Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default NRA instructor against oc

I was at cabelas today and there were free seminars.I sat in on the introduction to self-defense and concealed carry.The nra instructor put a slide up on the board stating only to conceal carry at all times once you get your ltcf,which he kept calling a carry permit.He also said if you oc and were in a store that was to be robbed by three gangbangers,the oc'er would be the first to be shot dead,then they would rob the store.What is the nra teaching?These people were new to cc and were being taught a warped view.He also said he was at the nra convention last weekend and could not believe that nobody was being checked for weapons. There was another seminar on the right to bears arms by the berks county sheriff.I did not go to this one but I was told by a guy who did that the sheriff said oc is ok in Pa.and they have no problem with it.He said you may get a few looks here and there by people that know nothing about it.But that is all. Now the berks sheriff is ok with oc but a nra instructor is giving his own bias opinons. Then after the course is over the nra guy is pushing his nra classes that he charges for.I do not think we want to take his classes.

Default Re: NRA instructor against oc

We had an NRA instructor write in various news articles about open carry and the horrors of what will happen in Florida if OC was allowed. He stated that the police will harrass citizens who OC. This is just stupid rationale from a jack*ss.

(Berks County)

You might do well to check the many posts on this board of members who were hassled by the public and/or arrested by police because they were OCing before you call someone a jack***.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave49 View Post
    You might do well to check the many posts on this board of members who were hassled by the public and/or arrested by police because they were OCing before you call someone a jack***.
    Peopl who give people shit for open carry are jackasses.

(Lehigh County)

I'm sure all those posts of good and non-encounters are more of the norm than the bad encounters are.

We remember the negative ones much more easily though.

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    I'm sure all those posts of good and non-encounters are more of the norm than the bad encounters are.

We remember the negative ones much more easily though.
    And so do the non gun owners. When you OC you become the face of all gun owners. You become the voice of all gun owners. So encounters that become negative effect us all. When you want to be an ambassador for gun owners you owe it to all of us make all encounters good.

If you find yourself counting negative encounters and having to use both hands and feet to count on, maybe you should think twice about your ambassadorship and the harm you're doing to all of us.

Now carry on, any way you see fit.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by greggdavis View Post
    And so do the non gun owners. When you OC you become the face of all gun owners. You become the voice of all gun owners. So encounters that become negative effect us all. When you want to be an ambassador for gun owners you owe it to all of us make all encounters good.

If you find yourself counting negative encounters and having to use both hands and feet to count on, maybe you should think twice about your ambassadorship and the harm you're doing to all of us.

Any negative news relating to gun owners, whether it's a police encounter or an accident in a home, reflects badly. I think it's wrong to call all those who OC ambassadors of everyone else; by their own posts on this board those who OC really don't have frequent encounters, and by my estimate the vast majority are positive anyway. Most of the "negative" are the typical anit-gunner making a smart remark and nothing more.

No single gun owner owes any of us anything, in my opinion.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by greggdavis View Post

Awww how cute. An anti-2A person that thinks he is Pro-2A.

I personally don't OC, but I fully support those that do and I certainly don't view OC'ers as a negative "face of gun owners".

To the contrary, I view OC'ers as positive rolemodels for gun owners as they help bring "normalcy" and education to those that are clueless by choice or clueless by way of a failure to educate themselves on firearm laws and our Constitution. Which one are you?

You sound like the type of person that supports gay marriage, but just no signs of affection in public. They will ruin it for the rest of the gays...

Pro 2A or anti... There is no middle ground

(Delaware County)

The Berks Co. sheriff said it was "ok" to OC. That doesn't mean He's in favor of it.
    I don't have a problem with the NRA instructor giving an opinion on OC.
    People need to makes an informed decision for themselves. The debate rages on as to the tactical merits of OC vs CC.
    However, I don't have to agree with him on the whole OC\CC thing.
    My experience with OC has been pretty much a positive one and for the most part a non issue.

BTW, these guys are "NRA Certified" instructors. They don't work for the NRA and they don't speak for the NRA.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by akapjr View Post
    I was at cabelas today and there were free seminars.I sat in on the introduction to self-defense and concealed carry.The nra instructor put a slide up on the board stating only to conceal carry at all times once you get your ltcf,which he kept calling a carry permit.He also said if you oc and were in a store that was to be robbed by three gangbangers,the oc'er would be the first to be shot dead,then they would rob the store.What is the nra teaching?These people were new to cc and were being taught a warped view.He also said he was at the nra convention last weekend and could not believe that nobody was being checked for weapons. There was another seminar on the right to bears arms by the berks county sheriff.I did not go to this one but I was told by a guy who did that the sheriff said oc is ok in Pa.and they have no problem with it.He said you may get a few looks here and there by people that know nothing about it.But that is all. Now the berks sheriff is ok with oc but a nra instructor is giving his own bias opinons. Then after the course is over the nra guy is pushing his nra classes that he charges for.I do not think we want to take his classes.
    This, among many many other things, is why I am not a member of the NRA. ("certified" and not a "voice" or not). GOA for the win!

Justin
    Last edited by Justin///M; May 7th, 2011 at 06:05 PM.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast