Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: The Trop Gun Shop - Elizabethtown

i stopped in this weekend finally they tore out the old "back room" which really opened it up and there are several racks of used guns on the floor of the "old shop" section.

I was talking to the guy at the cash register who said they plan on moving all of the guns into the lower level (where reloading and ammo are now) and moving all of that stuff up to the front and they plan on expanding reloading and offering classes on reloading.

Anyway it looks like they are headed in the right direction

(Montgomery County)

Thumbs down Re: The Trop Gun Shop - Elizabethtown

I lived in Rheems in the early 90s and bought/traded a few guns at The Trop.

Was back in the area on Friday, as I store a few classic cars in Hershey and decided to take a drive down to see the new Trop and to visit Bube's Brewery in Mount Joy again for dinner and a few beers. Try their Nut Brown Ale....

I also travel around the Eastern half of Pennsylvania on business, so I'm always scrounging around local gun shops.

Anyway, I checked out Trop's used handguns....there was not a deal to be found. Typical local gun stealer, er, dealer prices. Nice, courteous counter help, however.

With respect to used handgun prices, Tanner's still has them beat by a country mile. And The Trop is in the country.....in the middle of nowhere, with lower overhead costs....

(Dauphin County)

Alright... I felt I needed to locate this thread after my last experience at Trop.

I live right down the road from Trop. It's a good location to be. I have Trop, Kinsey's, and Bullseye Shooters all within a mile of my house. I generally like to shop around at all three and get an idea for who's got the best prices on what. I generally will only shop at Trop for ammo, since for a long time there, they were selling 100 count boxes of WWB 9mm for only $22 (less than Walmart!). Not anymore.

I stopped in the night before last because I had picked up a holster as a gift for a friend. When we tried it out with his gun, it came nowhere close to fitting, so I wrapped it back up to return it to the store. I walked up to the man standing at the front counter and told him I needed to return it. He looked at me and said "Yea. And?"

I'm sorry... What?

I was a little set back by such a cocky response. I told him I just needed to return it. I had the bag, receipt, and everything and it wasn't even used. He then asks, "Was there something else you wanted?" I walked away, looked at a few guns, laughed at their unreasonably high prices and walked back up to the man at the counter and said no thanks. He then proceeded to make me wait for 10 minutes while he organized his cash till drawer before he would give me a refund. I took my cash and walked out the front door.

Good riddance, Trop. You permanently lose my business. Re-organize all you want. Change management all you want. You will still remain the crap hole you have always been.

***Edit***

This is not my first bad experience with Trop and their usual price gouging and rude staff. This was just the final straw for me.
    Last edited by daustin; August 24th, 2011 at 07:59 AM.

(Bucks County)

I stopped into Trop on Tuesday waiting for Kinsey's to open and found a rare model Remington model 31B, 16 gauge, with a matted, raised rib for $229.00-marked down from $279.00-not a bad deal.

I found they had a great selection of both new and used firearms-no sticker shock. I was there for shotguns only.

I also had the chance to visit the Horseshoe gun shop and Sydas. Both were nice stores but their prices had me walking in and out with blinking...Shydas does have a clothing shop attached next door that has more outdoor clothing and shoes and any army/navy store that you've been to.

(York County)

I stopped into Trop for the first time since their remodel. It appears they are trying to re-brand themselves and the shop has a new and professional layout, now. The store is now organized and has all firearms (rifle/shotgun/pistols) located together in the lower level. Their number of used firearms has dramatically increased. Their staff now all wear shirts that identify them as employees.
    One employee helped me with a purchase of a Winchester model 62A. I did have to wait a short while while they figured out what to do with my C&R license......but they were all friendly and I appreciated it when I got an honest "I don't know" when dealing with me rather than the "know it all" attitude I get every once in awhile when dealing with people unfamiliar with C&R's.
    Their prices all seemed good to fair on the firearms I looked over. Good deals on certain ammo since they were having their Grand Reopening sale.
    Overall.....I like the new professionalism and store layout. I am in the market for a new AR-15 so I will be checking them out again soon.

(Somerset County)

I finally stopped in again over the weekend. First time I've been there since they remodeled. I really like the new layout and it seems much brighter and more open. They were busy on Saturday afternoon, about 4 of us in line in the cash register and the gun counter was pretty well filled with lookers/purchasers.

Dale

(York County)

Just saw that Trop has purchased a larger building on the other side of E-town in order to expand. I believe it will be on N Hanover St. Great to see a small business growing! I wish them much success!

(Somerset County)

I just heard that today. Good for them that they're epxanding but bad for me, that's further away

Dale

(Lancaster County)

well thats bullshit! im less than 3 minutes away now, im gonna have to go to the other side of town now? lanco will be closer, just sayin.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnUSCG View Post
    Just saw that Trop has purchased a larger building on the other side of E-town in order to expand. I believe it will be on N Hanover St. Great to see a small business growing! I wish them much success!
    I liked their page on facebook and saw the annoucement today. The new building will have an indoor range. I'm curious if it's going to be an additional location or a location move.

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast