Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Default Re: Centurion 39 Sporter Rifle (100% American Made)

Quote Originally Posted by SlimShady View Post
    I've followed your posts on here and you're second only to one other in terms of rudeness, arrogance and general bad disposition so if it's all the same to you I'd just as soon this be our first, last and only communication.
    'Hey I resemble that remark'

Last edited by 7998; March 31st, 2010 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilaShooter View Post
    From MY experiences this couldn't be more untrue (MY EXPERIENCES) I just purchased a Century FAL, R1A1 to be exact and it's FLAWLESS. Paint job top notch, barrel looks brand new, as should be, and the same with ALL the parts as well, best FAL buy IMO i could have got...especially for the money, $750 with 4 mags and free shipping oh and a cleaning kit, old but works just fine. My buddy also owns a Century FAL, L1A1, for the last 10 years without a single problem this far. As far as there AK's go my buddy owns 3 currently, none with problems...well problems he created on his own lmAo, he customizes them and everything but they were in great shape upon buying them and in full working order. I also currently own one and everything is BEAUTIFUL on it and in great working condition.

As for canted sights...i have heard of EVERY AK maker having that problem at one time or another, except maybe Arsenal and i prolly just didn't hear it but i'm sure it's happened to them as well. Lancaster, IO, Century, ect..ect... it's a KNOWN fact every once and a while a lemon slips thru, what is MORE important is how that company handles these "lemons" and from the best of my knowledge and experience Century handles them top notch.
    This pretty much echos my experiences with CAI as well. I now have a total of 9 AK rifles, not a single issue among them. This includes 2 of the 1960 Polish Milled receiver models. You are correct about the whole canted sights issue. Most of this would be eliminated if people would simply look at them before they buy. If you want to take that gamble and purchase sight unseen, at least do it with an outfit that offers a 30 exchange period. J&G Sales out of Prescott, Arizona is one such dealer of CAI firearms that has this.

There is absolutely zero excuse for anyone walking out of any gun shop with any AK-47 rifle, CAI or other, with canted sights, poor finish, or anything else that is obviously visibly wrong with the weapon at the time of sale. If there is an internal operating issue, that will be covered by a dealer exchange, or made right by CAI, which as you pointed out, has excellent customer service.

I like many, have handled weapons from CAI that have in fact had canted sights. I simply asked to see another one. Most of the time at J&G Sales they will usually bring out several to choose from. They also try every magazine in every rifle to make sure it fits properly. Classic Arms is also a dealer that will all but bend over backwards to keep a customer satisfied who buys from them. If you buy from reputable dealers, and examine every gun you purchase carefully before you buy it, 90% of this kind of stuff can be eliminated. These people know a satisfied customer returns. Others sit on the curb and badmouth. Bill T.

(Philadelphia County)

Hey Bill here's one for you, if you have any experience with CAI FAL's, I just got one, the R1A1, my buddy was over and we disassembled the rifle to inspect everything (he's the one who has had one for 10yrs.) so I know he's pretty farmiliar with them. Everything was extremly nice and new as stated but....upon putting the rifle back togather we noticed the stock is canted to the left.....in the process right now as I type of taking the stock off to check the buffer tube and spring. He said the buffer tube could be bent. He also has a stock and buffer tube and all that to lend me if I need to send it back to CAI for replacement which I have no problem doing as no one around my area has carried a CAI FAL in over 6 months...or if they did they never called me back, either way the stock won't affect my shooting and I can borrow my buddies so just wanted to see if you had any thoughts, or anyone else, thanks.

Hey SlimShady, sorry I said G3 earlier....I meant your CAI CETME, I was thinking of getting one I know you said you had good ones but the others had problems, you think I should attempt to grab one for $500 ?? I don't know much about them except from research online (never handled one) so is the recoil like a FAL ? Any info would be much appreciated, thanks.
    When ALL else fails...the AK won't !! Emotions...??? emotions are for people who CARE !!!

(Wayne County)

HOLY CRAP!?!?!?

I'm afraid I can't offer any suggestions. An FAL is on my "need to get list". I also handled a PTR 91 and like it, but for the price the CETME is damn tempting. Bill T.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by SkullBone View Post
    HOLY CRAP!?!?!?
    What's up ? You know anything about this....??

Bill they have the Century FAL R1A1 and the L1A1 at CenterFireSystems for $750, only diffrence is the R1 had free shipping and the L1 did not. I personally went with the metric just b/c mags seem more available and it also came with 4 mags...1 which I will be sending back lol, they sent 1 inch mag by mistake. I will post some pics later tonight for anyone interested.

As for the CETME i think i may grab one myself, I know CenterFire has them and I believe J&G does also, btw J&G is an AWESOME place, i have ordered from them quite a few times, good delivery times and customer service and a very nice selection. Have you checked out the collapsing stock for the CETME's ? I believe they are technically called G3 stocks but will work with the CETME also, VERY VERY sweet looking IMO.
    When ALL else fails...the AK won't !! Emotions...??? emotions are for people who CARE !!!

(Northampton County)

Philashooter..........all of my CETME's ran okay but I bought them from private individuals. All were older models with the wood stock and forearm. The ones my friends had were all "Black Widow" models with the polymer stocks and forearms and none of them worked. All of those were purchased new through dealers.

I would save an extra $350 - $400 and pick up a PTR-91 if I could, CETME's are too hit or miss. If you do decide on a CETME, check the bolt and bolt head and ensure that they haven't been ground down to get it within spec for headspace. That is a common CAI fix for out of spec rifles. The correct fix is to replace the bolt head or use plus size rollers to get it back in spec.

The bottom line is that you can find a decent CAI rifle if you're willing to take the time and look at several, or you can buy a quality rifle from a quality manufacturer and vastly increase your odds. Some people are willing to give companies a pass on shoddy workmanship and will praise the company on the internet over and over rather than admit that the company has quality issues.
    Last edited by SlimShady; April 1st, 2010 at 09:36 AM.

Just got back from the range with my wife. We lit up 3 GP-1975's, the 2 Polish 1960 models, and 2, Yugo underfolders. All ran without a hitch. Not one FTF or FTE. We burned through about 550 rounds total. The hillside isn't much worse for wear. I'm still waiting for my CAI rifles to go bad???? I guess I'll have to just keep buying ammo, and keep waiting. Bill T.

(Philadelphia County)

SlimShady thanks for the heads up, I will make sure to check that ASAP if I decide to pick one up.

Hey Bill how do you like those underfolders ? I personally like the look a lot, especially with the handguards cut out for them, very nice. I hear a lot of mixed reviews with them not being sturdy and reliable tho, ever had any problems ? Do they seem nice and sturdy when shooting and against your shoulder ?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilaShooter View Post
    SlimShady thanks for the heads up, I will make sure to check that ASAP if I decide to pick one up.

Hey Bill how do you like those underfolders ? I personally like the look a lot, especially with the handguards cut out for them, very nice. I hear a lot of mixed reviews with them not being sturdy and reliable tho, ever had any problems ? Do they seem nice and sturdy when shooting and against your shoulder ?

Couldn't be happier! Same with the 5, 75 round drum magazines I picked up with them. Everyone was nice and tight with straight sights. I'll let the finish speak for themselves. All run like a Rodeo Drive jewelry shop full of Rolex's. As I said in an earlier post, the guy at J&G Sales tried every magazine in every gun to make sure of a good fit. One was a bit tight so he immediately went to the back and brought out another. They were charging $20.00 more per gun for the wood furniture. But when I got there all they had were wood stocked guns, so I got both for the same price as synthetic. I basically saved $40.00 on both guns.

They also had a deal on ammo going on when I was there, (last December). You got 500 rounds of ammo, (Brown Bear or Golden Tiger), for $99.00 with each gun. So I ended up getting 1,000 rounds of Golden Tiger 7.62 X 39 MM for $198.00. The 75 round drum mags were on sale for $79.95 each if you bought 5 or more. I couldn't resist. They all run like champs!

These are the first underfolders I have owned. I was a bit leery of them feeling "flimsy" when I shouldered them. They actually feel tighter than my fully stocked guns. Like any AK-47 model, the length of pull is a bit short, but the stocks themselves are very nice and tight. The stock will swing under a 30 round mag when it's inserted without contacting anything, and lock up nice and tight. You can't go wrong on these for the price, (around $485.00). If you go for an underfolder definitely get the Yugo over the Romanian. Nothing "wrong" with the Romanian, it's just the Yugo models are fit and finished a bit better, and are heavier. I want to get a couple more with black synthetic stocks as well, just to have. I feel with the present administration the window of opportunity on these guns may be limited. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't want to wait, then end up kicking myself later. Bill T.
    Last edited by billt; April 1st, 2010 at 06:13 PM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast