Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Argument over bear hunting leads to death - Jefferson County

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    1) go back to City
    2) Are you really serious?
    3) What medical facility performed the Labotomy? You need to get your money back
    4) What if someone starts firing in your direction? LMAO ahhh dude, Lead doesn't stop at imaginary lines on a piece of paper in the vault at the County recorders office, deeds and plot book...LOL
    This guy is killing me the more I think about this post...my guts are going to burst....OMG...I so needed this laugh...LOL

Customloaded, you need to cut down on whatever gets you so worked up. With your manors... I hope no one ever accidentally stumbles onto your property... and you never accidentally cross onto anyone elses. I can easily see you escalating the situation from what should just be and exchange of apologies and a handshake as you part ways.

I was basically asking what is the best way to get people to stop shooting in an unsafe direction. This is very relevant because this inability may have gotten one person shot and the other killed. BAD ATTITUDE was probably the cause for this.

I only edited my earlier post for grammar. I also have "no trespassing, hunting shooting fishing" signs all along the perimeter, but people do sometimes miss signs. Especially if they are focused on something else. Accidental, trespassing will happen. My question was an effort to find out about the best method of communicating from a distance with hunters.
    Last edited by tsafa; December 7th, 2009 at 01:35 AM.

(Lehigh County)

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworl...,2613400.story

[QUOTE] A man who shot and killed a property owner after first being shot during a trespassing dispute while bear hunting will not be charged.

The shooting of Frank Shaffer, 63, of Red Lion, on Nov. 24 was justified, state police Trooper Jamie LeVier said Thursday.

Paul Plyler, 23, of Summerville, shot Shaffer after being shot first in the hand, then, as he retreated, a second time in the back, LeVier said. Plyler fired a single shot, hitting Shaffer in the abdomen.

According to police, Shaffer confronted Plyler and four other hunters on property he owned near Summerville, a remote area about 15 miles from Punxsutawney and about 60 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.

They left, but a short time later, Shaffer, armed with a semiautomatic rifle, confronted them again and began shooting during the argument.

LeVier said Shaffer fired at least four shots at Plyler. No one else in Plyler's group fired shots.

LeVier could not say if the Plyler's group was mistakenly on Shaffer's land when he first ordered them to leave. The second encounter took place near his property line.

''From the first encounter to the second encounter, they were definitely moving in a direction that appeared they were leaving his property,'' LeVier said.

LeVier could not say whether Plyler's group was still hunting during the second encounter, or specifically how much time passed between encounters.

Three years ago, Shaffer was charged with pulling a gun on a trucker after each believed the other cut him off on Interstate 83 in York County. The charges were dropped when the trucker didn't show at Shaffer's preliminary hearing.

Messages left for Plyler and at a number listed for Shaffer were not immediately returned.
    Copyright © 2009, The Morning Call [QUOTE]
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1iarrowking View Post
    LeVier said Shaffer fired at least four shots at Plyler. No one else in Plyler's group fired shots.
    sounds like plyler needs some new friends.

just sayin'.

(hey carnes...if someone ever starts shooting at me, please return fire. )
    F*S=k

(Venango County)

Clarification:

Carnes, I think LRT means once he clears your sight picture!

We military types can take things too literally. If you say you don't mind us shooting a BG through you, we will do so if necessary.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    Clarification:

Carnes, I think LRT means once he clears your sight picture!

We military types can take things too literally. If you say you don't mind us shooting a BG through you, we will do so if necessary.
    good point, but i was assuming we weren't stupid enough to have enfiladed ourselves (or at least stayed that way) to begin with.
    F*S=k

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678