Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Where to (or not to) Spend Money > Ranges

Notices

Ranges Looking for a range new range? Have a favorite range? Share your experiences here.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old March 28th, 2007, 09:33 PM

(Lancaster County)
KLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Public Range in Lancaster?

Looking for a public range in lancaster....

I can't seem to find one...

Maybe in east york county or southern berks county?

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old March 28th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Grand Member

jdlv4_0 has a reputation beyond reputejdlv4_0 has a reputation beyond reputejdlv4_0 has a reputation beyond reputejdlv4_0 has a reputation beyond reputejdlv4_0 has a reputation beyond reputejdlv4_0 has a reputation beyond reputejdlv4_0 has a reputation beyond reputejdlv4_0 has a reputation beyond reputejdlv4_0 has a reputation beyond reputejdlv4_0 has a reputation beyond reputejdlv4_0 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Public Range in Lancaster?

Here's the link for the PA State Gamelands with Ranges.

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/v...a=480&q=161297

State Game Lands #43 has it's pistol range closed, or atleast it was closed pending replacement of the target backer. 50 and 100 yard lines still open, but it's a bit of a hall, York may be closer to you.

Last edited by jdlv4_0; March 28th, 2007 at 10:24 PM.
Old March 29th, 2007, 04:01 PM

(Lancaster County)
KLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I used to shoot at Dillsburg when I lived in York. But it's a far drive from lancaster. Guess I'll have to look at club ranges.
Old March 29th, 2007, 06:14 PM

(Lancaster County)
Headhunter 13 is on a distinguished road

I live in Lancaster (in the city) and shoot at Manheim Sportsmans Association. It is a nice range. Indoor and ourdoor pistol, outdot rifle, archery and trap. I think it is $50.00 the first year. We used to shoot at MillCreek, not as nice

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935
---------------
Old March 31st, 2007, 08:58 AM

(Lancaster County)
ursavus.elemensis is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the Dillsburg SGL range like? Does it get crowded? Are the people who go there polite and cooperative? I have been to French Creek SGL range and it is hit or miss with the crowds. They are sometimes very safe and polite, and sometimes you have the 16 year olds blasting away at the air and you can forget about going downrange to put up a target. All in all, I've not had any trouble at French Creek that would keep me from going back there, but I was wondering if Dillsburg was similar, or better.
Old March 31st, 2007, 09:43 AM

(Lancaster County)

Normally the Dillsburg range is great - quiet and friendly - However, one time I took my wife there to educate her on shooting my pistol and help her become familiar with it (It took a lot of convincing to get her there)

We were there maybe 10 min - by ourselves, which was great! She fired a few rounds - Then these kids showed up and started shooting with their guns sideways. Totally ignoring my requests to get my targets - yet starting to walk down range to get their own targets while I'm still shooting. Needless to say my wife wasn't too thrilled and I haven't gotten her to shoot since.
Old April 9th, 2009, 08:16 PM

(Lancaster County)
toddclites has much to be proud oftoddclites has much to be proud oftoddclites has much to be proud oftoddclites has much to be proud oftoddclites has much to be proud oftoddclites has much to be proud oftoddclites has much to be proud oftoddclites has much to be proud oftoddclites has much to be proud of

I live in Manheim and I am also looking for a weapons range, Someone mentioned the Manheim sportsmanís club, does anyone have more information on the club? What types of weapons are permitted i.e. assault rifles, tactical shotguns and tactical rifles if so what are the distances? Also what is the link to the state gamelands public ranges? Thanks everyone and Im glad to be here.
Old May 13th, 2009, 09:46 PM
PAFOA Bronze Supporter

(Lancaster County)
MrBlackHawk has a reputation beyond reputeMrBlackHawk has a reputation beyond reputeMrBlackHawk has a reputation beyond reputeMrBlackHawk has a reputation beyond reputeMrBlackHawk has a reputation beyond reputeMrBlackHawk has a reputation beyond reputeMrBlackHawk has a reputation beyond reputeMrBlackHawk has a reputation beyond reputeMrBlackHawk has a reputation beyond reputeMrBlackHawk has a reputation beyond reputeMrBlackHawk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to MrBlackHawk

I found a public range near Glen Rock today. I think it is called Freedom Arms. I passed it on my way to another destination. If they are open tomorrow when I go by, I will stop and check it out. Looks like a nice place. large newer building.
Old May 25th, 2009, 10:09 PM

(Lancaster County)
dgm0967 is on a distinguished road

If you don't mind a ride into the country here is one that I'm a member of and can recommend.

http://www.penndutchsportsmen.com/
Old August 18th, 2011, 11:26 AM

(Lancaster County)
jessr0cks is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Millersville. Millcreek's membership runs from Oct to Oct. It's mid-august so I refuse to pay for two months and then pay again next year. I'm also not thoroughly impressed with Millcreek (though they do have an indoor pistol range, I haven't used it.) Is there a range in Pequea or Conestoga, or somewhere else not far south of me? I found online a place called The Sixth Ward Rod and Gun Club in Pequea, but there is no contact phone number and I don't know my way around well enough yet (just moved here) to find it. Has anyone ever heard of this place?
Thanks!