Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Default Re: NJ Mag Ban Upheld................Dec. 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Evan Nappen recently stated on his Facebook page that if you own a Glock, Sig or any other registered pistol that has a +10 round capacity....expect LE Contact.

By what means is he referring to...........wow.
    I thought that Nappen's post was a bit overkll/gestapo-ish too. It is a frustrating law, but they have not been going door to door for 17 round magazines and rifles with more than 2 evil features for the past however-many years. Sure, they find a few here and there, but bad guys will be bad guys. Regardless, being careful is important...

(Chester County)

Its amazing how courts fail to do their job.

There is no evidence that standard capacity mags improve the killing ability of a mass shooter- who ALWAYS has ample time to reload.

(Lancaster County)

Y'all are going to have to fight this, and I'm not talking legally necessarily.

Are you going to lick the boot or something about it? I wouldn't be turning a damn thing in.

Are you planning magazine marches yet?

first off... fuck Evan Nappen.

second off... the state police won't be going door-to-door based on pistol permits used.

third off... fuck this law.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Chester County)

Imagine how things would be if New Jersey gun owners grew a set and every time the Police showed up to confiscate pistols and mags they had to fight it out. The police would soon be at a point where they would no longer go house to house.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post

.....Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member.

Now you will be on double secret probation!
    (Animal House for those under 40)
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Oh the days when one could walk into a NJ gun establishment and buy an AR-15, BM59, M1A, or any other make of a durable good shooting high capacity magazine rifle. Or perhaps a 9mm, a .45, or a .40 pistol with the correct magazine for the particular weapon. Of course one always had to have the requisite state Firearms Identification card, and for a pistol the signed permission slip from the local constabulary head honcho.

All I can really say is thank God I moved from that rotten, no good, high tax, anti-constitutional state many years ago and I would advise all NJ gun owning residents to do the same. The cause is lost and the gun owning citizens of NJ need to admit that. I wonder when the 10 round capacity magazine ban will come into being - 5 years? 10 years? Mark my words, such a thing will eventually come to pass.
    Last edited by Defender; December 10th, 2018 at 08:00 PM.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Now you will be on double secret probation!
    (Animal House for those under 40)
    Dude... I was making jokes about the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor, over on another forum.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Imagine how things would be if New Jersey gun owners grew a set and every time the Police showed up to confiscate pistols and mags they had to fight it out. The police would soon be at a point where they would no longer go house to house.
    That's the point... they won't. They're not going to roll up on some house because they have a P2P for a gun that could hold a mag > 10 rounds now. It'll never get used a primary offense. It's just a law now on the books to add one more screw to fuck a citizen over if possible.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Evan Nappen recently stated on his Facebook page that if you own a Glock, Sig or any other registered pistol that has a +10 round capacity....expect LE Contact.

By what means is he referring to...........wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    He is the premier gun lawyer in NJ, and that sort of fear mongering means good business.

Its sad really that people think that way. (and I just as guilty as being paranoid, thanks NJ)
    Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I thought that Nappen's post was a bit overkll/gestapo-ish too. It is a frustrating law, but they have not been going door to door for 17 round magazines and rifles with more than 2 evil features for the past however-many years. Sure, they find a few here and there, but bad guys will be bad guys. Regardless, being careful is important...
    All of this may be accurate. Los Angeles City had a program where they sent a letter to residents who purchased handguns to basically let them know they knew who you were, couched in remember to store it safely, you've taken on a grave responsibility language.

They were sporadic and some folks never received them. The only ones I received were for "ultra compact" handguns (read anything concealable) that were banned from sale by the City Council, but were on the CA Safe Handgun roster, were legally available for sale mere miles from City Hall, and were legal to own and possess in the city.

I always took these letters as a threat and warning since I am a law abiding and responsible firearms owner, and all the City Council who did this went on to be City Attorney, District Attorney, Mayor, and all very anti-gun.

Ban was apparently rescinded by City Council last year under threat of litigation (and now that the State roster doesn't have any guns left on it). Article discusses the ban in detail: https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...829-story.html

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast