Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Hokkmike Guest

Default A visit to several area gun shops in NEPA!

Yesterday I was on a mission and my wife was agreeable so while I dropped her off shopping at many places I visited:

Dixie's Gun Shop in Hughesville, PA
    Gander Mountain in Muncy, PA
    Sauer's Trading Post in South Williamsport, PA
    Troxell's in Williamsport, PA
    Curt's in Mifflinville, PA
    Jim's Gun Shop in Bloomsburg, PA
    Wal Mart in Bloomsburg, PA
    L&R Reloading in Laddsburg, PA

It was a GREAT day and I saw many cool guns. If you want milsurp go to Sauer's or Curt's. If you want real bargains go to L&R. Best handgun prices on new stuff were at Troxell's. Best prices on used handguns with a huge selection were at Kurt's and L&R. Best ammo supplies were at Curt's, L&R, and Sauer's. Curt's has a one box limit on pistol ammo. The other two do not.

Here is how I would characterize their customer service:

Dixies - They come right over and ask if they can help. Love to engage in gun talk.

Gander Mountain - What can I say? Not real gun savvy and take a number. When you do get a sales clerk he is usually friendly enough. Business like.

Sauer's - Very friendly & good sense of humor. Kind of a "low pressure" when you think you know what you want talk to him kind of guy. The first time I ever went in there I Was treated to coffee and donuts. Last time he was singing.

Troxell's. THE handgun place. Extremely knowledgeable. Friendly but business like. Depends who waits on you as to how much small talk you will get.

Curt's - Very low pressure. Laid back. When you ask a question he is very personable and will tell you what you need to know. I think the shop is used to a bit higher volume of customers than the others being right off of route 80. A fun place to browse.

Jim's - Small shop in Lightstreet PA. Very, very, friendly and accommodating. Smaller inventory. Seems very knowledgeable.

Wal Mart - Wal Mart is Wal Mart.

L&R - Robert greets you with a classic "helloooooo"! Friendly. Likes to engage in political discussion. Tells it like it is regarding incoming shipments of guns and ammo.

I visit some of these shops frequently. I have not been to Kurt's or Jim's much.

If you have any questions please feel free to post them.

One thing for certain, we have many great gun shops in NEPA. And I know there are many I have not been to yet.

Keep well.
    Last edited by Hokkmike; May 3rd, 2013 at 09:13 AM.