Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stag upper

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Stag upper

Quote Originally Posted by iamhistory View Post
    +1 on the lefty parts.

One of the reasons I don't get any of my "tactical" guns in left-handed format....not a very easy switch out for parts if you would find yourself in a tight situation.

Left handed guns would be nice but they are usually more expensive and I have trained so long with the typical firearms that I'd probably have to retrain myself to operate left handed guns as proficiently. I have a left handed muzzleloader, which I won't part with, a lefty Remington 870, and a lefty Remington 700 which I love. Even they took a bit of getting used to and every one of them cost me more money b/c they were left handed.

Back in the day I couldn't even wear my sidearm on my left side b/c of Marine Corps policy. We lefties had to wear standard issue gear and just adapt/train to function. I had to draw right handed and switch the gun to my left hand. Of course, I learned how to shoot right handed as well.

I don't see the point of lefty AR's. For fun....heck yes but overall I think they actually have too many drawbacks.

I agree 100%, I know lefties who run righty for this reason. For fun, and fun alone, go for it.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Stag upper

Likewise, my uncle is lefty and he got a normal one. He didn't want to pay the extra (unnecessary) money, and he didn't want to have to worry about getting parts. It's nice that they have a lefty model, for "diversity" I suppose, but it's impractical.

Like others have said, and it is my opinion as well, just go with the normal version... But ultimately, it's what you want.
    III%

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12