Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default MAAC gun show harrisburg,pa

SEP 11 and 12th Harrisburg, Pa., 1200 tables Farm Show Complex, (internet map) 2300 North Cameron St., 17110. Interstate - 81 exit 67 Cameron St. south to Farm Show Complex on right. From Pa. turnpike ( I - 76 ) exit 247, follow I - 283 north to I - 83 north to I - 81 south to exit 67. No great buildup needed for this show. It has become the largest show of its kind in the east. None bigger or longer established. Our usuual offerings, plus and open invitation to RUGER, SAVAGE, MARLIN, HOPKINS & ALLEN, IVER JOHNSON, HIGH STANDARD, AND THOMPSON CENTER collectors WORLD WIDE to display or sell. Special display tables will be available and cash awards will be offered for best educational display. For particulars on exhibit space, call or email.

let the hate begin

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: MAAC gun show harrisburg,pa

The parking fee is BS and then they make pay at the door! And there are NEVER any deals there! All the dealers suck too!

See you there!

(York County)

I'll be there. You can usually find good deals on ammo there if you look around. Parking across the street though.

(York County)

Good show. Just got back. Got some pretty decent deals on ammo, and found a Springfield GI 45 NIB that I got $30 off.

(Lancaster County)

I'm officially done with gun shows. Especially this one. $16 to get in, with parking and admission just to hear a bunch of dealers whine about no one wanting to pay their inflated prices. Cry me a river, what goes around comes around. Remember that next time demand goes back up.

The Only positive thing about the experience was meeting Nathan Lamb, who owns Lanco Tactical in Elizabethtown. He was a very friendly dealer, and while we couldn't make a deal today, was the only one who treated everyone who came to his table well. There's a reason he was busy every time I walked past and its because of his attitude. I will definitely do business with him in the future.

Gun show dealers would do well to stop moping around and behaving as if they're entitled to our money simply because they have guns for sale. Its shameful, and a good way to guarantee that people spend their money elsewhere. I know I'm probably generalizing here, but a few bad apples really can ruin the bunch.

(Berks County)

My dad and I went on Saturday. I thought it was a pretty good show. Plenty of room to move around at a gun show for once.

(Cumberland County)

I didn't buy an AK with an underfolder like I had planned. Or .45 and .223 ammo. Or a 1911. I walked out empty handed. Well I shouldn't say that, I did walk out with 1000 rounds of 9mm.... but it was my dads.

(Berks County)

My dad and I walked out with a Harris bipod for our Remington 700 tactial. We saved are money for Valley Forge

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by mak47 View Post
    I'm officially done with gun shows. Especially this one. $16 to get in, with parking and admission just to hear a bunch of dealers whine about no one wanting to pay their inflated prices. Cry me a river, what goes around comes around. Remember that next time demand goes back up.

The Only positive thing about the experience was meeting Nathan Lamb, who owns Lanco Tactical in Elizabethtown. He was a very friendly dealer, and while we couldn't make a deal today, was the only one who treated everyone who came to his table well. There's a reason he was busy every time I walked past and its because of his attitude. I will definitely do business with him in the future.

Gun show dealers would do well to stop moping around and behaving as if they're entitled to our money simply because they have guns for sale. Its shameful, and a good way to guarantee that people spend their money elsewhere. I know I'm probably generalizing here, but a few bad apples really can ruin the bunch.

Sounds like an ad, We dont mope, we get sick of people like you crying about how rude everyone was, and I can bet dollars to donuts you didnt talk to every dealer there, but you come here and complaine about them EXCEPT ONE OF COURSE. Well junior, we do get pissed I will admit that; and here is why.
    I have a guy come to my table, he is interested in my Draco ak pistol @ 360.00 ( like that isnt a deal) now he wants it for 330.00 out the door. Some of you bitches must think we mark guns up 1-2 hundred bucks. I told him no can do. Ok, now he wants it out the door for the 360.00. now he pissed me off. I told him I marked it up 30 dollars and if I eat the tax I make a whoping 22 dollars. Gotta sell a lot of guns to pay for 210.00 dollars worth of tables if I make 22 a gun, do the fucking math.

Its obvious you guys who complaine have never ran a buisness. Lots of cost involved , and that dosnt include the paperwork. Now a few of you johnsons will come on here and cry " we didnt tell you to start a buisness" f- off. what did you ever do with out at least trying to be successful at it.

Now ya, there is a small percentage of dealers who do ask some crazy prices for stuff, but all dealers dont operate like that. I have many customers on here in the class 3 game who tell me all the time I have good prices compared to other SOT's in the state. I dont charge MSRP , but I make a good profit, too carry more product at a competative price. This is how to play the game to stay in the BIZ . If you have no clue how capitolism works move to russia or china were the prices are set for you, and have a good time.

I can go on and on, If you would like to know what crap we have put up with in this Biz feel free to call me and we can talk.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by forceinPA View Post

. . . we do get pissed I will admit that; and here is why.

I have a guy come to my table, he is interested in my Draco ak pistol @ 360.00 ( like that isn't a deal) now he wants it for 330.00 out the door. Some of you bitches must think we mark guns up 1-2 hundred bucks. I told him no can do. OK, now he wants it out the door for the 360.00. now he pissed me off. I told him I marked it up 30 dollars and if I eat the tax I make a whopping 22 dollars. Gotta sell a lot of guns to pay for 210.00 dollars worth of tables if I make 22 a gun, do the fucking math.
    I've been on both sides of the tables at gun shows, sometimes helping out dealers that I know when they set up at shows. I'm also an independent businessman in a non-firearms field. My formal training is a degree in Mechanical Engineering and Business Administration way back in 1978. The point that Force is trying to make is certainly valid, although with Force being in the business and still getting pissed off at gun show customers such as that one in his example, he might do well to find another line of work.

You can't get pissed, you can't get torn up inside. You price your merch at the margin you need, and move off that price if you have to on an individual basis, depending on the factors at the moment -- customer is a loyal "good" customer and seldom wants to dicker; customer is paying cash; business cash flow is tight, whatever. The "wrong" customer can get to you, however, and I can understand all too well Force's feelings on the subject.

Let me explain my perception of the issue: The majority of non-business-owners are not sensitive to the costs of running a successful business due to lack of experience. While they may acknowledge that business owners have the right to make enough money to cover expenses and make a profit, some just don't want that profit being made from sales to them.

Part of the customer's perception (rather, misperception) is that there are big markups in new guns because new guns carry such high price tags. Not true. A new (insert mfr and model here) with an $899 sticker costs a dealer maybe $800-$825 including shipping, leaving $75 to $99 for paying electricity, heating fuel, telephone and internet, payroll taxes, wages, shipping, FFL license fees, state firearms license fees, property and inventory taxes, business insurance (liability, building and contents), health insurance (now mandated by law), etc. Gotta sell a LOT of those expensive $899 guns to make enough nut to cover those expenses.

Second, anyone willing to spend the $$$ for a copy of SGN or Gun List pretty much knows "wholesale" prices and expects firearms dealers to order them these guns at those prices, charging only a token "transfer fee" of $10-$25 for doing so.

Those two reasons are why gun dealers prefer to sell used guns, buying them at 40%-60% of MSRP and marking them up to 90%-95% MSRP. Most gun dealers rely on sales of new accessories (scopes, mounts, ammo, leather, hunting equipment, etc.) and used guns to make ends meet and stay in business. Especially with a Dunhams, Dicks, Gander Mountain, or good ol' WalMart nearby.

Just my perception.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast