Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Palmetto State Armory

Just a heads up for the online shoppers. They're offering free shipping now through Sunday (10/28/12) on orders over $50 (including ammo).

http://palmettostatearmory.com/

Orders seem to be shipping quickly as well... at least for now.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Palmetto State Armory

Yesterday I placed an order for 1 case of xtac 5.56 for 349.50 shipped. Also ordered 500 rounds of Prvi 308 for $300.

I have to stop doing that...............

PS They have Federal .22 value pack for 19.99. $0.038 per round.
    Last edited by SHTF; October 26th, 2012 at 11:23 AM.

If you are thinking of ordering something from the Palmetto State Armory over the internet, read this review before you click order. If you do click order, be prepared to wait months for the things you ordered to be shipped to you (and never mind their bogus claim of 15 business days for assembly...) and also be prepared for terse customer service which will ignore all questions you might have.

This review is for their online store. I ordered an AR15 Upper on 10/17/12 to the tune of $473.XX including shipping. There have not been any holidays that fall on business days and the item I ordered was not on sale at that time, nor has it been on sale since.

PSA's website claims that lead times on an order that must be assembled are about 15 business days, a few days longer during holidays or sales. So I made the order and expected to wait about two and a half weeks before I would get a notice of shipment via Email.

I waited three weeks and sent them an email asking if they had an ETA on the Upper assembly. I got this response.
    Orders containing uppers take approximately 15 business days to manufacture. The lead time may be extended during holidays or sale periods.

Nicole Kone
    Palmetto State Armory
    200 Business Park Blvd.
    Columbia, SC 29203
    (803) 788-9095
    Wow, that's it? That's all you have as an answer? Unbelievable. So not only does continental drift happen at a faster pace than PSA's assembly and shipping, but their CS is terse and ignores directly asked questions to boot.

It has now been 22 business days (more than a calendar month) since I placed the order and still no sign of shipping or progress. I'm getting to the point where If I don't see shipping in the next few days. I'll contact my credit card servicer and have them retract payment to the Palmetto State Armory. Why? because I refuse to honor my part of a contract in the form of a 10% restocking fee when they have broken their end of the bargain and as such have no rights to hold any customer to the terms of a contract they plainly do not honor. If they have problems with that, they can take it up with my credit card provider.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Chester County)

That's pretty different from my experience ordering ammo from them. Every time I've ordered ammo (including after the election) and had it delivered within 7 to 10 days.

In one case, they made a mistake and sent me a different ammo than what I ordered, and they had a replacement (and a return UPS label) out the next day.

I don't think the "sale period" they refer to means your item being on sale. It means any large volume of orders that might slow things down on their end. I hear that something might have happened on Nov 6 that could have caused a lot of people to suddenly place orders.
    Last edited by PaTom; November 19th, 2012 at 08:04 AM. Reason: typo

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by ToddWY View Post
    Just a heads up for the online shoppers. They're offering free shipping now through Sunday (10/28/12) on orders over $50 (including ammo).

http://palmettostatearmory.com/

Orders seem to be shipping quickly as well... at least for now.
    Somehow, I missed that free shipping deal.

I ordered some ammo from them on 11/06 and had it on my desk at work 3 days later. My order was short one box of 9mm. I e-mailed customer service and got an apologetic reply and the box of ammo arrived a few days later.
    MikeP

(Monroe County)

I just ordered (2) of their blem lowers.. took about a week.. couldn't find any blems on them...

Joe

(Allegheny County)

I order ammo from them all the time. Sometimes they have a sale on certain calibers and other times free shipping. Sign up for thier email list and read what's on sale.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Westmoreland County)

I have ordered 4 times including an order for one complete upper and their shipping time estimates have been on the mark every time!

You can also post on AR15.com to see how your order is coming...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_301/2...ad.html&page=1

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Tioga County)

I just placed another ammo order from PSA.

A box of .380, a box of .38 Spl. and a box of .22LR. That is 475 rounds in all shipped for $7.

I priced the exact order on several other sites. PSA beat them by 20 to 30 bucks factoring price plus shipping.
    MikeP

(Centre County)

Wanted to share my recent experience with an order. I have had good experiences with PSA before waiting on assembled uppers and receiving parts in very timely manner. I know that they have had their share of growing pains and seen the horror stories others have had with incorrect orders and trying to get through on the phone for customer service.

I placed an order for a gas tube and 2 M16 bolt carrier groups on Thursday, 4/11. I fully expected this order to take 2+ weeks to receive, but received the package on 4/22, 11 days with 2 weekends in between. I opened the package and found they had only send 1 BCG, and my worries about the horror stories of dealing with them began. I called them at 9 am the next day, and had my call answered by a person after 2 rings. The representative looked up my order number and told me they'd have another one in the mail right away. I was still skeptical, but I received the missing BCG on 4/29, which was 6 days after I called.

They did screw up my order, but they made everything right fairly quickly. I was worried based on other people's experiences. Getting through on the phone was not a problem in my case. Some may not be satisfied, but given the current market conditions, the service and ship times seemed acceptable to me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast