Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Rifles

Notices

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old June 18th, 2012, 09:06 PM

(Berks County)
rainman has a reputation beyond reputerainman has a reputation beyond reputerainman has a reputation beyond reputerainman has a reputation beyond reputerainman has a reputation beyond reputerainman has a reputation beyond reputerainman has a reputation beyond reputerainman has a reputation beyond reputerainman has a reputation beyond reputerainman has a reputation beyond reputerainman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stock for Mauser 98K

I'm looking for a stock for a WWII era Mauser 98K. Does anyone make a reproduction of the original stock? I'm not looking for a sporter style. If not, does anyone know where to get an original that's in decent shape? Thanks

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old June 18th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Beaver County)
ViperHummel has a reputation beyond reputeViperHummel has a reputation beyond reputeViperHummel has a reputation beyond reputeViperHummel has a reputation beyond reputeViperHummel has a reputation beyond reputeViperHummel has a reputation beyond reputeViperHummel has a reputation beyond reputeViperHummel has a reputation beyond reputeViperHummel has a reputation beyond reputeViperHummel has a reputation beyond reputeViperHummel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stock for Mauser 98K

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/mobile/default.aspx#C207

I'm on my iPhone right now so forgive me for not lookin too close at the website, but these appear to be very nice reproductions.
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:16 AM

(Dauphin County)
PA1936MN has a reputation beyond reputePA1936MN has a reputation beyond reputePA1936MN has a reputation beyond reputePA1936MN has a reputation beyond reputePA1936MN has a reputation beyond reputePA1936MN has a reputation beyond reputePA1936MN has a reputation beyond reputePA1936MN has a reputation beyond reputePA1936MN has a reputation beyond reputePA1936MN has a reputation beyond reputePA1936MN has a reputation beyond repute

Boyds does, http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/Replac...-98K-s/207.htm

And their quality is great! They might need some slight to moderate in letting, but that is expected. Nothing is perfect.
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:26 PM

(Indiana County)
soccerbum87 has a reputation beyond reputesoccerbum87 has a reputation beyond reputesoccerbum87 has a reputation beyond reputesoccerbum87 has a reputation beyond reputesoccerbum87 has a reputation beyond reputesoccerbum87 has a reputation beyond reputesoccerbum87 has a reputation beyond reputesoccerbum87 has a reputation beyond reputesoccerbum87 has a reputation beyond reputesoccerbum87 has a reputation beyond reputesoccerbum87 has a reputation beyond repute

Boyd's repro stocks are very good, one of my friends just had one put on his 98k that was rebarrelled with original profile newly made 8mm barrel drilled and tapped for original scope and mounts. They do require a bit of fitting though.
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:46 PM

(Delaware County)
stimrob has a reputation beyond reputestimrob has a reputation beyond reputestimrob has a reputation beyond reputestimrob has a reputation beyond reputestimrob has a reputation beyond reputestimrob has a reputation beyond reputestimrob has a reputation beyond reputestimrob has a reputation beyond reputestimrob has a reputation beyond reputestimrob has a reputation beyond reputestimrob has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Stock for Mauser 98K

Been looking around for this myself. I have a '43 ar k98 with a pristine bore but the stock is split from the recoil lug to the tang.

The only thing that has stopped me from buying and doing exactly what you are about to is that I don't know how involved the inletting would be.

If you decide to do this, could you post pictures and an update when you get it finished?
Old June 20th, 2012, 06:22 AM

emdarms is on a distinguished road

rainman, If you are still looking, I have a WW2 K98 stock that I purchased for a restoration of a 1944.
I sold the rifle and am willing to let the stock go for my cost. Has a nice Eagle H
stamp on right side.
Old June 21st, 2012, 03:31 PM
Grand Member

spacemanvic has a reputation beyond reputespacemanvic has a reputation beyond reputespacemanvic has a reputation beyond reputespacemanvic has a reputation beyond reputespacemanvic has a reputation beyond reputespacemanvic has a reputation beyond reputespacemanvic has a reputation beyond reputespacemanvic has a reputation beyond reputespacemanvic has a reputation beyond reputespacemanvic has a reputation beyond reputespacemanvic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spacemanvic

Anybody know where I might find front and rear handguards for a 1915 98a?
Old July 28th, 2012, 05:34 PM

96D has a reputation beyond repute96D has a reputation beyond repute96D has a reputation beyond repute96D has a reputation beyond repute96D has a reputation beyond repute96D has a reputation beyond repute96D has a reputation beyond repute96D has a reputation beyond repute96D has a reputation beyond repute96D has a reputation beyond repute96D has a reputation beyond repute

Sarco in Allentown used to have old surplus stocks when they were in NJ???
Old July 28th, 2012, 08:11 PM

(Bucks County)
pacomdiver has a reputation beyond reputepacomdiver has a reputation beyond reputepacomdiver has a reputation beyond reputepacomdiver has a reputation beyond reputepacomdiver has a reputation beyond reputepacomdiver has a reputation beyond reputepacomdiver has a reputation beyond reputepacomdiver has a reputation beyond reputepacomdiver has a reputation beyond reputepacomdiver has a reputation beyond reputepacomdiver has a reputation beyond repute

sarco is in easton now, not allentown .

they are off the easton 611 exit off rt78 right after the tolls.from NJ direction, take a right off the exit,if your coming from allentown way, take the exit and make a right, then follow the directions below

drive past the convenience store on the right, just past the plant nursery on the left, take that turn. go to the stop sign (abt 100ft), make another left. drive to the road shoots off to the right before the road closed sign. drive about 2/10's of a mile, sarco is on the right across from polytek

as a side note, there were a fair amount of 98 stocks at the last ag hall gunshow. the stone man had 4 or 5 in his corner and i saw a couple on other tables