Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: 10/22 Tactical vs Target

Good Evening,

I took my first trip to the range with my new tatical target 10/22 yesterday. Unbelievable accuracy for a semi-auto. Got her on paper at 25 yards, and then backed off to 50 yards. Pretty much one ragged hole for a 5 shot group shooting off of a bench. I used CCI, and Wolf match ammo. They impacted at different locations on the target, but the groups were similar. If I had known that beforehand, I wouldn't have spent my money on the match ammo. One sweet little rifle, and she definately looks "HOT".

Ken

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa_Neighbor View Post
    Good Evening,

I took my first trip to the range with my new tatical target 10/22 yesterday. Unbelievable accuracy for a semi-auto. Got her on paper at 25 yards, and then backed off to 50 yards. Pretty much one ragged hole for a 5 shot group shooting off of a bench. I used CCI, and Wolf match ammo. They impacted at different locations on the target, but the groups were similar. If I had known that beforehand, I wouldn't have spent my money on the match ammo. One sweet little rifle, and she definately looks "HOT".

Ken
    Thanks, Ken. Lookin forward to some awesome groups when I get the rifle, aaarrrhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

What scope and mounts are you using???
    Last edited by FLICK; June 23rd, 2010 at 09:37 PM.
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Centre County)

Hmm. Never had a bad experience with the folks up at B&M. I'd expect the type of service you described from Grice, or maybe Phil Miller, but B&M has always struck me as the exception to the stereotypical gun shop.

I hope you get your gun soon and its all you expect from it and more.

Where do you shoot? You should check out Liberty Twp Sportsmens Club. Its just a few miles beyond Howard and Bald Eagle State Park. A little out of the way for you State College folks, but much cheaper than OSC and much less hassle than Scotia.

I picked up a Leupold VX-II 3-9x33 scope on sale at Cabelas, and used some Redfield 1" rings that I had on another rifle. The rings could be temporary if they loosen up. So far it shoots great!!!

Ken

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123