Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Hanover/Glenville/Waynesboro, Pennsylvania

Default The push is coming. Buy cheap stack deep

Arizona college shooting. The timely frequency of these school shooting will prompt regulations and bans. Just my opinion.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: The push is coming. Buy cheap stack deep

Crime is dramatically down, but media coverage is dramatically up. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand it's all propaganda

The media only covers these kind of incidents, they never cover the incidents where gun owners save lives and stop crimes

Join the NRA and fight back. If your gun rights aren't worth $50 a year, might as well turn them in now
    Last edited by PocketProtector; October 9th, 2015 at 08:51 AM.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Allegheny County)

If stuff didn't sell out and prices go thru the roof after the recent "bigger" tragedy, I don't think this one will be the one to dramatically change things either.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

I have been buying as cheap as I can and stacking so to say. Reloading my own now, that is some assurance.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

You mean A fight broke out and one scumbag pulled a gun... Wow that never happens 50 times a day anywhere else better push the panic button!!!!!!

Use your money wisely to defend your rights instead of wasting it running scared.

(Luzerne County)

Default Northern Arizona University shooting followed confrontation, police say

This is bad...

CNN)A confrontation between students in a parking lot at Northern Arizona University turned deadly early Friday when, police say, a freshman pulled a gun and shot four male students, killing one.

What led the suspect, identified by university police as Steven Jones, 18, to open fire around 1:20 a.m. Friday remained unclear. University police Chief Gregory T. Fowler said Jones was cooperating with investigators.

The identities of the slain and injured students have not been released, and it was not immediately clear what the conditions of the injured were. They are being treated at Flagstaff Medical Center.

Fowler said it appeared the victims had been shot multiple times.

Delta Chi fraternity said Friday that some members of its Northern Arizona University chapter were involved in the shooting, but that it did not have details about their conditions. The shooting, the fraternity said, "was not a chapter-related incident."

University President Rita Cheng said the school had experienced "a terrible tragedy."

"This is not going to be a normal day at NAU," she told reporters. "Our hearts are heavy."

Students, appearing weary and shocked, attended a news conference on the shooting. Some questioned why it took more than an hour after the shooting for text notifications warning of danger to go out to the university community.

Junior Megan Aardahl told CNN she awoke to text messages from the school and her family checking to see if she was OK. She said the incident rattled her and other students.

"There's a huge sense of community here, so everyone's just trying to like reach out and make sure everyone's OK, but it's a little anxious not knowing who's involved," she said.

Fowler said he couldn't immediately explain the messaging delays but said officers sent initial alerts out of an abundance of caution even though the situation was under control and there was no danger to students.

Gov. Doug Ducey pledged state support to help police investigate the shooting and to help those injured recover.

"This heartbreaking incident will impact many of our fellow citizens, and I ask all Arizonans to keep them and the family of the individual lost in their thoughts and prayers as they cope with this tragedy," he said.

U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, also issued a statement.

"My thoughts and prayers are with families of the person who was killed and the three others who were wounded in the horrific shooting on the campus of Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff early this morning," he said. "I appreciate the efforts of all state and local law enforcement officials, first-responders and school administrators, and continue to pray for the recovery of the injured, as well as all those in the NAU community who have been impacted by this terrible tragedy."

The shooting comes the same day President Barack Obama is set to visit Roseburg, Oregon, and the families of those slain in the October 1 massacre at Umpqua Community College.

The gunman in that case, Chris Harper-Mercer, 26, killed nine people before killing himself, according to police.
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/09/us/nor...ing/index.html

Default Re: Northern Arizona University shooting followed confrontation, police say

a college @120 AM .... what could they possibly be doing ????????????????
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

Default Re: Northern Arizona University shooting followed confrontation, police say

BIG Headlines..... Another school shooting!! The headlines will scream "You are not safe at school"

Two groups of students in parking lot at NAU @ 0100 in the morning get into some type of argument.
    Bet alcohol was involved and the shooting had nothing to do with the school other than it happened in
    their parking lot! Everytown will love this..................... And so will Obama!
    The story says the shooter was 18? I thought you had to be 21 to purchase a pistol?
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

(Carbon County)

nothing good ever happens after midnight and alcohol is involved
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Bucks County)

With gun and ammo availability, and prices at a long time low, now is the time to stock up but not horde.

Hopefully another buying panic won't start and change that.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast