Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Thumbs down Dunklebergers - Stroudsburg

I was in there thinking of getting a cheap 10/22 there instead of at wallmart. Ask for the paperwork, in addition to the normal long arm purchase form they hand me some BS state police form that is pretty similar to the pistol purchase form.

The non-registry pistol registry is bad enough but if they want to send unnecessary information for the hell of it to a database they shouldn't be supported.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Dunklebergers - Stroudsburg

Could this have something to do with the settlement with Bloomburg?

Thumbs down Re: Dunklebergers - Stroudsburg

I don't buy guns there anymore.

I have bought several guns there. The last one was a gift. It was a Kimber Custom II. After about 300 rounds the rear site came off. So, i took it back to Dunkelbergers and I Happened to see Jerry the owner. I explained what the problem was and asked if I was suppoesd to return it Kimber. he told me he would take care of it. Two days later I returned to pick it up. The guy came out with my pistol and said that it would be $30.00 for the repair.

SCREW THAT PLACE.

I will never buy a gun from them again.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by gf45acp View Post
    Could this have something to do with the settlement with Bloomburg?
    Someone who's in the know told me yesterday that's exactly what it is. They forward the information on who bought the guns to NYC and allow private investigators from NYC to video tape gun sales. Fuck them.

I am looking into my options about suing them. I bought an XD9SC thats my every day carry this summer and I am PISSED that they are sending my personal information around to everyone. If nothing else it's a violation of Payment Card Industry Standards and they can loose ability to process credit card transactions over it. Lucky for them I am certified to conduct PCI audits.

(Monroe County)

I still to this day can not figure out WHY he settled with the likes of Bloomberg. Every dealer that has fought that case has won and only 4 or 5 settled it without a court date. Every time that case went before a judge it was thrown out. It was total BS and I would have loved to see bloomberg or his investigaters brought up on charges for it. The way they did it it was a blatent straw purchase and the parties involved should have been charged.

As for the settlement? only the customers can decide if they want to deal with what he agreed to do.

I would closed down before I would agree to allow my customers to video taped while purchaseing firearms.

Rich W.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Warners Surplus View Post
    I would have loved to see bloomberg or his investigaters brought up on charges for it. The way they did it it was a blatent straw purchase and the parties involved should have been charged.

Rich W.
    I agree with bloomberg about having the current gun laws enforced. He along with the private investigators should be in jail, charged with a straw purchase and violation of interstate commerce laws.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by netw0rkpenguin View Post
    I agree with bloomberg about having the current gun laws enforced. He along with the private investigators should be in jail, charged with a straw purchase and violation of interstate commerce laws.

I'm not sure how the interstate commerce law would work. He used PI's from PA. to do the deed. If a apaertrail could be produced showing Bloomberg footed ALL the bills then it would definately prove interesting.

The way the crew operated they definately gave the appearance that the guy was buying the gun but at the last minute he asked the woman to come over and do the paperwork. YES they tried to get us too but it didn't work.

Rich W.

(Cambria County)

I wouldn't do business with them if they were the last shop on earth, literally.

(Pike County)

No matter how you cut it, Bloomberg and the Pi's entered into a conspiracy to attempt to commit a crime. This is in itself a crime, and should be prosicuted! BTW, I also will not buy at Dunks.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Warners Surplus View Post
    I'm not sure how the interstate commerce law would work. He used PI's from PA. to do the deed. If a apaertrail could be produced showing Bloomberg footed ALL the bills then it would definately prove interesting.

The way the crew operated they definately gave the appearance that the guy was buying the gun but at the last minute he asked the woman to come over and do the paperwork. YES they tried to get us too but it didn't work.

Rich W.
    Interstate commerce violation because he interferes with lawful commerce of another state. Yes a paper trail would be needed. I am not an aatorney or expert on this topic so I may be wrong.

I am how ever an expert on Payment Credit Card industry standards and sharing peoples info is a big no no if he wants to accept credit cards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast