Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Well that explains my G19's heavy trigger!

So a few months ago, I bought a gently-used 2nd generation G19 from the classifieds here on the forum. It was built in 1996, IIRC...

The gun was originally owned by a PPD officer, then sold to the guy I bought it from.

Since buying the G19, I have put several hundred rounds through it, and have always kinda thought, "Gee, this trigger seems a bit heavier than what I recall my G27 being back when I still had it..."

Well today my OEM 4.5 lb. ("-") connector came in the mail, so I decided to strip the gun and see what I thought of the 4.5 connector (previously called the 3.5).

Turns out that this G19 had the "+" (8 lb.) connector in it! The trigger spring was the original coil spring, not one of the NY-1 leaf springs.

(I have heard this setup referred to as the "Miami Trigger," as Glocks sold to Miami Dade apparently were so equipped from the factory, by request)

In any event, I thought it was curious that I somehow ended up with a Glock with a somewhat unusual trigger setup/combination.

I like the feel of the lighter connector based on limited dry-fire so far, and I think that I will likely keep it in there - I actually think I will end up liking the added creep at the end of the trigger stroke, as such creep tends to help me pull "right through" the trigger, as opposed to anticipating the very distinct break point that was exaggerated with the 8 lb. ("+") connector...

Anyway, I guess I can update this thread once I get a chance to live-fire w/ the 4.5 connector...

Regards,

Bones

(Cumberland County)

Smile Re: Well that explains my G19's heavy trigger!

had the same experience with a used g21, opened it up to put in a 3.5 connector and found my first ny trigger. needless to say it ended up in the trash. checked with my dealer and he said he traided it in at a allentown show from a nj cop, his personal carry piece. can only guess if if he wanted it that way or was required to put in in to meet dept. standards. enjoy your g19. i put 3.5 connectors in my glocks as a general rule, try one you'll never go back.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Well that explains my G19's heavy trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
    Well today my OEM 4.5 lb. ("-") connector came in the mail, so I decided to strip the gun and see what I thought of the 4.5 connector (previously called the 3.5).
    Interestingly, I notice that connector is listed in the current parts list as "LE agency only (Chief or Sheriff Authorization & Signature required)".

Turns out that this G19 had the "+" (8 lb.) connector in it! The trigger spring was the original coil spring, not one of the NY-1 leaf springs.
    A good thing, too. The "+" connector should never be used with either of the NY trigger springs. Doing so could make the pull impossibly heavy, and prevent normal field stripping. The only work-around at that point would be to pull the slide cover plate.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by toml View Post
    Interestingly, I notice that connector is listed in the current parts list as "LE agency only (Chief or Sheriff Authorization & Signature required)".
    $20 from Glockmeister.com.

I ain't no law man, I can gar-un-tee ya that

Seems that the OEM 4.5's were somewhat unavailable for a while, from what I've read, but recently have hit the civilian market again

Regards,

Bones

(Montgomery County)

$20 from Glockmeister.com.
    Ouch! That's quite a markup from the factory price. Supply and demand, I suppose.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by toml View Post
    Ouch! That's quite a markup from the factory price. Supply and demand, I suppose.
    Ouch is right!

And get this - The "regular" price they charge (I got it on sale) is $25

I think the 5 & 8 lb. connectors can usually be had for under $10, no?

Oh well - It improved the trigger's feel enough that I'm OK with getting gouged on the price...

Regards,

Bones

(Montgomery County)

I think the 5 & 8 lb. connectors can usually be had for under $10, no?
    I would expect about $5 retail for any of the three weights going by what the factory charges armorers.
    Last edited by toml; May 29th, 2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Clarification