Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Some store stopping selling toy guns

I think that particular toy is a collector's item ^^^^

(Venango County)

"When you see a kid pulling these guns out, you're going to be alarmed because at the end of the day you don't know if it's real or fake, and our job is to start with the fake."

By his quote, Stark admits that once he is done practicing toy gun confiscation, he will graduate to real gun confiscation.

Playing armed combat games with sticks and toy guns taught me a lot of skills useful in the Army: Teamwork, fire and manuever, moving to cover or concealment (and their difference), quiet movement, breath control, using light and shadows (spotlight "it tag") etc. It also taught me how scary it would be knowing you'd be out for good in reality. Having the moral high ground means nothing as far as the outcome. Granted some lessons were learned as I grew older and matured. But I was able to follow a learning path.

Do kids build stick or wood shelters or forts in the woods anymore? Or explore unknown woods and fields by hiking? I used to love snow tunnels and taking a nap! But I digress.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    Some of the toy guns I had in the 80s and 70s were pretty real looking. Ejectible magazines, bolt retraction..

If someone in the hood is afraid of their kids playing with toy guns and what could happen...someone needs to be a better parent.
    We had ones that fired plastic 'bullets' from spring loaded 'cartridges'!

shootinshell2.jpg

shootinshell.jpg
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

We had die-cast cap guns with holsters. They were great! Of course we usually ended up smacking whole rolls of caps with a hammer. Man, those were loud!

So are Bangsite cannons politically incorrect now too?

(Chester County)

You gonna pull them pistols or whistle Dixie?

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    I had this one. They actually used one of these as a prop in the movie The Green Berets. http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Green_Berets,_The
    I had one of these when I was a kid! I also had a cork pop-gun rifle. My brother and I got a new Marlin .22lr bolt-action rifle with a seven-round magazine for Xmas when we were 10 and 12. Here it is, over 40 years later, and neither of us has injured or killed anybody.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    "When you see a kid pulling these guns out, you're going to be alarmed because at the end of the day you don't know if it's real or fake, and our job is to start with the fake."

By his quote, Stark admits that once he is done practicing toy gun confiscation, he will graduate to real gun confiscation.

Playing armed combat games with sticks and toy guns taught me a lot of skills useful in the Army: Teamwork, fire and manuever, moving to cover or concealment (and their difference), quiet movement, breath control, using light and shadows (spotlight "it tag") etc. It also taught me how scary it would be knowing you'd be out for good in reality. Having the moral high ground means nothing as far as the outcome. Granted some lessons were learned as I grew older and matured. But I was able to follow a learning path.

Do kids build stick or wood shelters or forts in the woods anymore? Or explore unknown woods and fields by hiking? I used to love snow tunnels and taking a nap! But I digress.
    Hell, my brother and I and our friends used to play WWII battles. In the summer, spring, and fall, it was Germans vs. Americans and British. In the winter it was Germans vs. Russians. I doubt many of today's kids even know much about WWII history to reenact any battles.

(Philadelphia County)

Which kids are even interested in those toys when they can sit and play ultra violent video games for hours andhours?I don't see many hack politicians protesting and trying to boycott stores for selling those sorts of games.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Which kids are even interested in those toys when they can sit and play ultra violent video games for hours andhours?I don't see many hack politicians protesting and trying to boycott stores for selling those sorts of games.
    I think you are spot on. Video games have replaced outdoor playing, and role playing by kids. It is more graphic, more violent, and doesn't show the permanent, and devastating outcome of violence.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast