Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Mossberg 14" PGO

Quote Originally Posted by solrac7 View Post
    Just purchased the adapter from www.OPSolmini-clip.com to allow me to use Aguila mini-shells ... I found the minishells at Kinsey's - $20 for ten rounds, but you can't take it with you right?
    I'll let you know how the work/shoot.

Cb
    Got to test them today- I used the birdshot ones to test because they are half the price of the buckshot... I was able to fit 9 shells into the tube, worked perfectly no misfeeds - I did shortstroke it once, but that is user error... fired all 20 shells in about 5 minutes LOL what a hoot ! On a side note with the adapter installed, you must manually load/remove regular length shells.

Cb
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Lehigh County)

Just purchased the adapter from www.OPSolmini-clip.com to allow me to use Aguila mini-shells ... I found the minishells at Kinsey's - $20 for ten rounds, but you can't take it with you right?
    I'll let you know how the work/shoot.

Cb
    Got to test them today- I used the birdshot ones to test because they are half the price of the buckshot... I was able to fit 9 shells into the tube, worked perfectly no misfeeds - I did shortstroke it once, but that is user error... fired all 20 shells in about 5 minutes LOL what a hoot ! On a side note with the adapter installed, you must manually load/remove regular length shells.

Cb
    I went ahead and ordered an adaptor, got it already. Seems like a good outfit to deal with. At $20 for ten rounds, you fired all 20 shells in about 5 minutes, comes out to $8/min. Like you said though, what a hoot and you can't take it with you.
    Last edited by gghbi; March 9th, 2017 at 02:52 PM.

(Lebanon County)

From what I am hearing on other boards, Mossberg is starting to ship the Shockwave 590s. Since similar configuration firearms are sold at gunshows and many shops in PA, I don't think legality is an issue in PA. Has anyone received their pre-orders yet (customers or FFLs)? I have one on pre-order, but have not heard anything yet about it shipping.

(Berks County)

Tanner's had their first preorder ones arrive about 2 weeks ago according to their FB page. Josh Prince also made some comments on their page. That's a hassle for me to go there, and I have a preorder from Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore, but not shipped yet.

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Tanner's had their first preorder ones arrive about 2 weeks ago according to their FB page. Josh Prince also made some comments on their page. That's a hassle for me to go there, and I have a preorder from Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore, but not shipped yet.

What did Mr Prince state regarding the Shockwave?

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    What did Mr Prince state regarding the Shockwave?
    He said that they fall under the classification of a firearm under the UFA.

(Montgomery County)

This is a frustrating thread. Not a single person has made the case that this is or could conceivably be construed as a shotgun.

So why keep asking if it is a shotgun?

It's not nor was it ever designed to be shoulder fired so it's as much of a shotgun as a Taurus judge.

Where is the controversy? Or did we just run out of topics?

Quote Originally Posted by PA_PB&J View Post
    This is a frustrating thread. Not a single person has made the case that this is or could conceivably be construed as a shotgun.

So why keep asking if it is a shotgun?

It's not nor was it ever designed to be shoulder fired so it's as much of a shotgun as a Taurus judge.

Where is the controversy? Or did we just run out of topics?
    Perhaps the issue is that it's pretty close to being a DD.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Perhaps the issue is that it's pretty close to being a DD.
    Well it looks like a SBS or an AOW, which require NFA registration. Will law enforcement, if you are stopped or confronted, know or believe you that the shockwave is not NFA, but a "firearm"? Regardless if it is shoulder fired or not, it looks like a shotgun and takes the same shells as one, they will probably treat it like one.

This is not a frustrating thread, it's a thread about a firearm being questioned on a technical basis and if you run into the wrong person you will have an interesting day.

(Fayette County)

I got a shockwave at rural king in Connellsville this morning for $350. They had just put it on the shelf.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast