Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB 1243 (Preemption Law Changes) Passes House NOW on to Senate - HELP needed

On Oct 6th HB 1243, just passed its third consideration in the House by a vote of 143-54. There are only a few days left to get this through the Senate and we're going to need YOUR help! CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Where to (or not to) Spend Money > Shops

Notices

Shops Know of a shop with competetive prices? Have a bad experience with someone else? Post here so people can make informed choices.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old March 20th, 2012, 07:06 AM

PANRA has a reputation beyond reputePANRA has a reputation beyond reputePANRA has a reputation beyond reputePANRA has a reputation beyond reputePANRA has a reputation beyond reputePANRA has a reputation beyond reputePANRA has a reputation beyond reputePANRA has a reputation beyond reputePANRA has a reputation beyond reputePANRA has a reputation beyond reputePANRA has a reputation beyond repute
Question Reloading supplies in Harrisburg York areas

Can someone tell me who has the best prices on reloading supplies powder, bullets, primers in the Harrisburg / York areas?

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old March 20th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Grand Member

(Cumberland County)
MT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reloading supplies in Harrisburg York areas

The best prices in the immediate area are at Shyda's on the south side of Lebanon. It's a little farther but worth the trip if you have multiple items to buy.

A lot of small shops don't stock reloading components because it requires a large selection (large inventory = cost). Your best bet is to watch the sale ads. I get my best deals by having Bass Pro and Gander match prices of Cabelas sales.

Another option... check out the gun shows. There are vendors such as TnT Reloading, from Easton, that always have good prices.

AlphBravoBullets.com has the best prices I can find on cast bullets. They are in Hanover. Their prices compare to what I was paying 15 yrs ago.
Old March 20th, 2012, 02:21 PM

(Juniata County)
DeadHead has a reputation beyond reputeDeadHead has a reputation beyond reputeDeadHead has a reputation beyond reputeDeadHead has a reputation beyond reputeDeadHead has a reputation beyond reputeDeadHead has a reputation beyond reputeDeadHead has a reputation beyond reputeDeadHead has a reputation beyond reputeDeadHead has a reputation beyond reputeDeadHead has a reputation beyond reputeDeadHead has a reputation beyond repute

I stopped by Shyda's yesterday (was in the area for work) and the shelves were full of all major brands of powders, primers, and bullets. Their prices were decent and I picked up a few things I needed. Very friendly too.

As far as the "best" place goes, I think its all relative to what I need and where its available. Unless its some major sale, it doesn't take much to beat Bass Pro prices. Gas money and distance adds up quick. Sometimes its cheaper to pay a few dollars more then drive an hour one way. I usually price out my big orders at internet sites and weigh in savings versus shipping costs and hazmat charges. (Even Cabelas has 2 buck shipping (non hazmat items) on orders of 49 buck or more right now.) Buying in bulk is usually cheaper also.

To the OP: what in particular are you looking for? Your question is very vague.
Old March 20th, 2012, 08:12 PM

(York County)
Williedikker is on a distinguished road

Hake's in Wrightsville looks to have a good assortment of reloading supplies at decent prices.
Old March 21st, 2012, 07:27 PM

(York County)
Old .45 will become famous soon enoughOld .45 will become famous soon enough

I agree Willie...I get all of my hazmat (primers & powder) supplies from Hake's. I haven't found anybody that can beat his prices.
Old March 27th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Grand Member

(Cumberland County)
MT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMT1 has a reputation beyond repute

I've never been to Hake's. Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure to visit soon.
Old March 27th, 2012, 11:26 AM

(Lancaster County)
nateebobo has a reputation beyond reputenateebobo has a reputation beyond reputenateebobo has a reputation beyond reputenateebobo has a reputation beyond reputenateebobo has a reputation beyond reputenateebobo has a reputation beyond reputenateebobo has a reputation beyond reputenateebobo has a reputation beyond reputenateebobo has a reputation beyond reputenateebobo has a reputation beyond reputenateebobo has a reputation beyond repute

te guys at hakes are really nice people too, i kinda forgot they were over there havent been in about a year maybe ill swing by today. thanks for reminding me too.