Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Anderson complete bolt carrier group, 90 bucks plus tax, yes or no?

Tropp has these in stock for $99. My veterans discount takes 10% off. Almost grabbed it on the fly but figured I should do some quick research. Reviews seem decent enough. Does anyone anyone have any first-hand experience with them? I don't mind phosphate carriers at all.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Anderson complete bolt carrier group, 90 bucks plus tax, yes or no?

$90 plus tax is over priced for them. They work, but they are budget bolt carrier groups.

http://www.primaryarms.com/anderson-...groups/c/8099/

Edit - I will add that I have used them on a few beater uppers. One did have issues extracting and ejecting, but the others did not. I just feel that since they now go on sale all the time, you'd be over paying. If you're looking to support your shop, there is no problem with that as I often will spend more to do that. That said, I would opt for another BCG unless you're looking to keep it cheap for a reason.
    Last edited by ViperHummel; June 1st, 2016 at 10:02 PM.

(Washington County)

I would buy this instead: http://www.wcarmory.com/toolcraft-bc...i-complete.htm

Although it is currently out of stock, there is an option to be notified.

(Lancaster County)

Thanks for both of the above replies. I just ordered the Anderson from Primary. Even with shipping it comes out $10 cheaper than picking it up at the shop. Instead of the term budget I'll go with the term cost effective and leave it at that.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Montgomery County)

I agree. Anderson makes lower end products...they will work, but plenty of other companies that offer better specs/products. You missed out last weekend as many online vendors had Memorial Day weekend sales. Some are still going on right now. PSA had their BCG with free shipping. I always factor in free shipping. I know that PA offers free shipping if you have Amazon Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperHummel View Post
    $90 plus tax is over priced for them. They work, but they are budget bolt carrier groups.

http://www.primaryarms.com/anderson-...groups/c/8099/

Edit - I will add that I have used them on a few beater uppers. One did have issues extracting and ejecting, but the others did not. I just feel that since they now go on sale all the time, you'd be over paying. If you're looking to support your shop, there is no problem with that as I often will spend more to do that. That said, I would opt for another BCG unless you're looking to keep it cheap for a reason.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    Yep!
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Personally, I would go with this:
    AIM AR/M16 .223/5.56 Nitride 9310 MPI Bolt Carrier Group
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...up&groupid=723

$89.95 shipped.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
    Personally, I would go with this:
    AIM AR/M16 .223/5.56 Nitride 9310 MPI Bolt Carrier Group
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...up&groupid=723

$89.95 shipped.
    The Nickel Boron is only $10 more with free shipping.
    I don't know if it's any better but it looks pretty.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...=XAIMBCGNIBBDG

(Lancaster County)

**Update**
    I did go ahead and purchase the Anderson bolt carrier group. I bought it from the link in the post. Thank you for sending that to me. It arrived very quickly and today I got to the range with it. I put it in my 16 inch mid length barrel and I'm happy to say the rifle ran flawlessly. I shot 200 rounds of brass cased 223, 40 rounds of metal cased Tula, and 20 rounds of 556 brass. I did the whole one in the mag, two in the mag, full mags and every other combination I could think of to make sure the bolt always locked back. No problems at all. It arrived rather dry so I did lube it up and I changed the extractor spring to the BCM model with o-ring. If any problems come up I'll be sure to post about them but so far so good.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"