After lurking on this site for a while I thought I'd go ahead and sign up and introduce myself since everybody that posts here seem to be pretty decent folks.

My wife and I moved here a couple years ago from Atlanta, so we're not totally new to the area, but still feel pretty new as we haven't really met a ton of people and only really committed to staying in the area this past year. We're both teachers in the area, in our 30s, no kids.

Anyway, we've both been kind of interested in potentially getting back into shooting sports....even just practicing for personal enjoyment. I used to shoot small bore rifle competitions way back in high school, but haven't been able to shoot much since then, and regrettably have limited experience with other weapons. Unfortunately, I haven't been hunting in about 10 years, but used to shoot a 30-06 when I did. She's only ever shot her dad's pistols for fun.

We don't have our PA LTCF yet, but plan to get them soon, as my wife's dad (a sheriff's deputy in Atlanta) has plans to send us a glock to keep for travel and home protection purposes.

Anyway, I'm intrigued by the group Scotia shoots I've seen mentioned. We wouldn't have any of our own weapons to bring along, but would be interested in learning more and meeting some new people in the area. I'll definitely keep my eye open for the next one and hopefully we'll be able to attend.