Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Concealed carry at Sight & Sound

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    I will be there tomorrow also, at the 3:00 show.
    That's the show I'll be at.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by wew3 View Post
    That's the show I'll be at.
    Cool, it should be a good time. I'll follow their recommendations and keep it well-concealed.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Bucks County)

Summary: I got in.

Attended the 3 pm showing of Daniel yesterday. It was a warm day so I didn’t wear a jacket. Instead of my .40 Sig I decided to take my Keltec P32 as I figured I’d be more comfortable while sitting in a seat for 3 hours. Clipped it to my waist band and covered it with my shirt tall. I also had my 4” stainless steel Delica clipped inside my pants pocket. I’m also carrying my phone and a large set of keys with a mini-multitool attached.

We walk to the entrance, I’m in front, then my daughter, wife and 2 sons. My wife and daughter have small packs. As we approach, I see the metal detectors and say “Uh, oh”. My daughter asked if I had my knife on me and I told her “Yes” and she said “They’re not going to let you in with that”. I thinking about going back to the car but decided to go through the detectors and see what happens. I go through and the woman on the other side says to me “You need to go over there”, pointing to a table manned by a security guard. The wife and kids had no issues. I go over to the table thinking nuts, I’m going to be walking back to the car. The guard finishes checking a woman’s bag and I step up and notice a wand on the table. I ask him “what’s going on?” and he spends about 5 seconds looking at his IPad and then says “You’re fine.” So I walked in. I have no idea what was on the IPad screen and didn’t ask.

The show was great and dinner at Miller’s was good – typical smorgasbord

(Berks County)

Attended the 3 pm showing of Daniel yesterday. It was a warm day so I didn*t wear a jacket. Instead of my .40 Sig I decided to take my Keltec P32 as I figured I*d be more comfortable while sitting in a seat for 3 hours. Clipped it to my waist band and covered it with my shirt tall. I also had my 4* stainless steel Delica clipped inside my pants pocket. I*m also carrying my phone and a large set of keys with a mini-multitool attached.

We walk to the entrance, I*m in front, then my daughter, wife and 2 sons. My wife and daughter have small packs. As we approach, I see the metal detectors and say *Uh, oh*. My daughter asked if I had my knife on me and I told her *Yes* and she said *They*re not going to let you in with that*. I thinking about going back to the car but decided to go through the detectors and see what happens. I go through and the woman on the other side says to me *You need to go over there*, pointing to a table manned by a security guard. The wife and kids had no issues. I go over to the table thinking nuts, I*m going to be walking back to the car. The guard finishes checking a woman*s bag and I step up and notice a wand on the table. I ask him *what*s going on?* and he spends about 5 seconds looking at his IPad and then says *You*re fine.* So I walked in. I have no idea what was on the IPad screen and didn*t ask.

The show was great and dinner at Miller*s was good * typical smorgasbord

I have never eaten there. Can you compare it to Shady Maple, or even Yoder's? I've not been impressed with Shady Maple lately. I actually prefer Yoder's.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    [/B]

I have never eaten there. Can you compare it to Shady Maple, or even Yoder's? I've not been impressed with Shady Maple lately. I actually prefer Yoder's.
    Millers is more quality than quantity. I prefer Millers, but will still go to Shady Maple.

(Dauphin County)

Attended the 3 pm showing of Daniel yesterday. It was a warm day so I didn*t wear a jacket. Instead of my .40 Sig I decided to take my Keltec P32 as I figured I*d be more comfortable while sitting in a seat for 3 hours. Clipped it to my waist band and covered it with my shirt tall. I also had my 4* stainless steel Delica clipped inside my pants pocket. I*m also carrying my phone and a large set of keys with a mini-multitool attached.

We walk to the entrance, I*m in front, then my daughter, wife and 2 sons. My wife and daughter have small packs. As we approach, I see the metal detectors and say *Uh, oh*. My daughter asked if I had my knife on me and I told her *Yes* and she said *They*re not going to let you in with that*. I thinking about going back to the car but decided to go through the detectors and see what happens. I go through and the woman on the other side says to me *You need to go over there*, pointing to a table manned by a security guard. The wife and kids had no issues. I go over to the table thinking nuts, I*m going to be walking back to the car. The guard finishes checking a woman*s bag and I step up and notice a wand on the table. I ask him *what*s going on?* and he spends about 5 seconds looking at his IPad and then says *You*re fine.* So I walked in. I have no idea what was on the IPad screen and didn*t ask.

The show was great and dinner at Miller*s was good * typical smorgasbord
    Essentially the same thing happened to me. I had my Taurus G3C IWB appendix position. Went through the metal detectors and the young woman said "Sir, please step over to the table for more screening." The security guard at the table asked if I had anything metal on me, while motioning toward my mid-section. I played dumb and said quizzically "Metal?" He said "Yeah, maybe your belt buckle or something." I replied, "Maybe my belt buckle". He waved his wand near my belt buckle, and then along each leg. On my left side, the wand beeped, and he asked "Maybe your keys in your pocket?". I said, "No, I don't have keys in my pocket." He swept his wand around a little longer, then said "OK, you're ok to go in." That was it. Without me saying it, I think he understood I was carrying a firearm, but allowed me to proceed without fully determining the fact.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    [/B]

I've never been to either. As to Miller's, we all thought that the food was good and that there was a good selection. Although the boys were disappointed that they didn't have ribs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12