So today my buddy and I took the Hi Point 9mm carbine out to wicens to do some shooting. Its the first time we fired the gun and I know alot has been asked on the quality and I thought I'd give my point of view from putting 150 rounds through it.

First, the sights on the gun are great. Very similar to that of a peep sight on an M1 garand or even an AR. At the standard setting, the gun shot about 9'' or so to the right, but the elevation was great. I kept adjusting the sights until it shot right on, and then the sighting and shots came pretty consistant.

Next thing I noticed was the trigger. It was a bit stiff and had a crisp pull, but the creep until you got right before where the mechanism engages is definately annoying. It has the ability to throw your shot off.

Next is the magazine for the carbine. It fits flush with the grip, and is a pain to get it to seat all the way. The best way is to lock the bolt to the rear, insert the mag and go. A little adjusting and it worked well. We had no FTF or FTE caused by the mag or the action itself. The ergonomics of the grip and carbine itself arent too bad either, despite what other people say.

And finally, the gun was pretty accurate for a 9mm at 100 yards. It shot about 5'' inches or so as a group, which wasnt as good as my AK, but still respectable. All in all, the Hi point gets a B+, and for the price, you cant beat it. There is one left at Tanners for $275 if anyone wants a cheap fun firearm.