Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ak side rail

(York County)

Default Re: ak side rail

Quote Originally Posted by ByAnyMeans View Post
    Another good site you may want to check out. I always found it better to contact them for current merchandise.

http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/default.html
    sent him a email about 3 days ago been waiting patiently since

(Lancaster County)

Does your rifle have a rail on it already or do you need to add one?
    If it has one then anything that says it's for the AK style rail will work, don't get something for the SVD/SKS, they are different rails.

Tantal's is a great guy, takes a little to get a reply sometimes but he always answers.

The Kobras are great red dots, they were once used by the Soviet military, so the quality is there.
    There are three different Kobras, most on the market are the newest of them. The first used AA size 3 volt batteries (6 volt total) and the batteries can be expensive (standard AA batteries can be used but thay don't last very long), the second was just an upgrade that uses standard 1.5 volt AA batteries and some exterior changes, the third uses a button style battery with a few minor changes again. The only one that has any thing negative about it is the first one that uses the 3 volt batteries.

But yes you are right about "knock offs", be careful and shop wisely, you won't have any problems with Kalinka or Tantal. There's another company or two but I don't remember then right now.

The PK series is also another good one, they have several models that either end in a number(s) or letter(s)

(York County)

quick question any particular reason why when i read on any of the kobras or pk as all articles are from 2005 has them retailing for around 200 but if i finally find one the price seems to have skyrocketed to over 400..........just wondering if the market dried up on them or we (usa) don't want want people using Russian optics

(Montgomery County)

Its questionable to put a $200 plus optic on a $350 rifle.

Just as another option- I've seen people put cheap knock offs on AKs or shotguns, and they work fine- because remember, the Kobra isn't giving you some 500 yard sniper shot... its just to help with quick target acquisition at short to medium range.

Just to keep your options open:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=164866036

(York County)

that's true just seem to have my heart set on a kobra or even one of those pk as. it just seems to be dam near impossible to find one nowadays.im really hoping i didn't miss the boat on a reasonably priced one and if i did whats the new boat in optics

(Lancaster County)

The $200 pricing is basicly what they were selling for up to the end of '07 and the price started to go up after that. I'm guessing that only so many came in and when the supplies got low the prices went up.
    As for the "new boat", since the Kobra & PK-AS were so popular they all seem to be priced a little high now.

Now I don't know anything about this company, or if this is an old listing, so look for any reveiws or feed back.
    http://www.binocularsmart.com/scopes...gr-saiga.shtml

If you want to go with a weaver/picitanny rail style mount and put what you want on it, I'd get one of these.
    High mount
    http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/mounts/...aver-rail.html
    Low mount
    http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/mounts/...ck-finish.html

The cheaper ones are just that, cheap.

(York County)

i like the reviews and look of that bp 02 but dot or holo would y'all recommend

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12