Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Noticed something odd

On my second time out carrying open I went to the grocery store (Giant) and stopped by Turkey Hill on my way home.
    Both times at the grocery store it seemed like no one noticed me or they just didn't care. I mean, its pretty hard to miss a full size handgun on someones hip, but I have come to the conclusion that the general populace is unaware of things going on around them.
    So I stopped to get a slushy at Turkey Hill on the way home and just about everyone there is looking at me like I'm planning on robbing the place. It was as if no one in there had ever seen a gun before and their eyes were fixated on it. Even the cashier blatantly stared at it for a full 2 seconds before ringing me up. It kind of bothered me and I was just waiting for someone to say something. No one did though.
    So all this to say that I think its odd that out of all of the moms/parents in the grocery store no one even gave me a second look. These are the people I would most expect it out of.
    Btw, this is the Giant on Columbia Ave in Lancaster. No troubles there so far, like I said, its like no one even noticed.

(Columbia County)

Default Re: Noticed something odd

You had a perfectly average day of OC. This is how it goes for me and everyone I know that OC's about 99% of the time. The other 1% tend to be good encounters with the occasional anti thrown in the mix.

The best way to keep the 'he's gonna rob the place' stares to a minimum is to be polite, dress nicely, and engage the cashier in a little pleasant conversation. In other words, look and act like the average law-abiding citizen that you are. If you look nervous because of the pistol on your hip, you will make others nervous.
    They let me play with chemicals!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by fishingfool151 View Post
    You had a perfectly average day of OC. This is how it goes for me and everyone I know that OC's about 99% of the time. The other 1% tend to be good encounters with the occasional anti thrown in the mix.

The best way to keep the 'he's gonna rob the place' stares to a minimum is to be polite, dress nicely, and engage the cashier in a little pleasant conversation. In other words, look and act like the average law-abiding citizen that you are. If you look nervous because of the pistol on your hip, you will make others nervous.
    rep points for completely common sense advice.

(Northampton County)

This morning I went to Fastenal, Rcn cable, Tandy Leather, Wawa, and a bakery outlet store. Had my Glock 20 OC, nothing was said, no long stares. It just sits next to my cell phone like it belongs there.
    National Handgun Reciprocity
    End Gun Free Zones
    Fast & Furious show us the documents

(Lycoming County)

The majority of people don't take a second look at an average person and don't take any notice IMHO. You probally notice a lot more about the people around you because you carry and have better awareness than the average person. Most people have really crappy SA and don't realize you are even armed.

(Lancaster County)

Sorry, the OP's post isn't complete because he hasn't cited the training he's had, when the last time he was at the range, and on average how many rounds he shoots each year.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Sorry, the OP's post isn't complete because he hasn't cited the training he's had, when the last time he was at the range, and on average how many rounds he shoots each year.

He does'nt need to he was probably just looking for attention or to make a political statement. You know that's the only reason to OC.

(Lancaster County)

I love you guys.
    You got me pinned, I am just an attention seeking whore like the rest of you OCers, haha.
    I do try to be extra nice to everyone whether I'm carrying open or concealed. It is just soooo much more comfortable to carry open, especially now that the weather is hot. I still favor concealed, but I'm kind of liking this open carry as well.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by amizzy View Post
    I love you guys.
    You got me pinned, I am just an attention seeking whore like the rest of you OCers, haha.
    I do try to be extra nice to everyone whether I'm carrying open or concealed. It is just soooo much more comfortable to carry open, especially now that the weather is hot. I still favor concealed, but I'm kind of liking this open carry as well.
    You inspired me, so I went OC today. I was about to grab my EDC but I decided it didn't make enough of a political statement. So I liberated my BHP from the safe and off I went to Boyer's Food Market in Tamaqua. Lots of looks but not one word was said. Next I stopped at Turkey Hill. The two employees were stocking shelves when I walked in and I heard the female say "Oh Geez" and she disappeared.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69ishootstuff View Post
    Pretty sure there is a yearly 12,000 round minimum requirement to OC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast