My friend was born and raised in Philly. In about 1960, his to-be wife bought a semi-auto Glenfield 75 for him for his birthday...from E J Korvettes for any here who might know of that long-gone "discount store".

He built a home in Tabernacle in 1976 and has lived in the area ever since. He still has the rifle. It's from the days of no serial numbers, so I believe the rifle Is grandfathered regarding that configuration of rifle otherwise now illegal in PRNJ, on the list of assault rifles. Yeah. Just plain asinine.

Friends since the early 60s, and knowing he has had zero experiences with firearms since then and just a half-box of .22s with that rifle when he first got it, I invited him to remedy that situation. I had picked up a Glenfield .22 scope at a gun show since the scope for the 75 had disappeared somehow over the years.

With the replacement scope mounted and zeroed , he had fun shooting his prized rifle once again. Then I had him shoot my AKM and he did well and really enjoyed it.

Today his wife called my wife while I was out, telling her how much he had enjoyed our afternoon on the range. I am so glad we were able to do this.

If you have a friend with little or no opportunity to shoot, consider brightening their day at the range.