Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Oaks June 7 1-7PM, June 8 9AM-5PM, June 9 9AM-4PM.

Thanks all - great information - so would getting there by 11AM Friday be enough time to sort it all out? They gave me zero information on 'setup times'. I just have the one table so wont be a bunch of loads. I am pricing everything very competitively so as to sell it all quickly. Guess well see how it goes. Thanks again!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by skylark View Post
    Thanks all - great information - so would getting there by 11AM Friday be enough time to sort it all out? They gave me zero information on 'setup times'. I just have the one table so wont be a bunch of loads. I am pricing everything very competitively so as to sell it all quickly. Guess well see how it goes. Thanks again!
    I get there around 9 am. I have several trips to the truck to make. The doors are less congested earlier in the day, and quickly get jammed up with trailers and dealers double parking or parking other dealers in. It*s a massive cluster. Keep in mind it will be warm*and yes it is work setting up and tearing down. I dont think i would want to cut it that close especially since this is your first show. Give yourself plenty of time to get stuff accomplished. And to be honest, if you are pricing stuff cheap*be prepared for cheap asses to ask for even more money off because $50 for a $100 item will never be cheap enough since someone paid $15 to get in the door. Be prepared to offer discounts because you owe everyone something. It*s going to be a massive learning curve for you and i wish you the best. Sometimes, i wait until the doors are open and the public is in the building before i put my deals on the table. I had a Garand on the table for $995 last year*CMP rifle*nothing spectacular but a good solid shooter. A dealer came by and quickly grabbed it to gauge the barrel. He was satisfied and then asked me to take $200 off my price. I declined and put it back under the table. Sold it to the public 30 minutes after the show opened for my full asking price. The best advice i can give you*is brace yourself. Be prepared to hear *I*ll think about it*, *i might be back*, *can you do any better*, *what*s your best price*, and *i remember when i could get this for $1 from a pickle barrel at Sunny*s surplus*. Don*t get frustrated, there is a seat for every ass. And for every guy that offers to buy your stuff at 50% of your asking price, there are 10 more waiting to give you the full asking price.

(Delaware County)

LOL - thats awesome - thanks again. We will be prepared. Ill have my 'ignore the jerks' armor fully on. Really appreciate the advice here!

(Delaware County)

I have a question. If I am at a gun show and purchase a weapon at one table, pass the background check, can I use the same background check at another table or do I have to get another background check at each table I purchase a gun ??? I am looking for a Taurus TORO revolver. But one in stainless and one in all black.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    I have a question. If I am at a gun show and purchase a weapon at one table, pass the background check, can I use the same background check at another table or do I have to get another background check at each table I purchase a gun ??? I am looking for a Taurus TORO revolver. But one in stainless and one in all black.
    Is this a serious question?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    Is this a serious question?
    I'll bet a burger and a beer that the answer is, "yes".
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I'll bet a burger and a beer that the answer is, "yes".
    Wow, OK*.so then the real answer is no. You cannot just use a background check conducted at one dealer as a free pass for any/every other firearm you wish to purchase at another dealers tables. If the same dealer has both revolvers you want, you can purchase them both from the same dealer and they will run one background check but you will still have to fill out a SP ROS form for each hand gun. The dealer will then fill out a multiple handgun purchase form for you and mail it to the appropriate entities. A dealer will run a background check for a transfer of a firearm but you have no access to that background check number. More over, the state charges dealers for each background check regardless of disposition and regardless if the person actually comes back to pick up his firearm. So to sum it all up, you can buy multiple firearms on one background check at each dealer. You cannot buy from multiple dealers without a background check from each dealer.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    Wow, OK*.so then the real answer is no. You cannot just use a background check conducted at one dealer as a free pass for any/every other firearm you wish to purchase at another dealers tables. If the same dealer has both revolvers you want, you can purchase them both from the same dealer and they will run one background check but you will still have to fill out a SP ROS form for each hand gun. The dealer will then fill out a multiple handgun purchase form for you and mail it to the appropriate entities. A dealer will run a background check for a transfer of a firearm but you have no access to that background check number. More over, the state charges dealers for each background check regardless of disposition and regardless if the person actually comes back to pick up his firearm. So to sum it all up, you can buy multiple firearms on one background check at each dealer. You cannot buy from multiple dealers without a background check from each dealer.
    Thanks for the info.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(York County)

No problem aggies. In the interest of transparency, you will not fill out the multiple handgun sale form if you purchase two handguns from the same dealer. The dealer will do that for you and sent it to local CLEO and the DOJ

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345