Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Looking for indoor pistol range near Fleetwood

Anyone know of any indoor pistol ranges in the Fleetwood/Reading area? I'm not having much luck at the moment finding one to try out my new pistol. I tried Stony Creek Outfitters, but they said that their range was member only and membership was currently closed.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Looking for indoor pistol range near Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckybucky View Post
    Anyone know of any indoor pistol ranges in the Fleetwood/Reading area? I'm not having much luck at the moment finding one to try out my new pistol. I tried Stony Creek Outfitters, but they said that their range was member only and membership was currently closed.
    French Creek Outfitters in Pheonixville is one of the few in our area, 12.00 bucks an hour, nice range, 10 lanes i believe but i haven't used it, just shop there from time to time.

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

I believe French Creek is open to the public and you can shoot there. Muhlenberg also has an indoor range and that is a membership only club. I was going to say Stony Creek as well but you seem to have gone there already. A bit disappointed that membership is currently closed...I was going to join them this weekend.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by acosenza2 View Post
    I believe French Creek is open to the public and you can shoot there. Muhlenberg also has an indoor range and that is a membership only club. I was going to say Stony Creek as well but you seem to have gone there already. A bit disappointed that membership is currently closed...I was going to join them this weekend.
    disappointing as well about stony creek, i stopped by there last week and the guy said check back next month, but i have no idea what that even means. brush off maybe or you have to seem more interested? heck i dunno. hows muhlenberg?

(Berks County)

French Creek Outfitters in Phoenixville (on Rt. 724) is probably your best option.

It is open to the public for $12 / hour with 10 lanes. Decent standard indoor range.

I go there all the time - I'll be heading there tomorrow actually. Need to get in some practice after waiting out the winter.

(Berks County)

I heard Gun Gallery is open again in Mt Penn. The previous owner was arrested. I heard his wife is renting it out to an individual who is running it. An employee from Gun Traders on 61 in Reading said he went there, they wanted to see a carry permit or no dice. All 2nd hand info.

I am not aware that an indoor range exists in Muhlenberg, not in the 19605 zip anyway.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mudhog92 View Post
    I heard Gun Gallery is open again in Mt Penn. The previous owner was arrested. I heard his wife is renting it out to an individual who is running it.
    It is not the Gun Gallery anymore. It has changed ownership and is now called Stoney Creek. From what I understand the new owner is striving to make sure it doesn't turn to crap like the Gun Gallery. I believe one of the members here is the owner.
    An employee from Gun Traders on 61 in Reading said he went there, they wanted to see a carry permit or no dice. All 2nd hand info.
    They are correct. The new owner wants to see a LTCF, presumably to ensure that the folks shooting are not prohibited; again in order to keep some of the old Gun Gallery folks out.

I am not aware that an indoor range exists in Muhlenberg, not in the 19605 zip anyway.
    You are right, I thought that MASA (Muhlenberg Area Shooting Association) was indoor but I am mistaken.

OP, looks like you will have to go to French Creek.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

(Berks County)

I was at Stony Creek last weekend and they opened up Membership. That was a no brainer for me. $40 per year and then $10/hour, plus I can bring a guest at $10/hour. Prior to that I was paying the $15/hour rate using my LTCF.

Nice group of guys.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    I was at Stony Creek last weekend and they opened up Membership. That was a no brainer for me. $40 per year and then $10/hour, plus I can bring a guest at $10/hour. Prior to that I was paying the $15/hour rate using my LTCF.

Nice group of guys.
    Damn I was going to go last weekend and then I read the post about them not having membership open! I will definitely try to get there this weekend after work. Anyone have the hours handy?