Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: First time CC'er, is this pistol too big?! (pics)

Good thing I checked, I think im too small to conceal a 19. Im 185lbs 6'1. Pictures say 1000 words so here they are. Think a 26 is in my future?

I had a 4-10, 85# woman on the job who carried a G17 concealed. She did eventually go to a G19. You have to dress accordingly and don't worry if you are printing slightly as 99% + of the people will not notice.

I've carried the 17, 19, and 26 for extended periods so I have some background data to draw on. A G26 is not a big difference so it is not a solution. The slight difference between the 19 and 26 is only apparent in your ability to access it if you carry in an ankle holster. The G19 is the best all around Glock 9mm for all your needs.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by 87th PVI View Post
    been there done that!

I am 6'0 & fluctuate between 180 & 195 lbs.
    I normally wear 36 without a standard gun IWB & they work fine with my .380 IWB or the .45 OWB or both.
    I buy 38 to accomodate the .45 IWB, & I have one pair of 40 that is for after the holidays and also works well when going with a gun IWB on each hip.

as for the OP I was sensitive as to printing too when I first started carrying again in 08 after many years of going out unarmed. In reality you are pretty much the only one who is noticing it. After a little while it will become normal daily routine to have that lump there & you won't even think about it.

Ha we must be twins. Judging by your description I am built/weigh the exact same. Same pants and all.

(Erie County)

I think it looks fine on you. It's going to show a little unless you have a jacket on.

(Lehigh County)

You shouldn't bend like that anyway, it's bad for your back. Just squat if you need to get something, printing problem solved. BTW I'm 6'2'' 175 lbs and I can conceal a 19 with no issue
    Bullets will be the currency of the future

Thanks for starting a very amusing thread. I have very little to add other than a confirmation of the merits of Hawaiian shirts that are oversized, loose fitting, untucked, dark in color and in a busy (floral) pattern! On a few occasions, I've attended BBQs with my 1911 Gov't Model carried in a Galco IWB @ 4:00 o'clock. At the time, (15 years ago) I was 5'9" and 185#. The shirts were dark blue or black with a white & pink orchid pattern. I think I got them from LL Bean. I remember they had wooden buttons on them. Whatever, the combination of the size, fit, color and pattern made it very difficult for anyone to pin me out. However, I didn't spend a lot of time bending over. Good luck to you with your Florida CCW!
    Last edited by noshow; February 28th, 2010 at 02:56 PM.
    Lord, help me become the person my dog believes I am

(Philadelphia County)

Well, I'm 5'10", 160 lbs, and conceal a Glock 17, so I should think you'd have even less of a problem with the smaller Glock 19. What I've found about bending at the waist is that no matter the size of the gun, its probably going to print some. Solution: don't bend at the waist, bend at the knee. Instead of bending over to inspect something or to pick it up, just take a knee and keep your back straight. Results in quite alot less printing.

(Blair County)

Just make sure its comfortable and forget the rest. You are much more likely to be detected for tugging at your shirt/adjusting gun then you are because it prints when you bend over.

How you planning on getting it over the border so you can carry in PA?

Please, no smart-ass answers like "In my trunk", under which laws do you know you are protected to transport that firearm from your home in NJ to PA to carry?

I know I'm sounding like a ball buster but I'd like to make sure you know what you are doing in case things don't go the way you want.
    All gave some and some gave all. Come home safe, brave warriors.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234