Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB80 (Formerly HB 1243, Preemption Law Changes) Is Off to the Governor for Signature!

Thanks to everyone's support of this bill, it has passed a concurrence vote in the House, and is now off to the Governor's desk to be signed. To link to the latest discussion on this effort, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Rifles

Notices

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old April 14th, 2011, 09:30 AM

(Chester County)
IV Josh IV is just really niceIV Josh IV is just really niceIV Josh IV is just really niceIV Josh IV is just really niceIV Josh IV is just really nice
Question Beretta CX4 Storm

I hope this is in the right forum, I am interested in the CX4 Storm Carbine and was wondering if anyone here has one or has bought one recently and their experience and knowledge on it. It seems well rounded and a solid firearm overall even though it only shoots small arms rounds.

- Josh

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old April 14th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Grand Member

(Bucks County)
bac0nfat has a reputation beyond reputebac0nfat has a reputation beyond reputebac0nfat has a reputation beyond reputebac0nfat has a reputation beyond reputebac0nfat has a reputation beyond reputebac0nfat has a reputation beyond reputebac0nfat has a reputation beyond reputebac0nfat has a reputation beyond reputebac0nfat has a reputation beyond reputebac0nfat has a reputation beyond reputebac0nfat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beretta CX4 Storm

I have one, in 9mm. And I still haven't shot it.

But I can tell you that it seems to be well built. The internal parts are pretty beefy and well machined. The stock does have a slight "toy" feel to it though.

As far as 9mm goes, nothing wrong with that round in a carbine format, unless you need to shoot long distance. Its cheap to buy, so you can shoot more and be very proficient and familiar with your firearm.

Actually the gun is my fiance's, and we will be taking it out for the first time either this or next weekend. Then we are doing the practical shoot at LRGC on the 30th. We'll see how she runs! (The gun, that is)

ETA: By the way, the term "small arms" just means a weapon that can be carried and operated by an individual. So a 50 caliber rifle could be a small arm. A grenade launcher could be a small arm. The difference with the CX4 storm from many of the other carbines is that it is chambered in a pistol round. But many other carbines (or submachine guns) throughout history have been chambered in the same round and have a battle-proven track record. MP40's, Sten's, and MP5's are all chambered in the 9mm round. There have probably been millions of people killed by the 9mm, so don't let people tell you it's weak. FYI, 9mm Luger, 9x19, and 9mm Parabellum are all the same exact round, developed by the Germans for the Luger pistol and MP40 submachine gun. Parabellum is German for "prepare for war." There's some trivia for ya.

Last edited by bac0nfat; April 14th, 2011 at 09:44 AM.
Old April 14th, 2011, 09:59 AM

(Washington County)
marinville has a reputation beyond reputemarinville has a reputation beyond reputemarinville has a reputation beyond reputemarinville has a reputation beyond reputemarinville has a reputation beyond reputemarinville has a reputation beyond reputemarinville has a reputation beyond reputemarinville has a reputation beyond reputemarinville has a reputation beyond reputemarinville has a reputation beyond reputemarinville has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
Parabellum is German for "prepare for war." There's some trivia for ya.
It's actually Latin.

Si vis pacem, parabellum.
If you seek peace, prepare for war.
Old April 14th, 2011, 10:22 AM

(Bucks County)
1988 Olds has a reputation beyond repute1988 Olds has a reputation beyond repute1988 Olds has a reputation beyond repute1988 Olds has a reputation beyond repute1988 Olds has a reputation beyond repute1988 Olds has a reputation beyond repute1988 Olds has a reputation beyond repute1988 Olds has a reputation beyond repute1988 Olds has a reputation beyond repute1988 Olds has a reputation beyond repute1988 Olds has a reputation beyond repute

My friend has a CX4 in .40. Its a pretty cool gun to shot. Had maybe 1 or 2 malfuntions with it but thats about it. We have really only shot it indoors at a 15 yard range with a red-dot on it and its pretty accurate. I'm not sure how it would do out past 25 yards or so.
Old April 14th, 2011, 10:35 AM

group17 has a reputation beyond reputegroup17 has a reputation beyond reputegroup17 has a reputation beyond reputegroup17 has a reputation beyond reputegroup17 has a reputation beyond reputegroup17 has a reputation beyond reputegroup17 has a reputation beyond reputegroup17 has a reputation beyond reputegroup17 has a reputation beyond reputegroup17 has a reputation beyond reputegroup17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IV Josh IV View Post
I hope this is in the right forum, I am interested in the CX4 Storm Carbine and was wondering if anyone here has one or has bought one recently and their experience and knowledge on it. It seems well rounded and a solid firearm overall even though it only shoots small arms rounds.

- Josh
Nice accurate carbine if you can afford the $700 price. Beretta makes nice guns.

Cheaper 9mm or 40 carbines for a lot less money would be a keltec 2000 and the hi point 995TS. They even make a ATI stock that makes your hi point look like the CX4.
http://www.cabelas.com/stocks-grips-...e-stock.shtml?

Last edited by group17; April 14th, 2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old April 14th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Grand Member

(Bucks County)
bac0nfat has a reputation beyond reputebac0nfat has a reputation beyond reputebac0nfat has a reputation beyond reputebac0nfat has a reputation beyond reputebac0nfat has a reputation beyond reputebac0nfat has a reputation beyond reputebac0nfat has a reputation beyond reputebac0nfat has a reputation beyond reputebac0nfat has a reputation beyond reputebac0nfat has a reputation beyond reputebac0nfat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinville View Post
It's actually Latin.

Si vis pacem, parabellum.
If you seek peace, prepare for war.
You're right, I stand corrected. Thanks.
Old April 14th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Grand Member

(Centre County)
FLICK has a reputation beyond reputeFLICK has a reputation beyond reputeFLICK has a reputation beyond reputeFLICK has a reputation beyond reputeFLICK has a reputation beyond reputeFLICK has a reputation beyond reputeFLICK has a reputation beyond reputeFLICK has a reputation beyond reputeFLICK has a reputation beyond reputeFLICK has a reputation beyond reputeFLICK has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you could low ball this guy

http://forum.pafoa.org/firearms-6/13...rm-40-cal.html

+1 for the sub2k, if you could find one. It's ugly, but a fun range toy. Significantly cheaper, for somewhat obvious reasons.
Old April 17th, 2011, 09:33 PM

(Pike County)
Charlie B has a spectacular aura aboutCharlie B has a spectacular aura aboutCharlie B has a spectacular aura about

I have a CX4 in .40 with a holographic sight that shoots real good at 25 yards! I also have a Bushnell 4-12X40 Scope and a bipod for bench rest shooting at 50 and 100 yards, typically get 5 round groups under 4 at 100 with this combo. Ive put several thousand rounds of Winchester White Box 165gr and Remington UMC 165gr without any problems.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid-a-hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Wayne - The Shootist

Many of the truths we cling to... depend greatly on our own point of view. - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Old April 19th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Grand Member

(Bucks County)
crlovel has a reputation beyond reputecrlovel has a reputation beyond reputecrlovel has a reputation beyond reputecrlovel has a reputation beyond reputecrlovel has a reputation beyond reputecrlovel has a reputation beyond reputecrlovel has a reputation beyond reputecrlovel has a reputation beyond reputecrlovel has a reputation beyond reputecrlovel has a reputation beyond reputecrlovel has a reputation beyond repute

I just sold my Beretta Storm 9mm Carbine. It was an awesome rifle, it never once had any failures. It shared a common magazine with my 92fs, and was one of my favorite rifles. I would not hesitate to depend on one if needed. The only reason I sold it was because I needed the money - I will be getting another.
Old April 20th, 2011, 07:35 AM

(Chester County)
IV Josh IV is just really niceIV Josh IV is just really niceIV Josh IV is just really niceIV Josh IV is just really niceIV Josh IV is just really nice

Thanks for all the information everyone. I seems like a great gun and I will be looking forward to owning one in the near future hopefully. The gun shop I go to sells it for a little under $800. It seems like it's certainly worth the money I may stick with the 9mm version so I can use it with my PX4 Storm.