Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Rifles

Notices

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old January 25th, 2012, 05:13 PM

(Allegheny County)
dlk51 has a reputation beyond reputedlk51 has a reputation beyond reputedlk51 has a reputation beyond reputedlk51 has a reputation beyond reputedlk51 has a reputation beyond reputedlk51 has a reputation beyond reputedlk51 has a reputation beyond reputedlk51 has a reputation beyond reputedlk51 has a reputation beyond reputedlk51 has a reputation beyond reputedlk51 has a reputation beyond repute
Default (Updated K98 pic's on page 2)Classic Arms sells 10 RC k98's in under 30 min

I was looking around for a non rc k98 in good shape but it looks like the market has dried up. So I started to look for a good condition RC k98 less money and a better chance of getting a good shooter. In late Dec. Classic arms started to advertise K98's coming soon. A few days ago they posted k98's rc will be on our website on the 25th. Today I was surfing and decided to take a look. They posted 10 k98's at noon pricing from 349-469 in all different years. In there posting they say that their is 150 of them and there going to try and post daily. I jumped and spent the money even though I did not have it and got one for 389. From the pics and description I think I got a great price.Here is a link to the pagehttp://www.classicarms.us/k98

Manufacture Code S/147 Dated 1937

The rifle above is a S/147 manufacture dated 1937. It has a really nice laminated stock with a smooth finish stock and a flat buttplate. As you can see above it pre-dates WWII and does not have War Eagles but does have some nice Wiemer Falcon stampings as well as a couple of small waffenamps.
Blue is 100% and wood is nice. Bore is a NRA very good to excellent with sharp lands and grooves. Should be a real tack driver. Serial # matches on barrel, receiver and stock. Not originally grooved for sight hood but you could modify and add after the fact if desired. Low 3 digit serial # of 976 matches on stock, barrel and matches receiver. Comes complete with cleaning rod and capture screws.
Overall a very nice rifle with some good Nazi Markings.
Ask for K-98 Serial # 976......SOLD

Last edited by dlk51; January 31st, 2012 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old January 25th, 2012, 09:54 PM

(Chester County)
MartinBrody has a reputation beyond reputeMartinBrody has a reputation beyond reputeMartinBrody has a reputation beyond reputeMartinBrody has a reputation beyond reputeMartinBrody has a reputation beyond reputeMartinBrody has a reputation beyond reputeMartinBrody has a reputation beyond reputeMartinBrody has a reputation beyond reputeMartinBrody has a reputation beyond reputeMartinBrody has a reputation beyond reputeMartinBrody has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Classic Arms sells 10 RC k98's in under 30 min

Wow, really nice, congrats. Based on my experiences with Classic Arms I would bet you are going to be very pleased with your purchase.
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:04 PM

(Allegheny County)
dlk51 has a reputation beyond reputedlk51 has a reputation beyond reputedlk51 has a reputation beyond reputedlk51 has a reputation beyond reputedlk51 has a reputation beyond reputedlk51 has a reputation beyond reputedlk51 has a reputation beyond reputedlk51 has a reputation beyond reputedlk51 has a reputation beyond reputedlk51 has a reputation beyond reputedlk51 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Classic Arms sells 10 RC k98's in under 30 min

They are going to post more on Friday this week. I might end up spending my tax return at classic arms.

Last edited by dlk51; January 25th, 2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old January 26th, 2012, 02:08 PM

(Lycoming County)
clarion44 has a reputation beyond reputeclarion44 has a reputation beyond reputeclarion44 has a reputation beyond reputeclarion44 has a reputation beyond reputeclarion44 has a reputation beyond reputeclarion44 has a reputation beyond reputeclarion44 has a reputation beyond reputeclarion44 has a reputation beyond reputeclarion44 has a reputation beyond reputeclarion44 has a reputation beyond reputeclarion44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Classic Arms sells 10 RC k98's in under 30 min and I got one

May I ask how much these went for?
Old January 26th, 2012, 04:46 PM

(Allegheny County)

I got this one for 389.00

the price range was from 349-469 depending on years and markings. The 349 sounded like the barrel was shot out but the description on the one I got sounds like a good shooter.

Update: It shipped already and i will be getting it on Monday.

Last edited by dlk51; January 26th, 2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old January 27th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Grand Member

PA Rifleman has a reputation beyond reputePA Rifleman has a reputation beyond reputePA Rifleman has a reputation beyond reputePA Rifleman has a reputation beyond reputePA Rifleman has a reputation beyond reputePA Rifleman has a reputation beyond reputePA Rifleman has a reputation beyond reputePA Rifleman has a reputation beyond reputePA Rifleman has a reputation beyond reputePA Rifleman has a reputation beyond reputePA Rifleman has a reputation beyond repute

Same drill -- they posted more today around noon, all my phone calls went to voicemail until they ran out around 12:30.

This really could be handled better.

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html
Old January 27th, 2012, 07:06 PM

(Allegheny County)

I also noticed when I was checking out the pricing they increased them by 50 dollars today. On the 25th they were at 349-469 but today they were 399-519. I called at 11:59:30 just to make sure I got one on the 25th.

Last edited by dlk51; January 27th, 2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old January 28th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Grand Member

(Pike County)
LifeInPa has a reputation beyond reputeLifeInPa has a reputation beyond reputeLifeInPa has a reputation beyond reputeLifeInPa has a reputation beyond reputeLifeInPa has a reputation beyond reputeLifeInPa has a reputation beyond reputeLifeInPa has a reputation beyond reputeLifeInPa has a reputation beyond reputeLifeInPa has a reputation beyond reputeLifeInPa has a reputation beyond reputeLifeInPa has a reputation beyond repute

These are Russian Captures, right? I had no idea they were so rare and expensive.
Old January 28th, 2012, 08:16 PM

(Allegheny County)
bullfrog has a reputation beyond reputebullfrog has a reputation beyond reputebullfrog has a reputation beyond reputebullfrog has a reputation beyond reputebullfrog has a reputation beyond reputebullfrog has a reputation beyond reputebullfrog has a reputation beyond reputebullfrog has a reputation beyond reputebullfrog has a reputation beyond reputebullfrog has a reputation beyond reputebullfrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post

This really could be handled better.

I agree, they know they are popular and people want them. I do not know how long it takes to grade them but im sure you can get more graded then 10 a day. or sort them, build the web page and dedicate the day to them. They are so busy why not just wait and give everyone a chance to get them.

That being said, the last time they had them around early 2009 i got a decent RC from them with shrapnel in the stock. it had history but is dinged up a bit. I would get another on again but they obviously know that people will pay a pretty penny for one. 450 for a Mauser? owch. a bit to rich for me, by then save up and get an M1. Ooh-rah!

A side note, the last time they had non cracked yugo SKS's i got an ALL matching never issued. my god was that a find!

Good luck with anyone else ordering.
Old January 28th, 2012, 09:48 PM

(Allegheny County)

I paid 389 for the rifle with shipping it came to 413. I will find out it if was worth it on Monday morning. The non Russian capture I recently bought the barrel is shot out of and I paid 200 for that.(I did not know the barrel was shot out on it when I bought it online) I'm hoping that the one I got is worth the money.