Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: polymer question.

The Walther PPQ is also something you might want to look into while its ugly as sin itself it has an amazing out of the box trigger which I personally think is too light for carry. Then there is the Canik TP9 series which are very close to the Walthers and priced lower then everything else.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    ^^^ will be looking into fnx in next couple of days.

owned a usp, and a, sp2022 (40 and 9 respectively)

usp was mammoth. (yeah...1911 shooter saying that) ran well, just big.

sig was not really impressive. every shot, I wondered why I bought it.

real reasons I was thinking about polymer were capacity and weight.

I guess I was looking for something that doesn't currently exist. like, a kit that would make a polymer striker fired trigger break like a 1911 without the mile and a half of travel.

will be looking into the fnx line.
    This is the HK fan speaking, but if you like the USP but hate the size, consider the USP Compact. Throw in the HK Match trigger kit, the only thing that won't fit is the trigger itself (which you can modify to fit, or have the Compact trigger threaded for the overtravel stop). If you're a cocked and locked 1911 kind of guy, change out the detent plate for V9 (safety only, no decock) to avoid accidentally decocking. Here's mine compared to a Walther PPS (and a P30SK that I sold), with the LEM trigger. The USP Compact is what I carry 99% of the time... It's hard to argue against 14 rounds vs. 7.

I wouldn't bother looking at the P30 or P2000 series. Their triggers are not as good as the USP. The HK45 series is supposed to use the same mechanism as the USP with most of the Match components, but something feels off with them to me.

And my recommendation of PPQ for striker fired 9 still stands.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    ok...being serious with this.

I am a 1911 guy, and was seriously debating making the switch. figured maybe the triggers had gotten better.

does anyone make a trigger for a polymer that is more....1911 user friendly?

the m&p trigger is crap, the 2.0 is slightly less stinky crap, and the glock's is downright abysmal. the vp was an embarrassment, the xd? yeah...we won't even go there.
    is it a matter of, you need to go aftermarket?

(irony...I think I may end up coming home with a dan Wesson valor...after shopping for a polymer)
    Where do you shoot? If you belong to BCF&G, you could try both of my PPQs, 4" and 5". I don't know which I like best. They're more like a 1911 than a Glock.

(Monroe County)

i think it's going to be impossible to get a striker or any hinged trigger to feel like a 1911 trigger. i think the geometry would make it impossible. if capacity is what you’re looking for (and cost is not an issue) try 2011s, something like an sti guardian. about 26 ozs unloaded and holds 16+1 in 9mm

It's pretty hard to beat the 4.5lb crisp trigger of the valor. i can't say you would be making a bad decision (i have the bobtail version and love it, one of my favorites)

CZ P10c, walther ppq, canik tp9skf have nice triggers for polymer handguns. Also Apex makes good aftermarket competition triggers (i've only tried this model, their other models may be just as good) but it would be inappropriate for carry.

You can always wait for the hudson h9 (not polymer but it is striker) but who knows how long it will be and if it will live up to the hype.
    Last edited by poconopashooter; November 7th, 2017 at 09:17 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Look into a Kimber BP 10 -2 (no longer made unfortunately, but they pop up from time2time) Polymer 1911 high-cap (13 rounds) Nice shooting pistol in .45 that is about the same size as a "regular" 1911. Harder to get holsters for because there is a "dust cover) underneath the slide that will not allow it to fit in the newer kydex holsters -there are some leather onse out there that it fits in just fine though.

Cb

P.S. if you are ever down near Elizabethtown PA let me know, and you can try mine.
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by glc View Post
    Do you know anyone with a FN? I can't speak for all models, but the FNX45T has a phenomenal trigger. It is very smooth.
    I agree, FN is a wonderful pistol and high quality.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Lackawanna County)

What is it about the 1911 trigger that has you hooked?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    What is it about the 1911 trigger that has you hooked?
    Have you not shot one? That's the only reasonable explanation for that question...

(Lancaster County)

^^^^^^ this ^^^^
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Berks County)

Ghost is the glock answer to crap trigger. Ruger LC9s proves strikers can have a good trigger from the factory. P230 has a decent trigger. JMB made some all steel strikers that feel good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast