Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Advice wanted on Quad Rail for an AR15

I absolutely love my DD Lite. I had a KAC on b4 and it was a lil heavy. I had looked at the omega but at that price I started looking at the lite and also wanted a flip front sight. Plus I get the front sight out a lil further for a longer sight radius. And I get the Surefire scout out a lil further too. If you just want a drop in I'd go DD EZ. If you're spending the money on an omega, I'd look at the lite 9.5 or omega x m4fsp, they aren't too much more and more flexibility in mounting options.

(Chester County)

I've got the same question. I've got a RRA AR with a mid-length gas system.

I'm running an EoTech, waiting on my Larue QD mount, with MBUS. My foward sight is on a railed gas block, while everything else fits on the rifle rail.

I'm wondering if there's any reason I should pay the extra money for a free-float rail. I'm thinking about using the rail for a Magpul AFG, a side-mount sling point, and maybe a light someday.

Further, can someone recommend a easy to install mid-length rail?
    Last edited by JonEMTP; August 15th, 2010 at 05:48 PM.

(Allegheny County)

I chose FF because of the reduced heat because I run my arm all the way to the end of the rail, even on 13" rail guns. The DD Omega rails are nice, but I really love the Troy TRX Extreme. Very skinny, minimal and you can add all of the items. I would caution you on the AFG though, it is bulky and looks cooler than it really is. A GearSector Handstop might serve you better. If you get the Troy TRC Extreme, you may also find that the tube shape is easier to grab a hold of and is essentially "afg" like.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Montgomery County)

I have a DD 9.0 lite rail and i love it ...light weight and sturdy free float (1 piece) I have seen quite a few surplus KAC RAS systems around (even at a local show) they were 50-75 bucks and looked very usable though the finishes needed help,,,i'd pick upo a set and paint them...try searching for used RAS or over at arfcom EE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12