Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Action alert on HB2011 regarding Pre-Emption

Rep Mike Turzai has committed to move HB 2011. This bill strengthens pre-emption by providing for standing and compensation of expenses in the event a local law needs to be challenged that conflicts with State gun laws. Corbett said he will sign if it is put on his desk in the remaining 11 days left to the legislative session.

For more information and updates on these efforts, and to get involved, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Rifles

Notices

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old August 15th, 2010, 05:10 AM

(Lackawanna County)
mickey01023 has a reputation beyond reputemickey01023 has a reputation beyond reputemickey01023 has a reputation beyond reputemickey01023 has a reputation beyond reputemickey01023 has a reputation beyond reputemickey01023 has a reputation beyond reputemickey01023 has a reputation beyond reputemickey01023 has a reputation beyond reputemickey01023 has a reputation beyond reputemickey01023 has a reputation beyond reputemickey01023 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to mickey01023
Default Laser for AR-15

I'm looking for a mid grade to top of the line laser. I'm so clueless right now I don't even know what kind of cheap ones that are out there.

Suggestions?

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old August 15th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Grand Member

(Allegheny County)
arjohnson has a reputation beyond reputearjohnson has a reputation beyond reputearjohnson has a reputation beyond reputearjohnson has a reputation beyond reputearjohnson has a reputation beyond reputearjohnson has a reputation beyond reputearjohnson has a reputation beyond reputearjohnson has a reputation beyond reputearjohnson has a reputation beyond reputearjohnson has a reputation beyond reputearjohnson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Laser for AR-15

Here you go.

http://tnvc.com/items/laser_systems/otal.html
Old August 15th, 2010, 06:10 PM

(York County)
mcarroll1987 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mcarroll1987

Another option
http://www.laserlyte.com/Laser_Gun_S...K-15/K-15.html
Old August 16th, 2010, 05:26 AM

(Lackawanna County)
mickey01023 has a reputation beyond reputemickey01023 has a reputation beyond reputemickey01023 has a reputation beyond reputemickey01023 has a reputation beyond reputemickey01023 has a reputation beyond reputemickey01023 has a reputation beyond reputemickey01023 has a reputation beyond reputemickey01023 has a reputation beyond reputemickey01023 has a reputation beyond reputemickey01023 has a reputation beyond reputemickey01023 has a reputation beyond repute

they're both pretty bulky....anything for around 100?
Old August 16th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Banned

(Allegheny County)
The_War_Wagon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_War_Wagon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_War_Wagon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_War_Wagon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_War_Wagon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_War_Wagon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_War_Wagon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_War_Wagon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_War_Wagon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_War_Wagon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_War_Wagon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to The_War_Wagon
Arrow Re: Laser for AR-15

I'm not sure you'd WANT anything under $100. A good optic would be a better investment on a rifle, IMHO.
Old August 16th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Grand Member

(Schuylkill County)
NikeBauer21 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeBauer21 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeBauer21 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeBauer21 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeBauer21 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeBauer21 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeBauer21 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeBauer21 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeBauer21 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeBauer21 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeBauer21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
I'm not sure you'd WANT anything under $100. A good optic would be a better investment on a rifle, IMHO.
This^

Honestly, if you want a "cheap" laser, you're better off not getting one at all. I see it ALL the time. People don't want to pay the $200+ for a good laser, so they go with the $40 knock-off, or even the $100 model, and it doesn't hold zero worth a darn, and routinely loosens itself up to a wobbly fiasco. Fact is, if you can't afford to get the higher-end models, just don't get one. You will just end up wasting money on something that is basically garbage. The point of a laser is to be pinpoint accurate, and stay that way. If you have something that can't do that, then it doesn't do it's job.

I'm not trying to say this in any condescending way, I'm just trying to show the reality. I'll tell you, that's one of the reasons I haven't bought on for my AR yet. I'd sooner spend the money on other accessories. So I figure when I get to it, I'll get to it...

Obviously, everyone can do whatever they want. But it is my strong opinion that going cheap on a laser, will only be wasting your money.
Old August 17th, 2010, 05:07 AM

(Lackawanna County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
This^

Honestly, if you want a "cheap" laser, you're better off not getting one at all. I see it ALL the time. People don't want to pay the $200+ for a good laser, so they go with the $40 knock-off, or even the $100 model, and it doesn't hold zero worth a darn, and routinely loosens itself up to a wobbly fiasco. Fact is, if you can't afford to get the higher-end models, just don't get one. You will just end up wasting money on something that is basically garbage. The point of a laser is to be pinpoint accurate, and stay that way. If you have something that can't do that, then it doesn't do it's job.

I'm not trying to say this in any condescending way, I'm just trying to show the reality. I'll tell you, that's one of the reasons I haven't bought on for my AR yet. I'd sooner spend the money on other accessories. So I figure when I get to it, I'll get to it...

Obviously, everyone can do whatever they want. But it is my strong opinion that going cheap on a laser, will only be wasting your money.
I'm not afraid to spend...in fact i would say money is my most favorite thing in life and brings me more joy than anything else lol and spending mmmmm i loves it and hates it sometimes

not to brag but I'm looking at my good AR the ar was 900, rails were 150-200, 60 on the stock, 20 on the grip, 20 on the fore grip, 40 on the light clamp, 150 on the light, 100 on the front flip and gas block, bi pod was 30, rail covers 20, extended charging handle thingy 30, 50 on optics, 25 on the 3 prong flash hider, front sling attachment 20, magpul sling 50ish, ohhhhh pressure pad for the light was around 100, sling attachment on the buffer tube was 40................

ok now i'm sad lol and the really sad thing is i'm not done with it yet. I still want some really good optics, i don't really like how the eotechs look or the reticle, maybe an aim point, i haven't played a with 3x magnifier yet

I think I'm gonna become a dealer for the sole purpose of paying for my addiction haha buy 5 guns get the next one at dealer cost

Last edited by mickey01023; August 17th, 2010 at 05:20 AM.
Old August 17th, 2010, 05:24 AM

(Lackawanna County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
This^

you think your the laser king dontcha huh lol...............WELL

I found the best, hands down no objection brightest laser, the most dangerous laser, a laser that can be seen on the day with the brightest sun and can be seen for miles

It's so bad ass and dangerous, i'm not going to post the site. I've known about the laser for a few months now and its only 200 or maybe it 300 now. This laser is soooooooooooo powerful that it comes with like a waiver. It's so boss that you can't point it in the sky because you might take out a pilot.

If you want to know about the laser PM me
Old August 17th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Grand Member

(Schuylkill County)
NikeBauer21 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeBauer21 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeBauer21 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeBauer21 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeBauer21 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeBauer21 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeBauer21 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeBauer21 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeBauer21 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeBauer21 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeBauer21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
you think your the laser king dontcha huh lol...............WELL
Heck no... that's why I haven't gotten one for mine yet.

Also, I just hate seeing people waste money on accessories. My friend tries it all the time, and I warn him, but he does it anyway. He bought a cheap laser for his pistol, and I warned him... well, it fell off after a few shots, and obviously never held zero for the few it was on... he got another cheap but more expensive one, and it's a piece of crap too... on his AR, he got a cheap red-dot, I warned him, he didn't listen, and it wouldn't hold zero worth anything... he went and got some other red dot scope now, and it isn't much better, but it's what he has on yet... Me, personally, I buy the better things, which is why it sometimes takes me longer to get them (as I have other bills and life happenings to pay for as well)...

Quote:
If you want to know about the laser PM me
Someone had posted it here awhile back. They had the blue ones on there that are very, very bright... But yea, I don't need that much power. haha

Last edited by NikeBauer21; August 17th, 2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old August 17th, 2010, 09:06 AM

(York County)
mcarroll1987 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mcarroll1987

This thread smells of immatureness.