Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Action alert on HB2011 regarding Pre-Emption

Rep Mike Turzai has committed to move HB 2011. This bill strengthens pre-emption by providing for standing and compensation of expenses in the event a local law needs to be challenged that conflicts with State gun laws. Corbett said he will sign if it is put on his desk in the remaining 11 days left to the legislative session.

For more information and updates on these efforts, and to get involved, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Regions > Pocono Mountain Region > Schuylkill

Notices

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old May 22nd, 2011, 09:18 AM

(Schuylkill County)
mikal90 has a reputation beyond reputemikal90 has a reputation beyond reputemikal90 has a reputation beyond reputemikal90 has a reputation beyond reputemikal90 has a reputation beyond reputemikal90 has a reputation beyond reputemikal90 has a reputation beyond reputemikal90 has a reputation beyond reputemikal90 has a reputation beyond reputemikal90 has a reputation beyond reputemikal90 has a reputation beyond repute
Default local gunsmith

Who do you guys use for minor gunsmithing in southern Schuylkill co. I live in Port Clinton. I am looking for a new gun smith because Harry Shiffer in Hamburg retired and I dont care for Shakeys in Orwigsburg. Shakeys did good work for me but I had issues with an employee. Any help would be greatly app.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old May 29th, 2011, 07:20 AM

(Schuylkill County)
nighthunter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: local gunsmith

I went out by Red Lion to get my gun looked at and the guy seems pretty good with guns, He had to send mine to a gun smith that is from Bethel ,Dont know much about them, so i will let you know of my expereince. Stoney Gun and Archrey ,between Friedensburg and Pine Grove

Last edited by nighthunter; June 1st, 2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old June 10th, 2011, 11:48 PM

(Schuylkill County)
Konsukah_19 has a reputation beyond reputeKonsukah_19 has a reputation beyond reputeKonsukah_19 has a reputation beyond reputeKonsukah_19 has a reputation beyond reputeKonsukah_19 has a reputation beyond reputeKonsukah_19 has a reputation beyond reputeKonsukah_19 has a reputation beyond reputeKonsukah_19 has a reputation beyond reputeKonsukah_19 has a reputation beyond reputeKonsukah_19 has a reputation beyond reputeKonsukah_19 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Konsukah_19

There is a man that owns a shop in Tamaqua called the rifler.

What type of work are you looking to have done?

Happiness is 5,000 rounds of match ammo.
Old June 14th, 2011, 12:28 PM

(Schuylkill County)
mikal90 has a reputation beyond reputemikal90 has a reputation beyond reputemikal90 has a reputation beyond reputemikal90 has a reputation beyond reputemikal90 has a reputation beyond reputemikal90 has a reputation beyond reputemikal90 has a reputation beyond reputemikal90 has a reputation beyond reputemikal90 has a reputation beyond reputemikal90 has a reputation beyond reputemikal90 has a reputation beyond repute

Looking for a guy for glass bedding, trigger jobs and reblueing work. mostly on bolt action rifles. I might want a mossburg 500 parkerized also. Thanks all
Old July 2nd, 2011, 07:49 PM

(Schuylkill County)
HECTOR THE DOG has a reputation beyond reputeHECTOR THE DOG has a reputation beyond reputeHECTOR THE DOG has a reputation beyond reputeHECTOR THE DOG has a reputation beyond reputeHECTOR THE DOG has a reputation beyond reputeHECTOR THE DOG has a reputation beyond reputeHECTOR THE DOG has a reputation beyond reputeHECTOR THE DOG has a reputation beyond reputeHECTOR THE DOG has a reputation beyond reputeHECTOR THE DOG has a reputation beyond reputeHECTOR THE DOG has a reputation beyond repute

THERE IS A GOOD GUY IN NEW PHILADELPHIA, FOR DURA COAT AND PARK JOBS.
Troy Dando
www.customgunfinishes.com
Certified DuraCoat Finisher
280 Wood St.
Cumbola, PA 17930
570-277-6420
Email: troy1s1k@comcast.net

GUNSMITHING GO TO ON TARGET IN FRACKVILLE PA.

http://www.ontargetgunshoponline.com/store/
Old July 7th, 2011, 02:49 PM

(Schuylkill County)

Thanks for all the help.
Old October 26th, 2011, 08:36 PM

(Delaware County)
swampcat874 is on a distinguished road

Harry Shiffer in Hamburg still open Currently working on a pistol that I own.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:03 AM

(Lebanon County)
hotrodcummins12v is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to hotrodcummins12v

Anyone reading this looking for 1911 work try Randy from "The Handgunner" in Topton PA he is the area's best 1911 guy. He does work for professional shooters and I have read reviews stating that people as far away as Pittsburgh travel to his shop for work. I have a basic Springfield GI that I wanted worked over. I had him fit a match Wilson Combat barrel and bushing, 3.5 lb trigger and Novak rear adjustable sight with a fiber optic front sight. He has his own range and shoots the gun thoroughly to test for flaws. I'm am very pleased with the work he did and I can now group .5" at 15 yards with magtec ammo. He does have a lengthy waiting list though but I feel it was worth the wait. I would recommended him to anyone within a 2 hour drive who is looking for 1911 work to look him up. (215) 682-6714. Make a day trip out of it and stop at Cabelas to make it all worth while.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:56 PM

(Schuylkill County)
pfridirici has a spectacular aura aboutpfridirici has a spectacular aura about

Dean Edwards Summit Station
Old September 6th, 2012, 11:39 AM
PAFOA Bronze Supporter
PAFOA Gold Supporter

(York County)
S&WOwner has a reputation beyond reputeS&WOwner has a reputation beyond reputeS&WOwner has a reputation beyond reputeS&WOwner has a reputation beyond reputeS&WOwner has a reputation beyond reputeS&WOwner has a reputation beyond reputeS&WOwner has a reputation beyond reputeS&WOwner has a reputation beyond reputeS&WOwner has a reputation beyond reputeS&WOwner has a reputation beyond reputeS&WOwner has a reputation beyond repute

I was looking into a local Gunsmith and Custom Gun Finishes pop'd up in my search here. I jumped over to their site and dropped them an e-mail about doing a little work on my S&W. BINGO - I actually got a reply! I can't tell you how many LGS that have Gunsmith services have an e-mail listed and never ever reply to any e-mail. Anyway, they said they would be happy to fix my S&W - so I setup an appointment, etc. completely through e-mail - no phone calls. I just got back - Troy gave me a tour of his place, answered all my questions and showed me everything he was doing - simply outstanding! You can't believe the work he is doing with DuraCoat. Anyway, he is highly recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HECTOR THE DOG View Post
THERE IS A GOOD GUY IN NEW PHILADELPHIA, FOR DURA COAT AND PARK JOBS.
Troy Dando
www.customgunfinishes.com
Certified DuraCoat Finisher
280 Wood St.
Cumbola, PA 17930
570-277-6420
Email: troy1s1k@comcast.net

GUNSMITHING GO TO ON TARGET IN FRACKVILLE PA.

http://www.ontargetgunshoponline.com/store/