Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Thumbs down GundealerOnline.com

Just thought I would share my experience with a local dealer here in central PA, Gundealeronline.com LLC. Looking for accessories I normally couldn’t find at my other local dealers, I did a quick Google search on my phone for local gun shops. That’s when I discovered gundealeronline.com. I ended up stopping in on black Friday 2010 and was really impressed with their selection of firearms and accessories, anything from Magpul polymer all the way up to Knights Armament. Even though their prices were either marked up or at retail, I bought a few items and was happy to finally happy to find a place that actually stocked firearms and accessories I would be interested in buying in the future.

Back in December, Smartgunner.com had some incredible deals on Daniel Defense so I decided to have a complete lower shipped over to gundealeronline.com. After waiting about 6 weeks for my order notification, I decided to call Tommy at Smartgunner and ask when my parts would ship. He told me there was a major backlog at Daniel Defense and that it would be a while before anything would ship out. At the same time he offered me a good deal on a DDM4 V5 so I agreed and had it shipped over to GDO. That week I spoke on the phone to a disgruntled employee there informing me that my rifle had arrived but they normally don’t do transfers on guns they may have in stock (cue ball head with tattoos) and that he should just send it back to the dealer. After explaining my situation, he apathetically told me it would be there and I could pick it up. The day I went over there to do the transfer I spoke with John Radzik (owner) and again explained what happened, he was basically very cordial and told me that it was ok and that the reason being was they try to earn the publics business on items they can get in stock and I agreed with him, and again bought a thing or two that I needed along with the transfer. Before I left, I asked him if I were to find a DD lower would be ok to have the transfer done there and he said it would be ok.

I called over there last week and asked Ken what lowers they had in stock and if he could get any DD lowers, but once again, they were unavailable. So I decided to get one shipped over from Tommy at SmartGunner and it arrived Thursday afternoon via UPS. I headed over Friday afternoon to pick it up and met with that same employee I spoke with on the phone a month before, and again, he was upset. This time because I didn’t call ahead to tell them it would be arriving. His excuse was, “we are really busy and need to know what’s coming in” and “we went through this before” along with a real shitty attitude. Before this he tried to say that the UPS delivery hadn’t arrived yet but I’m pretty sure he knew what showed up the day before, I think he tried to fool me into thinking it wasn’t there, I guess he never heard of ups quantum view? So after informing him I knew it was there and rolling his eyes, he went back to get my package and told me the transfer would be $50. I thought to myself “what the hell”? I said “now your charging me double”? He said “yep”. Then I said “If I knew that, I would have had it shipped to my other dealer” His reply was “And I wouldn’t have had a problem with that, we don’t have to do transfers”. Seeing as though John Radzik (owner) was there, I felt that he should’ve intervened and made things right, but he didn’t.

Without further a due, I decided to just get it over with and get the deal done. Needless to say I didn’t purchase the stock, grip, FZ bolt carrier group, sling, flash hider, magazines, and rail covers I wanted to complete my build, even with the tax return burning a hole in my pocket. I surely wasn’t going to spend my hard earned cash in a place that can’t provide a customer oriented business, and have to deal with some dim-wit wanna be tough guy to get what I want. There are too many online dealers that are more pleasant to deal with and offer products under retail prices. I hope screwing me out of an additional $25 was worth it to them because that’s the last time I’ll ever set foot inside their establishment.
    Last edited by armedcitizen; March 14th, 2011 at 12:22 AM.

(York County)

Default Re: GundealerOnline.com

I had a different experience when I did a transfer there on Friday, the staff seemed nice, patient, and even friendly. No part of my exchange could be found in the store, I did find their prices to be a bit high. I thought the $25 transfer was fair, and discussed shipping parts to the store.

(Bucks County)

Without further a due, I decided to just get it over with and get the deal done. Needless to say I didn’t purchase the stock, grip, FZ bolt carrier group, sling, flash hider, magazines, and rail covers I wanted to complete my build, even with the tax return burning a hole in my pocket. I surely wasn’t going to spend my hard earned cash in a place that can’t provide a customer oriented business, and have to deal with some dim-wit wanna be tough guy to get what I want. There are too many online dealers that are more pleasant to deal with and offer products under retail prices. I hope screwing me out of an additional $25 was worth it to them because that’s the last time I’ll ever set foot inside their establishment.[/QUOTE]

i would have picked up all those accessories, brought them to the counter, let cue ball ring everything up and then tell him i was going to buy these items but changed my mind because you ripped me off 25 bucks on the receiver transfer. i would have them walked out

(York County)

Although that would of been funny, I'll get more satisfaction knowing that they won't be getting anymore of my cash. I figured that I would have spent over $650 plus tax in accessories there, but found those same items online for over $100 cheaper and I dont have to burn any gas to get them. So, ripping my off for an extra $25 cost them a bunch of money in just that one visit, not to mention any future purchases on firearms. From now on I'll continue to deal with John over at Stony Brook Shooting supplies for any firearms and transfers.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by hare12y View Post
    I had a different experience when I did a transfer there on Friday, the staff seemed nice, patient, and even friendly. No part of my exchange could be found in the store, I did find their prices to be a bit high. I thought the $25 transfer was fair, and discussed shipping parts to the store.
    I've delt with Ken a few times and he seems like a good guy, he even let me handle his custom AR10 build which he did a great job on. But seeing as though the owner just looked away while his crony robbed me, shows that he could've cared less about how I was being treated. Making customers feel appreciated creates good feeling and trust, people value sincerety. A company's most vital asset is it's customers. When you satisfy customers, they not only continue to do business with you, but recommend you to friends and associates. I can't say I'll be recommending them to anyone in the near future.

(Lancaster County)

these cock gobblers took an order for a custom horizontal kydex mag holder, with "gen 3 g19 HORIZONTAL" written large the whole way across the bottom of the page. a week maybe 2 was the wait i was told, 7 weeks later i get a call saying its ready! swing by on the way to pick the kid up on my way home from work(in a hurry), tell them what im there for, they dig it out. no clips in bag. i ordered 1.5", they aint got any but they have 1.25", i say to hell with it give em here ill reform them later. out the door i go. pick up son, get home and pull this thing out to try it on and look it over. i pull the clips out and go to install and my blood pressure rose to astronomical levels in about .593 seconds. the douchebag making these things apparently cant read, cause in my hands was a mag holder i waited 7 weeks for was the same VERTICAL one they had in stock when i ordered the damn thing! i called and basically got "you shoulda checked it before you left, its custom order and yours now"(even though they stock the pieces of shit?). so i modified the wrong clips and made it work horizontally. now i put it on to see how its gonna work. remember the illiterate maker? my mags are tighter than shit, like twist my pants around me till i use 2 hands to get it out tight. get mag out and look over this turd again and its molded for gen4 ambi mags(they dont all have notches on both sides, dude). so heat gun back out to get dimple out of it after i already had to use on the clips to rework them. so in the end i guess when they say custom orders, they mean "we'll charge you extra cause its not in stock then you can take it home after waiting 4 times longer than we told you and customize it yourself". never get another cent outta me and i try my damndest to steer everyone i know another direction if i find out their heading over there. bunch of fucking idiots! oh and by the way charging bulletproof prices for "value line" wilson fcg parts is uncalled for.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by nateebobo View Post
    these cock gobblers took an order for a custom horizontal kydex mag holder, with "gen 3 g19 HORIZONTAL" written large the whole way across the bottom of the page. a week maybe 2 was the wait i was told, 7 weeks later i get a call saying its ready! swing by on the way to pick the kid up on my way home from work(in a hurry), tell them what im there for, they dig it out. no clips in bag. i ordered 1.5", they aint got any but they have 1.25", i say to hell with it give em here ill reform them later. out the door i go. pick up son, get home and pull this thing out to try it on and look it over. i pull the clips out and go to install and my blood pressure rose to astronomical levels in about .593 seconds. the douchebag making these things apparently cant read, cause in my hands was a mag holder i waited 7 weeks for was the same VERTICAL one they had in stock when i ordered the damn thing! i called and basically got "you shoulda checked it before you left, its custom order and yours now"(even though they stock the pieces of shit?). so i modified the wrong clips and made it work horizontally. now i put it on to see how its gonna work. remember the illiterate maker? my mags are tighter than shit, like twist my pants around me till i use 2 hands to get it out tight. get mag out and look over this turd again and its molded for gen4 ambi mags(they dont all have notches on both sides, dude). so heat gun back out to get dimple out of it after i already had to use on the clips to rework them. so in the end i guess when they say custom orders, they mean "we'll charge you extra cause its not in stock then you can take it home after waiting 4 times longer than we told you and customize it yourself". never get another cent outta me and i try my damndest to steer everyone i know another direction if i find out their heading over there. bunch of fucking idiots! oh and by the way charging bulletproof prices for "value line" wilson fcg parts is uncalled for.
    It doesnt surprise me that they refused to exchange the holster or accommodate you in a way that would satisfy your needs. After the shit they pulled with me and a few other people, I'm surprised that they're still in business. In the future, if your looking to get anything made out of kydex, I highly recommend Chris Moon over at Vigilance Tactical. He's located in Manheim and makes excellent pistol and magazine holsters for much less than the other guys. He also stocks a nice supply of different colors to choose from. And if for any reason your not satisfied, he wouldn't stick you with it. But trust me you will be.

Thanks for the heads up. They don't do transfers and when they do, they treat customers like crap? Yet they want other guns shops to do transfers for customers that buy products off their site?

(York County)

Yeah, when the store first went in everyone seemed great. As time goes on I have been back a few times and been less than impressed each time. The bald guy with the tattoos is a joke and the owner doesn't know the law when it comes to some pretty important things.

YB
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Lancaster County)

I have had similar bad experiences with GunDealerOnline. Not sure what their deal is. One of the times I was in there a fellow pafoaer walked in with a new bullpup build he had just finished, and apparently one of the employees was either jealous or an idiot and told the guy it was illegal and you couldnt have that gun unless he wants to get locked up for 10 years. After I tried to explain why the gun was legal the employee just shouted FINE DO WHATEVER YOU WANT! and then sat there all grumpy in the corner of the shop. Before that even happened they refused to help my Dad look at the pretty pathetic inventory of handguns.

This place sucks to say the least. Stay away if you value anything close to a shred of customer satisfaction, seriously.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast