Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Shotguns

Notices

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:16 PM

(Bucks County)
Broncobob has a reputation beyond reputeBroncobob has a reputation beyond reputeBroncobob has a reputation beyond reputeBroncobob has a reputation beyond reputeBroncobob has a reputation beyond reputeBroncobob has a reputation beyond reputeBroncobob has a reputation beyond reputeBroncobob has a reputation beyond reputeBroncobob has a reputation beyond reputeBroncobob has a reputation beyond reputeBroncobob has a reputation beyond repute
Default ASI Shotguns

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience with asi shotguns. I am looking at one as a cheap truck gun. I was also wondering if they are compatible with mossberg 500 parts, such as a pistol grip etc.

Thanks ahead of time for any info everyone.

Bob G

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old January 2nd, 2014, 09:43 PM
PAFOA Bronze Supporter

(Bucks County)
win67 has a reputation beyond reputewin67 has a reputation beyond reputewin67 has a reputation beyond reputewin67 has a reputation beyond reputewin67 has a reputation beyond reputewin67 has a reputation beyond reputewin67 has a reputation beyond reputewin67 has a reputation beyond reputewin67 has a reputation beyond reputewin67 has a reputation beyond reputewin67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ASI Shotguns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobob View Post
I was also wondering if they are compatible with mossberg 500 parts, such as a pistol grip etc.
Doesn't look like it.

If you have a bunch of Mossberg 500 parts that you want to put on a truck gun, a base model M500 is about the same price as this Turkish shotgun. Turkish guns can be very nice but they tend not to have the same kind of aftermarket as American ones.

FYI, no, I don't own a Turkish shotgun, but I've never noticed them to be of inferior quality when I've used them.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 11:05 PM
Banned

sonnyroofy has a reputation beyond reputesonnyroofy has a reputation beyond reputesonnyroofy has a reputation beyond reputesonnyroofy has a reputation beyond reputesonnyroofy has a reputation beyond reputesonnyroofy has a reputation beyond reputesonnyroofy has a reputation beyond reputesonnyroofy has a reputation beyond reputesonnyroofy has a reputation beyond reputesonnyroofy has a reputation beyond reputesonnyroofy has a reputation beyond repute

if your budget can't stretch to a used 500, get a Maverick model 88. I have nothing against Turkish shotguns but you need to take 922R compliance into consideration if you want to customize them.

500 parts fit the Mav 88 and the safety is where it *should be* unlike on the 500 itself.
Old February 13th, 2014, 04:58 AM

(Montgomery County)
Smiths Armory is an unknown quantity at this point

ASI is the Turkish manufacturer of these guns. It is a line we carry at Smiths Armory and the shotguns are well made. I don't think that the part from a Mossberg would be compatible. However these rifles are are very affordable. There is a model called PASIMAX which has a pistol grip and tactical sights for around $230.00 retail. There are also other models available all with 18.5 inch barrels in the most popular configurations. I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Bill
Smiths Armory
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PASIMAX-2.jpg (47.5 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Smiths Armory; February 13th, 2014 at 05:09 AM.
Old March 17th, 2014, 02:10 PM

(Berks County)
Shaft is an unknown quantity at this point

Benelli parts will fit it.. ASI is to Benelli as ATI is to STI in the 1911 world if you have recognize those brands. Toyota to Lexus and so on

I think I might pick up a pasimax after the things I've heard and luck I've had with my ATI Titan. Lotsa good features for same price as a mav88