currently have across the state is a number of small groups. It seems to me we need to identify them, and establish a means to communicate among them.

My thought almost a year ago, which did not really get off the ground, was to create POOFA area leaders. That is, guys in various areas (counties or regions) who take responsibility for communicating with gun stores, ranges, and other small groups in their geographic area. With an event that has advance notice like 2A Day May 6th, the area leader (with additional volunteers) has a list of stores/ranges, goes to them, gives them flyers to distribute and then checks off the list.

This is what the 2nd Amendment Committee (of the LVTP) does in the Lehigh Valley and it works reasonably well, most of the time.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Let me know Justin. If you want my involvement in ordering just send me a message. You have my cell and email now too.
    Will do for sure, but permission is step one. Dan is very busy and I did hear from one admin. I don't expect an issue.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Page 16 of 95 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast