Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: WASR vs. other cheap AK's

Quote Originally Posted by Ja86son View Post
    Thanks to all for the help to all. and the infor about I.O. was especially helpful since im really sure thats the name of it rather than ohio ordinance. I have pretty much made up my mind on the WASR. im gonna go try to get the one that i looked at over the weekend. As for the furniture, it doesnt bother me, i just wanna put a stain on it(maybe a cherry of some sort)
    I ordered a WASR on-line for $385 and had it shipped to my neighborhood FFL before I heard all the bad things about them. I'm overseas at the moment, and have not had the chance to even inspect it for canted sight tower, etc., so I'm kinda crapping my pants a little bit, wondering if I got crap, or a good piece. If you like what you see, buy it, enjoy it, and don't look back.

I highly recommend 2 items from MidwayUSA or Brownells for your new gun: 1) Krebs Custom aperture rear sight (1,000m graduation), and 2) AK-74 style muzzle break. While on a training mission in AF, I got plenty of experience with the 10.5" bbl AMD-65 with the wire side-folding stock; the aperture sight helped me acquire a good sight picture much more quickly than the standard rear sight, and the muzzle break greatly enhanced quick follow-up shots by reducing muzzle climb and recoil, AND, it actually improved my group at 25m (3 holes touching)!

(Allegheny County)

They use AMDs - and Romys with the distinctive Romy donkey schlong. And I've seen footage where folks are carrying RPGs, RPKs, ARs.

Gotta be a logistics nightmare. Maybe that's the plan? If I was a troopie there I would NOT trust one of them behind me with a gun - of any kind.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Hokkmike Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ja86son View Post
    Thanks to all for the help to all. and the infor about I.O. was especially helpful since im really sure thats the name of it rather than ohio ordinance. I have pretty much made up my mind on the WASR. im gonna go try to get the one that i looked at over the weekend. As for the furniture, it doesnt bother me, i just wanna put a stain on it(maybe a cherry of some sort)
    Minwax makes a red oak that will match your stocks perfectly to the bayonet handle. Easy to apply as well.

(Has the appearance of a good Russian red)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234