Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default langhorne Rod&Gun

Going to the meeting tonight to try and find a sponsor.I was a member till the economy crapped out. Maybe i'll be a new mamber again. Start shooting regularly again.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: langhorne Rod&Gun

What does the time frame look like for that waiting list? I was told it could be 6+ months to a year!

(Bucks County)

I went last meeting and found a sponsor.A vet should have no problem. No wait list that i know of.

My friends a member so I'm gonna ask him to sponsor me since I just got my ar. Anyone know when they'll have a public day however? Their site is under construction under that link.

(Bucks County)

Tomorrow is the Kids Fishing Derby till 1PM & is open to the public & every Thurs night from 5PM-9PM is sporting clays open to the public as well, that's all I'm seeing for the rest of this month. Even if you don't shoot clays you can at least socialize & meet different people. If you're looking for an public range day I'm not aware of one anytime soon but I don't really keep track of that. Anyone else that has that info ?
    Jesus is Lord !

(Philadelphia County)

i dont know about public days but they have open events pretty often. I think they have lots of clay shooting open to the public, and they do practical rifle and pistol shoots monthly.

I've been going to most of the rifle shoots (im not a member, though i've been thinking about it) for the past 5 or 6 months and it's a nice place. Most of the members i've met are pretty cool.

Let us (me) know how the meeting goes. If you find a sponsor and there aren't any waiting lists or other such caveats i might have to give it a go myself

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Tomorrow is the Kids Fishing Derby till 1PM & is open to the public & every Thurs night from 5PM-9PM is sporting clays open to the public as well, that's all I'm seeing for the rest of this month. Even if you don't shoot clays you can at least socialize & meet different people. If you're looking for an public range day I'm not aware of one anytime soon but I don't really keep track of that. Anyone else that has that info ?
    Thanks for the info. Right now I just have my AR so I would be interested in those practical rifle open shoots or any day I can go and shoot, I went once to LRG in 2007 and its really nice and only about 30min from Philly. Just found out my friend is no longer a member so it looks like I will have to go through the painstaking process of finding one on here or a meet, i know thats gonna be tough.

(Philadelphia County)

its probably not tough. just show up at a practical shoot or two, chit chat with some of the guys. I'm fairly chumly with a few of the regulars now.

the 10th of every month gary posts the signup link.

(this month is the "champions match" and is invitation only, and i think next month is a couples match)

(Bucks County)

I'd love to become a member there. It is about 10 minutes from the house. Thursday member meetings are a little hard though with the little ones and a wife who works late.

(Bucks County)

It took me six months to get to the meeting on the first thursday.Got lucky and found a sponsor first night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast