Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FN p90

(Northampton County)

Default Re: FN p90

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    The best price I've seen recently for PMC is $6.99, and it's been sold out for over a week already: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...J55&groupid=21

Technically, the standard 5.7 is loaded with VMAX bullet. The cheapest VMAX .223 is $8.99/box.

In practical terms, you are constrained by the lack of 3rd party manufacturers for the 5.7. Personally, I shoot Wolf .223 out of all my ARs at $4.90/box of 20. I think overall, the price differences are negligible in apples to apples comparison. You definitely won't be able to find super cheap 5.7, but it's not "expensive" per se.

Al
    I keep a lot of .223/5.56 in stock. I have other ammo, such as match and HPBT, but most of it is FMJ. Because that is what I go through the most. Since I have a lot of ammo, I replace it when prices are good. You can find PMC or even LC for .30 to .305 a round at Midsouth Shooters Supply and also Palmetto State Armory. As well as other places. I'm not saying you can find it at that price today, but if you watch and wait you can every month or two. Which is what I have to do, since I go through it like water.

You won't find 5.7 at those prices ever. Although, I will concede you can find it at prices that are close.

Comparing VMAX prices, I don't know, that's not one of the rounds I shoot. If you think 5.7 VMAX is better than .223 VMAX, and you can find it cheaper, then it sounds like a deal. Not sure how it would be better.

The bottom line is 5.7 is more expensive than .223. They may be close in price in some cases, but .223 is a hell of a lot more than 5.7. 5.7 should be cheaper. I like 5.7. I want an AR57. I just can't afford to spend more for less. Like I said, if it was only a little bit cheaper I would want AR57 to shoot the far less capable round at a cheaper price. Just can't justify it at current prices.

(Lehigh County)

ps90 is an absoloute puppy dog, the felt recoil is unbelievable making it for an awsome spray and pray type weapon, The one I shot was very accurate at 100 yards.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    That's pretty cool. How does that work? I haven't heard of that before. I wish there were a .22LR kit for the PS90...so you can really "go Rambo" cheaply.
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...plica-cheaply/

and mine: http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/777...m-10-22-a.html

(Philadelphia County)

(Allegheny County)

See also;

http://customrifles.info/forum/YaBB.pl?board=customdisc

I snagged a Remmy 597 to do one of these airsoft conversions because the 597 has easily removable sights AND 30rd hi-caps.

Was leaning towards a G36K or a STG44/MP44 as the mag is in front of the trigger...
    and I just don't have the know-how to work out the bull-pup trigger in an airsoft P90, AUG, FAMAS, L85 conversion.

Anyway back to topic; the P90 would be cool as hell if it were in .22LR, 9mm, or .223/5.56 - calibers to be found in abundance at somewhat reasonable prices.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12