Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Action alert on HB2011 regarding Pre-Emption

Rep Mike Turzai has committed to move HB 2011. This bill strengthens pre-emption by providing for standing and compensation of expenses in the event a local law needs to be challenged that conflicts with State gun laws. Corbett said he will sign if it is put on his desk in the remaining 11 days left to the legislative session.

For more information and updates on these efforts, and to get involved, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Events > Political

Notices

Political A forum for legislative events, rallies, and other political action planning.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

State College Borough Special Meeting for firearms ordinance
Calendar: Political
t1m0thy
Banned

Address: 243 South Allen Street
City: State College, PA
State: Pennsylvania

If you are a gun owner in the Centre County region please come down and defend your right to bear arms.

State College council to discuss firearms ordinance
Jessica VanderKolk
May 6, 2011 8:38am EDT

State College Borough Council will hold a special meeting at 7 p.m. Monday to reconsider an amendment to the parks ordinance related to firearms.

The ordinance currently states no one may carry, concealed or openly, firearms or other dangerous weapons in local parks.

Tim Havener, president of the central chapter of Firearms Owners Against Crime, earlier this year notified the borough and other municipalities of a conflict with state law, which does not prohibit carrying firearms in parks and does not allow municipalities to regulate lawful possession.

Last month, council agreed not to change the ordinance, but approved a resolution to the state League of Cities and Municipalities, asking it to lobby for a change to state law that would prohibit firearms in parks and municipal buildings. Havener has followed up with several municipalities, including Borough Council on Monday, when he and Councilman Peter Morris argued about the issue.

Police Chief Tom King said his department has received no complaints in the recent past of anyone carrying or discharging weapons in parks in the borough, or in College or Harris townships, which borough police also cover.

“That ordinance has been on the books for a long time,” he said. “It isn’t one that creates any police problems.”

If the ordinance is changed, King doesn’t anticipate that alone making a difference.

“As long as they’re of age and don’t have other prohibitions against carrying a weapon, many people carry firearms and, oftentimes, people don’t even know it if they have a conceal permit,” he said, noting a larger concern is the combination of alcohol and firearms.

Jessica VanderKolk can be reached at 235-3910.

Read more: http://www.centredaily.com/2011/05/0...#ixzz1LbDLIbmx

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old May 6th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Banned

(Clinton County)
t1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: State College Borough Special Meeting for firearms ordinance

Plan is to meet at Perkins at 5-5:30pm before the meeting and then head over.

Perkins Restaurant
1661 South Atherton Street
State College, PA 16801-6210
(814) 235-1960
Old May 6th, 2011, 02:27 PM

(Centre County)
SNAFUG36 has a reputation beyond reputeSNAFUG36 has a reputation beyond reputeSNAFUG36 has a reputation beyond reputeSNAFUG36 has a reputation beyond reputeSNAFUG36 has a reputation beyond reputeSNAFUG36 has a reputation beyond reputeSNAFUG36 has a reputation beyond reputeSNAFUG36 has a reputation beyond reputeSNAFUG36 has a reputation beyond reputeSNAFUG36 has a reputation beyond reputeSNAFUG36 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm off Monday, perhaps I will attend.
Old May 6th, 2011, 04:41 PM
PAFOA Gold Supporter

(Chester County)
JonEMTP has a reputation beyond reputeJonEMTP has a reputation beyond reputeJonEMTP has a reputation beyond reputeJonEMTP has a reputation beyond reputeJonEMTP has a reputation beyond reputeJonEMTP has a reputation beyond reputeJonEMTP has a reputation beyond reputeJonEMTP has a reputation beyond reputeJonEMTP has a reputation beyond reputeJonEMTP has a reputation beyond reputeJonEMTP has a reputation beyond repute

I'm planning on being in Harrisburg already Monday helping with prep for Tuesday... Depending on what others from the Harrisburg end do, I will plan on attending the meeting or the (OC?) Dinner and Meeting.

Jon
Old May 6th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Banned

(Clinton County)
t1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelruh55 View Post
I'm planning on being in Harrisburg already Monday helping with prep for Tuesday... Depending on what others from the Harrisburg end do, I will plan on attending the meeting or the (OC?) Dinner and Meeting.

Jon
I was going to come down on monday as well but due to this meeting I will just be coming down on tuesday for the rally. We need as many people as we can get. I have no idea what we might be facing.
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:00 PM
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Centre County)
bripsu has a reputation beyond reputebripsu has a reputation beyond reputebripsu has a reputation beyond reputebripsu has a reputation beyond reputebripsu has a reputation beyond reputebripsu has a reputation beyond reputebripsu has a reputation beyond reputebripsu has a reputation beyond reputebripsu has a reputation beyond reputebripsu has a reputation beyond reputebripsu has a reputation beyond repute

If I can get there in time, I'll go directly there (no dinner for me).
Old May 7th, 2011, 12:17 AM

(Centre County)
SNAFUG36 has a reputation beyond reputeSNAFUG36 has a reputation beyond reputeSNAFUG36 has a reputation beyond reputeSNAFUG36 has a reputation beyond reputeSNAFUG36 has a reputation beyond reputeSNAFUG36 has a reputation beyond reputeSNAFUG36 has a reputation beyond reputeSNAFUG36 has a reputation beyond reputeSNAFUG36 has a reputation beyond reputeSNAFUG36 has a reputation beyond reputeSNAFUG36 has a reputation beyond repute

Turns out I am off Monday, so I will attend to show support.
Old May 8th, 2011, 09:32 AM

(Columbia County)
fishingfool151 has a reputation beyond reputefishingfool151 has a reputation beyond reputefishingfool151 has a reputation beyond reputefishingfool151 has a reputation beyond reputefishingfool151 has a reputation beyond reputefishingfool151 has a reputation beyond reputefishingfool151 has a reputation beyond reputefishingfool151 has a reputation beyond reputefishingfool151 has a reputation beyond reputefishingfool151 has a reputation beyond reputefishingfool151 has a reputation beyond repute

The girlfriend and I are in for dinner and the meeting. Still on for Perkins at 5-5:30?
Old May 8th, 2011, 09:49 AM
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Centre County)
bripsu has a reputation beyond reputebripsu has a reputation beyond reputebripsu has a reputation beyond reputebripsu has a reputation beyond reputebripsu has a reputation beyond reputebripsu has a reputation beyond reputebripsu has a reputation beyond reputebripsu has a reputation beyond reputebripsu has a reputation beyond reputebripsu has a reputation beyond reputebripsu has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Man flown to Geisinger after attack in State College

If Peter Morris still doesn't believe there is a need for armed citizens, perhaps he should read todays paper. While most crime around here can be avoided by staying off of dim streets after the bars close, its still ignorant of Peter Morris to believe that we live in a completely "Happy Valley"...

http://www.centredaily.com/2011/05/0...er-attack.html
Old May 8th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Banned

(Clinton County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfool151 View Post
The girlfriend and I are in for dinner and the meeting. Still on for Perkins at 5-5:30?
Yes, we will see you there.