Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: FN SCAR REVIEW AND RANGE REPORT!

Nice rifle man, haven't had a chance to see one up close yet but I'm jealous! Definitely made a good choice in going with the proven FN Scar over the new Magpul/Bushmaster/Remington Masada/ACR. Any plans getting a stamp and lopping some of that barrel off?

What was your MOS?

(Berks County)

Do NOT get a stamp and lop off ANY of that barrel. The chrome lining will chip in this barrel if you don't know what you're doing. That is per several threads on www.ak47.net on the FN forums under Armory.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ••SpraynPray•• View Post
    Doesnt the SCAR take AR mags? or am I wishfull?

Apparently Pmags will not reliably drop free from all SCARs so you may need to use Magpul's EMags, which cost a bit more..
    Last edited by Willie D; April 16th, 2010 at 11:18 PM.

congrats! one day I will have one, but I want it in 308 because I dont have anything in that caliber. I like to mix it up between the AR, AK, and future SCAR

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ••SpraynPray•• View Post
    Doesnt the SCAR take AR mags? or am I wishfull?
    update on this too. i purchased C-Mag from Aimsurplus for $7.95 each and they worked flawlessly. they drop free just like the FN mag, no feeding problem at all. well worth the money!!!!

i also got about 5 Magpul mag from aimsurplus for $14.95. the magpul also worked flawlessly. so basically any STANAG NATO treaty agreement AR/M16 mag should work, but some will just fit better i guess. i lucked out cause so far both types of mags that i purchased worked great i gave them both 5 STARS.

Quote Originally Posted by seoulstice View Post
    What was your MOS?

Used to be 98Golf, but its 31 Mike or Oscar now. i am not sure cause i left active duty late 2007 and they changed the MOS in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    Do NOT get a stamp and lop off ANY of that barrel. The chrome lining will chip in this barrel if you don't know what you're doing. That is per several threads on www.ak47.net on the FN forums under Armory.
    trust me i won't dare touch my BABY! :-)
    Last edited by Mauler88; April 16th, 2010 at 11:58 AM.
    Is not safe. Is gun

(Cambria County)

Good review! I'm holding out for the SCAR-17s. I was going to pick up a HK-91 to replace the one I sold but I'll just set aside a couple hundred more and get the SCAR instead. It's going to be a pricey affair as I plan on dropping a Elcan Specter DR 1.5x/6x optic with 7.62mm reticle on it ($2300ish alone) but it will be my go to rifle. I just hope that when it comes out Magpul makes mags for it quickly. I'm not paying $80/each for FN SCAR-17 mags.

CMS

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by cms81586 View Post
    Good review! I'm holding out for the SCAR-17s. I was going to pick up a HK-91 to replace the one I sold but I'll just set aside a couple hundred more and get the SCAR instead. It's going to be a pricey affair as I plan on dropping a Elcan Specter DR 1.5x/6x optic with 7.62mm reticle on it ($2300ish alone) but it will be my go to rifle. I just hope that when it comes out Magpul makes mags for it quickly. I'm not paying $80/each for FN SCAR-17 mags.

CMS
    When will the scar17 come out? i am pretty sure there will be tons of choices for SCAR-17 mag. post your rifle once you do get it!!!!! :-)
    Is not safe. Is gun

Quote Originally Posted by Jabtime View Post
    Thanks for the review. The only problem I have with the SCAR is that it doesn't have all the accesories the AK47 and the AR15 have. Plus it's a bit pricey.

And hey, who doesn't appreciate a beautiful looking gun? I wouldn't call this the best looking gun i've ever seen..
    LMAO No I have to say the uglyist gun I've ever seen (NO OFFENSE) To each his own! That's a high dollar rifle to have an imitation ACOG on?
    Last edited by Ronnies111; April 27th, 2010 at 04:56 PM.
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)

(Allegheny County)

Im curious now that the Bushmaster ACR is out. At least available at my local gun shop. The price range is the same for the ACR and SCAR. I know the ACR has the ability to be multi caliber very quickly. Which is a bonus. I see that being more worth the money than the SCAR.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Solscud007 View Post
    Im curious now that the Bushmaster ACR is out. At least available at my local gun shop. The price range is the same for the ACR and SCAR. I know the ACR has the ability to be multi caliber very quickly. Which is a bonus. I see that being more worth the money than the SCAR.
    ACR came out with two version enhance and basic.

basic version ACR i think goes about $2400, but you are not getting the same buttstock as the enhance version and the QUAD rails.

It all depends on personal preference and the cost of the caliber changing package, but i always go with what the U.S military go with.
    Is not safe. Is gun

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234