Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Rifles

Notices

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Closed Thread

Old August 14th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Master Member

(Northampton County)
ungawa has a reputation beyond reputeungawa has a reputation beyond reputeungawa has a reputation beyond reputeungawa has a reputation beyond reputeungawa has a reputation beyond reputeungawa has a reputation beyond reputeungawa has a reputation beyond reputeungawa has a reputation beyond reputeungawa has a reputation beyond reputeungawa has a reputation beyond reputeungawa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accu Wedge Buffer For AR-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genin View Post
I would never use one for the reason above. I am not comfortable with anything extra being added to my fire group that could jam up my rifle. Mr. Murphy likes to show up at the craziest times.
I'm with you and I am happy I saw this thread. I bought an Accu Wedge some time ago but never used it. Just came across it recently. Don't plan to use it now.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old August 14th, 2012, 01:55 PM

(Lancaster County)
nateebobo has a reputation beyond reputenateebobo has a reputation beyond reputenateebobo has a reputation beyond reputenateebobo has a reputation beyond reputenateebobo has a reputation beyond reputenateebobo has a reputation beyond reputenateebobo has a reputation beyond reputenateebobo has a reputation beyond reputenateebobo has a reputation beyond reputenateebobo has a reputation beyond reputenateebobo has a reputation beyond repute

haha,lol. this thread is almost EXACTLY like the argument i had with my roommate the other day. his first gun ever is the ar he asks where parts go where he is putting togethter right now and came to me the other day with one of these gay things. i told him "youre an idiot" and the argument started with him telling me the benefits and me telling him hes an idiot. mind you the dipshit has no idea how to even assemble the damn thing, ive put together 95% of his build for him and now hes an expert posessing more knowledge than i after buying an accu wedge. i think the damn wedge has a holier than thou additive in the rubber its made of personally.
Old August 14th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Grand Member

(Centre County)
RandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond reputeRandomTask has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigedp51 View Post
Brownells AR-15/AR-10/SR-25 REAR TENSIONING PIN
35 bucks? Screws that! I used to fabricate the same things for aluminum dirtbike handguards that I used to sell, just in a larger size and slightly more complicated.

For the cost of an M4 screw, some scrap metal tube and a drop of blue thread locker I can make my own in about 15 minutes.
Old August 14th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Beaver County)
GrumpyBear has a reputation beyond reputeGrumpyBear has a reputation beyond reputeGrumpyBear has a reputation beyond reputeGrumpyBear has a reputation beyond reputeGrumpyBear has a reputation beyond reputeGrumpyBear has a reputation beyond reputeGrumpyBear has a reputation beyond reputeGrumpyBear has a reputation beyond reputeGrumpyBear has a reputation beyond reputeGrumpyBear has a reputation beyond reputeGrumpyBear has a reputation beyond repute

With where the Accuwedge is installed,I'm curious how it could end up in the fire control group? It is pinched between the rear lug on the upper where the pivot pin goes through and the lower.If properly installed,I think that the only time it could end up in the FCG would be during disassembly of the firearm for cleaning.IMO Again I'm not advocating the use of the device just curious.

And from AR15 there was a thread that showed its use in some Colt AR's.
Old August 14th, 2012, 03:15 PM

(Bucks County)
Sharkey has a reputation beyond reputeSharkey has a reputation beyond reputeSharkey has a reputation beyond reputeSharkey has a reputation beyond reputeSharkey has a reputation beyond reputeSharkey has a reputation beyond reputeSharkey has a reputation beyond reputeSharkey has a reputation beyond reputeSharkey has a reputation beyond reputeSharkey has a reputation beyond reputeSharkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
35 bucks? Screws that! I used to fabricate the same things for aluminum dirtbike handguards that I used to sell, just in a larger size and slightly more complicated.

For the cost of an M4 screw, some scrap metal tube and a drop of blue thread locker I can make my own in about 15 minutes.
I would be willing to try one if you make them ....... Let me know how much $
Old August 14th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Grand Member

(Clarion County)
sprrdhawk44 has a reputation beyond reputesprrdhawk44 has a reputation beyond reputesprrdhawk44 has a reputation beyond reputesprrdhawk44 has a reputation beyond reputesprrdhawk44 has a reputation beyond reputesprrdhawk44 has a reputation beyond reputesprrdhawk44 has a reputation beyond reputesprrdhawk44 has a reputation beyond reputesprrdhawk44 has a reputation beyond reputesprrdhawk44 has a reputation beyond reputesprrdhawk44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
With where the Accuwedge is installed,I'm curious how it could end up in the fire control group? It is pinched between the rear lug on the upper where the pivot pin goes through and the lower.If properly installed,I think that the only time it could end up in the FCG would be during disassembly of the firearm for cleaning.IMO Again I'm not advocating the use of the device just curious.

And from AR15 there was a thread that showed its use in some Colt AR's.
It can break apart. The whole thing doesn't fall down in, just part of it.
Old August 14th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Banned

(Dauphin County)
bigedp51 has a reputation beyond reputebigedp51 has a reputation beyond reputebigedp51 has a reputation beyond reputebigedp51 has a reputation beyond reputebigedp51 has a reputation beyond reputebigedp51 has a reputation beyond reputebigedp51 has a reputation beyond reputebigedp51 has a reputation beyond reputebigedp51 has a reputation beyond reputebigedp51 has a reputation beyond reputebigedp51 has a reputation beyond repute

In the CMP forums it was stated that National Match AR 15 rifles had mated uppers and lowers that had the pin holes reamed to accept larger diameter pins for a much tighter fit between the upper and lower. The uppers and lowers were then glass bedded creating a tight binding fit to prevent any movement.

I can't imagine the armourers doing this to their ARs for the hell of it just to make the shooters feel warm and happy inside.
Old August 14th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Beaver County)
GrumpyBear has a reputation beyond reputeGrumpyBear has a reputation beyond reputeGrumpyBear has a reputation beyond reputeGrumpyBear has a reputation beyond reputeGrumpyBear has a reputation beyond reputeGrumpyBear has a reputation beyond reputeGrumpyBear has a reputation beyond reputeGrumpyBear has a reputation beyond reputeGrumpyBear has a reputation beyond reputeGrumpyBear has a reputation beyond reputeGrumpyBear has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.Personally have not seen them break down,but I imagine after enough exposure to cleaning products and by products from firing the AR,that that could indeed happen.
Old August 14th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Grand Member

(Montgomery County)
RXM has a reputation beyond reputeRXM has a reputation beyond reputeRXM has a reputation beyond reputeRXM has a reputation beyond reputeRXM has a reputation beyond reputeRXM has a reputation beyond reputeRXM has a reputation beyond reputeRXM has a reputation beyond reputeRXM has a reputation beyond reputeRXM has a reputation beyond reputeRXM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
It can break apart. The whole thing doesn't fall down in, just part of it.
How can a one piece rubber unit break apart? Where does it fall down to? It sits on the shelf and is wedged in place by the upper and lower receiver...not to mention the rear takedown pin.
Old August 14th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Allegheny County)
orionz06 has a reputation beyond reputeorionz06 has a reputation beyond reputeorionz06 has a reputation beyond reputeorionz06 has a reputation beyond reputeorionz06 has a reputation beyond reputeorionz06 has a reputation beyond reputeorionz06 has a reputation beyond reputeorionz06 has a reputation beyond reputeorionz06 has a reputation beyond reputeorionz06 has a reputation beyond reputeorionz06 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to orionz06 Send a message via Yahoo to orionz06

Quote:
In the CMP forums it was stated that National Match AR 15 rifles had mated uppers and lowers that had the pin holes reamed to accept larger diameter pins for a much tighter fit between the upper and lower. The uppers and lowers were then glass bedded creating a tight binding fit to prevent any movement.

I shot pretty damned well with a Colt that doesn't have an Accuwedge in it. Having only a few hundred rounds downrange in the CMP/HP courses of fire some are with and some are without an Accuwedge. Mechanically speaking I cannot see any reason whatsoever that would cause it to increase accuracy as the rear pin does not effect the lock up of the bolt (with an in-spec rifle), it does not effect the powder charge, it does not effect the chamber, and the sights and barrel are attached.

Also note that there is a minimum clearance required between the upper and lower for an M-16 and M-4. CMP guns are different creatures but you do need some slop to allow for stuff to fit together.

Quote:
I can't imagine the armourers doing this to their ARs for the hell of it just to make the shooters feel warm and happy inside.
Amazing what you can convince people they think they need.

I would rather spend money on something that improves accuracy, not something that makes me feel better. There is something to be said for things that make you feel better but mechanically speaking they do zero.