Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: *UPDATE* Hanover Starbucks Get-Together... OC/CC/NoC, Aug 13th 6pm

Just got in the door a few minutes ago, Designgimp, Kolonial72, Steve and I were at JHBensons play house until around 1 :P was definitely a good time. So what's the plan for next week?
    -Ben

York City Pharmaceutical District, Pennsylvania
    (York County)

You think YOU had fun??? You guys left before he broke out the Springfield rifles.

What a great time. This is two weeks in a row that we've had OC get togethers in York County and its different people!

Keep it going York!
    If you want to do another BBQ then I vote for Rocky Ridge park.

(York County)

Had a great time myself. I'd love to come to a BBQ. Wish I'd had time to linger longer. Stopped for gas and realized it was later than I'd thought and decided to be nice to the Mrs. and get home.

Next few weeks life gets busy, but schedule away and if I'm not already doing something else I'll be coming again.

Steve, drop me a PM if you ever want to come out and meet the horses.

(Adams County)

Glad those that had the time could make it over to the hacienda for some java and associated table talk. I really enjoy sitting in a backyard over a resteraunt any day
    Porsche, there is no substitute

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    I think I counted something like 16 people altogether. Not bad considering it began as just a chance to see who wanted a cup of coffee!

And what a group it was, some folks relatively young, some relatively not some long-time forum members, and lots of new faces.

For some time now I've been a little envious of the western and eastern areas of the state where get-togethers like this seemed like a regular occurrence. There are more than enough people in York and south-central PA to make this work on a frequent basis. So for anyone who couldn't make it, and anyone who could and are looking forward to the next one, we just have to keep this going.

The BBQ in Glen Rock and coffee at Starbucks amply demonstrate... If you post it, they will come!

Thanks Pennsy and the Mrs for traveling so far to be a part of this, and a big thanks to jhbenson and family for hosting the after-party that allowed us to extend our evening.
    Sorry I was a party pooper, just too much driving to get caught in a storm after dark, possible fog, etc. I really tried hard with my anxiety issues, but that DAMN RAIN! I used to be much more social and would drive 45 mins away 1 way sometimes, but ever since 2.5 years ago my ovaries have been conspiring against me. I am currently awaiting my next hot flash.

If a few of you want to get together somewhere around Shrewsbury or New Freedom, that could work for me. I NEED to get out more, but baby steps ya know. Plus a therapy dog might be nice LOL. Maybe a cattle dog that doesn't have as many issues as I do ( all cattle dogs seem to have issues). But I cannot afford any new dogs.

Last night I became very interested in a 1/2 mount coyote I've been wanting to do since about 2004, so I filled my time fiddling around with the skin and form some.
    LOL, I am a woman...

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by jhbenson4 View Post
    Glad those that had the time could make it over to the hacienda for some java and associated table talk. I really enjoy sitting in a backyard over a resteraunt any day
    Did you show them the deer head I did for you?
    LOL, I am a woman...

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    Sorry I was a party pooper, just too much driving to get caught in a storm after dark, possible fog, etc. I really tried hard with my anxiety issues, but that DAMN RAIN! I used to be much more social and would drive 45 mins away 1 way sometimes, but ever since 2.5 years ago my ovaries have been conspiring against me. I am currently awaiting my next hot flash.

If a few of you want to get together somewhere around Shrewsbury or New Freedom, that could work for me. I NEED to get out more, but baby steps ya know. Plus a therapy dog might be nice LOL. Maybe a cattle dog that doesn't have as many issues as I do ( all cattle dogs seem to have issues). But I cannot afford any new dogs.

Last night I became very interested in a 1/2 mount coyote I've been wanting to do since about 2004, so I filled my time fiddling around with the skin and form some.
    Or, if it's a longer drive, and you can take a baby step to drive up to York, and mp517prct and I are going, you can always ride with us. Well, ok, so that requires me to clean out the Jeep first, but it also gives me a reason to clean out the Jeep.

(York County)

I had a great time but just couldn't stay out longer. Fortunately I was able to follow PennsyPlinker to the Bensons' hacienda - and thanks to the Bensons for being fabulous hosts. I really enjoyed that cigar, PennsyPlinker, so I need to check out Hain's cigar shop next time I visit downtown York.

And thanks to Echo Papa for calling to remind me about the whole thing...

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    Did you show them the deer head I did for you?
    Yup, its hanging on the wall next to the gun safe
    Porsche, there is no substitute

(York County)

Sorry i missed this one, everyone -- just FYI, that Starbucks happens to be right around the corner from where we (Hanover T.P. Patriots) hold our monthly meetings/events...by the way, we have an event (non-political) coming up on Sept. 16, if you're interested --a blood drive, in partnership with the Central Pa bloodbank, where every attempt to donate blood automatically gets matched with a donation to the local foodbank (which we also support), and also an open community picnic...a lot of our members OC, and it'd be a great way to come out and support TWO (or more!) good causes in one, while also getting some good grub, while also getting to meet some like-minded folks. Just sorry we missed meeting up with you guys this past Sat. !

Here is a link to the event on facebook!
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.ph...11519968895489

and our webpage is:
    www.hanoverteapartypatriots.org

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast