Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Strife on Pittsburgh City Council, open carry rally effective in Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Not hijacking thread, but you DELETED the words "last month" from the Post Gazette article. Your deletion of those two words makes it appear as though they pulled their names following the rally which is untrue.

Ms. Harris and Ms. Kail-Smith last month pulled their names from sponsorship of the gun bills, which aim to ban assault-style weapons and certain gun accessories and ammunition within city limits as well as establish a process for courts to remove weapons from the possession of people who pose an “extreme risk” to themselves or others. The other seven council members' names remain on the bills.

I did not. I simply copy pasted what was there. Perhaps they updated it.

I even reported on it last month.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    2 council people removed their names from the ordinances.
    I do remember thinking "I thought they did it last month."
    Last edited by Justin///M; January 10th, 2019 at 08:03 AM.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Default Re: Strife on Pittsburgh City Council, open carry rally effective in Pittsburgh.

I did not. I simply copy pasted what was there. Perhaps they updated it.

I even reported on it last month.

I do remember thinking "I thought they did it last month."
    All good. I am not one to internet argue.

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    All good. I am not one to internet argue.
    No problem! I'm not known for trying to mislead poofers, and I expect to be called out if I am. Now that it appears that I may have, I want to clear my name. As such, I emailed the the author and here's the conversation.

Ashley

Was your piece about the gun control bills updated after it was published?

https://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...MTIdCsUnGK4Y-I

Thanks

Justin

Hi Justin,

Yes, the line "Perhaps fitting for the controversial issue, even the proposal to hold an extra meeting spurred disagreement" was added later in the evening for the print version, which was then updated online. The line did not change the content of the piece; it just added a transition. Did you have a concern?

Thank you for reading,
    Ashley

Yesterday I quoted the article, this specifically,

“We want to get facts,” Ms. Kail-Smith said.

Ms. Harris and Ms. Kail-Smith pulled their names from sponsorship of the gun bills, which aim to ban assault-style weapons and certain gun accessories and ammunition within city limits as well as establish a process for courts to remove weapons from the possession of people who pose an “extreme risk” to themselves or others. The other seven council members' names remain on the bills."

And I noticed that the words "last month" are now in the paragraph to read "last month pulled their names...,"

I was just wondering if the words "last month were added? It doesn't look they were so I suppose I copy pasted incorrectly some how.

Thanks!

Justin

Yes, just checked, and my editor added "last month" to make the timeline clear. Thank you for reaching out.

Thank you very much! I was at the meeting last month and that's what I remembered.

Thanks again!

Justin

(Berks County)

I'm glad we got that cleared up but the thought that they did it due to the rally was great while it lasted.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I'm glad we got that cleared up but the thought that they did it due to the rally was great while it lasted.
    There's still strife as indicated in the article, so that is good news.

Last night, I sent a 6 page letter (Times New Roman, 12pt, double spaced) to each city council member detailing "facts." It was free from "come and take it" and "will not comply" type stuff. Just facts, including the fact that in 2018, 70% of shooting murders we committed by African Americans in some pretty specific neighborhoods, as compared to whites that committed 28% of the shooting murders sporadically over the city. No discernible pattern to be found. You can find this info at the interactive map below. I then pointed out that according to demographics, the city is 65% white vs 26% black. So why is the minority community committing more shooting murders than the majority community, by far? That's your problem to go after. Not the AR15 boogey man. I suggested that they looked at the poverty level of those neighborhoods and I bet they would find a connection.

Anyway, that's just one of the data sets that I went through for them. The point of this post is that I received a reply for O'Conner's Chief of Staff stating that he would ensure that Mr. O'Conner reads my letter. I also opened myself up to be willing to meet with Mr. O'Conner as well.

Here's to hoping he's interested in facts, but I have my doubts.

https://newsinteractive.post-gazette.com/homicide/

http://worldpopulationreview.com/us-...gh-population/

(Lancaster County)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JustinHEMI again.

Last night, I sent a 6 page letter (Times New Roman, 12pt, double spaced) to each city council member detailing "facts." It was free from "come and take it" and "will not comply" type stuff. Just facts, including the fact that in 2018, 70% of shooting murders we committed by African Americans in some pretty specific neighborhoods, as compared to whites that committed 28% of the shooting murders sporadically over the city. No discernible pattern to be found. You can find this info at the interactive map below. I then pointed out that according to demographics, the city is 65% white vs 26% black. So why is the minority community committing more shooting murders than the majority community, by far? That's your problem to go after. Not the AR15 boogey man. I suggested that they looked at the poverty level of those neighborhoods and I bet they would find a connection.

Anyway, that's just one of the data sets that I went through for them. The point of this post is that I received a reply for O'Conner's Chief of Staff stating that he would ensure that Mr. O'Conner reads my letter. I also opened myself up to be willing to meet with Mr. O'Conner as well.

While the facts do not lie and acknowledging them would be the 1st step towards resolving them be prepared to be called a racist or bigot for pointing out the obvious. Coloin Noir was doing a complete series on this very issue in cities all across the country. Calling out politicians on the extreme poverty and social environments keep people in is the reason for the violence and not the tool they choose to use. The videos can be found on his youtube page and on NRA tv.

https://www.nratv.com/series/noir
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 10th, 2019 at 12:02 PM.

Another positive response from another chief of staff!

(Warren County)

Yer gonna pop a bunch of leftist brains with facts.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast