Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Schuylkill County)

Default anyone shoot small bore silhoutte rifle

I was more just wondering if my Ruger 10/22 with a Fajen stock and heavy Adams and Bennett barrel were legal for matches. Also where do you shoot, anywhere near Schuylkill County?

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: anyone shoot small bore silhoutte rifle

Here's a resource for you:

http://www.steelchickens.com/resourc...esoverview.htm

These are from the NRA rulebook and where you can always get the original.

I was shooting silhouttes at Sayre Sportsmens Club (Bradford County), but for some reason that died out. Don't know a thing about Schuylkill County.

Standard Silhouette Rifle -A rifle, meeting the following specifications:

(a) Maximum weight 10 pounds, 2 ounces, including sights.

(b) Any sights, telescopic or metallic may be used. Scopes may not be more than 2 inches above the rifle as measured from the top of the receiver to the underside of the scope tube, nor may the scope be offset from the top centerline of the receiver. Any sighting device programmed to activate the firing mechanisms is prohibited.

(c) Any trigger not subject to accidental discharge. Triggers which function on release are not permitted. In the event of accidental discharge, the Range Officer shall require trigger adjustment or replacement of the rifle.

(d) Stock: The stock must be traditionally styled and may not be bent and/or twisted so as to deviate from conventional configurations such as factory rifle stocks or silhouette stocks as manufactured by Fajen, McMillan, H-S Precision, and others. The forend, including the trigger guard mounts and screws, shall not exceed 2 1/4 inches wide, and 2 1/4 inches deep measured from the centerline of the bore. Magazines do not have to conform to stock measurements but those that extend below the stock line may not be used as support. The forend shall extend a minimum of 8 inches forward of the forward edge of the receiver ring. The comb shall not extend above the centerline of the bore, but Monte Carlo roll may rise 1/2 inch on the off side. The toe of the stock including buttplate or recoil pad shall be no more than 7 inches below the centerline of the bore. Buttplate or recoil pad may not extend below the lower line of the stock.

(e) Attachments which do not cause any portion of the rifle to exceed the weight or dimensions as listed herein are permitted provided they do not extend past the end of the barrel. Sighting devices are not considered "attachments".

(f) Trigger guard must be present and may not vary from conventional configuration for the purpose of providing added thumb or palm support and shall be no deeper than 15/16 inches below the bottom line of the forend. (Note: TIC Contender Carbines and Ruger Single Shot rifles are exempt, provided the additional depth of the trigger guard is not used as palm or thumb support.) ,

(g) The barrel may be no longer than 30 inches including any sleeve or attachment, as measured from the face of the closed bolt to the end of the barrel.

(h) The rifle shall be chambered for only factory loaded .22 caliber short, long or long rifle rimfire cartridges. Hot loads, such as "Stingers", are not permitted.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: anyone shoot small bore silhoutte rifle

I shoot on Thursday nights at Falls Township R&P in Bucks County. Range is open to non-members for this event. We shoot several classes; open sight rifle, scoped rifle, open sight pistol, scoped pistol, and air guns.
    40 target shoot. .22 LR or air guns.
    I shoot a Win. Model 75 Target with open sights. Great fun.
    I do realize Bucks is not around the corner from Schuylkill County. PM me if you are intersested and I can give you the details.

Jeff
    NRA Benefactor member
    NRA 2nd Amendment Foundation
    Colt Collectors Association
    Browning Collectors Association
    Sharps Arms Collectors Association
    SASS Association

SANS PEUR et SANS REPROACHE