Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Pistols

Notices

Pistols Want to talk pistols? Here's the place.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

View Poll Results: Best concealed carry 9mm pistol?
Glock 19 20 18.35%
Glock 17 0 0%
Glock 26 19 17.43%
XDM 9 8 7.34%
Walther P99 1 0.92%
Other 61 55.96%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 4th, 2010, 03:18 PM

(Lehigh County)
jb7304 has a reputation beyond reputejb7304 has a reputation beyond reputejb7304 has a reputation beyond reputejb7304 has a reputation beyond reputejb7304 has a reputation beyond reputejb7304 has a reputation beyond reputejb7304 has a reputation beyond reputejb7304 has a reputation beyond reputejb7304 has a reputation beyond reputejb7304 has a reputation beyond reputejb7304 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The best CC 9mm pistol?

I voted for the Glock 26.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old April 4th, 2010, 03:18 PM

(Chester County)
HostileCityShooter has a spectacular aura aboutHostileCityShooter has a spectacular aura aboutHostileCityShooter has a spectacular aura about

I voted other. I have the XD9 SC and I really like it's size and capicity.
Old April 4th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Grand Member

(Delaware County)
Suburban has a reputation beyond reputeSuburban has a reputation beyond reputeSuburban has a reputation beyond reputeSuburban has a reputation beyond reputeSuburban has a reputation beyond reputeSuburban has a reputation beyond reputeSuburban has a reputation beyond reputeSuburban has a reputation beyond reputeSuburban has a reputation beyond reputeSuburban has a reputation beyond reputeSuburban has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bripro View Post
It really depends on the situation. For edc I am now using a G19. The model 26/27 doesnt seem to balance as well in my holsters and tend to pull away from my body. For situations where I really cant be suspected of cc'ing, like at my pt job I pocket carry a Kahr pm9. Alot of people will vote for whats "best" because thats what they have. Like someone already said, whichever gun you are comfortable carrying, trained with and actually have with you is best.
+1 for the PM9 for "deep cover." I prefer the 26 to the 19 for more normal everyday carry though, so that's what I voted for. I carry the 17 a lot during colder fall/winter/spring days, but the 26 would probably be the one you'd have the hardest time prying out my hands.
Old April 4th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Grand Member
PAFOA Gold Supporter

(Monroe County)
thelemite has a reputation beyond reputethelemite has a reputation beyond reputethelemite has a reputation beyond reputethelemite has a reputation beyond reputethelemite has a reputation beyond reputethelemite has a reputation beyond reputethelemite has a reputation beyond reputethelemite has a reputation beyond reputethelemite has a reputation beyond reputethelemite has a reputation beyond reputethelemite has a reputation beyond repute

Other. The choices given are Glock, Glock, Glock, Glock clone, and a Walther?

Concealed carry, I would carry a Kahr, K9 MK9, h&K p7m8, p7m13, Rohrbaugh, Sig p239, or CZ Rami before any of the choices.

The Best? Depend how concealed it needs to be. Rohrbaugh is the most concealable, h&K p7 series is the most accurate and reliable for me, and The Kahrs are a good balance between the 2.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Banned

(Philadelphia County)
BradenM4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
LOL, half the guns you listed are duty weapons, and aren't built with CC in mind. So I'm going to have to skip this thread altogether.

I can CC my XDm pretty damned well, but can you? Chances are most people can't, so asking if it's a great CC gun along side a walther PPS is kind of rediculous.
I would be happier if you did skip this thread. The grammar of your post hurts My eyes. It's spelled Ridiculous btw.

I can conceal an XDM 9, can you make an actual sentence without a plethora of structural errors? Chances are not.
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:19 PM

GRIZ has a reputation beyond reputeGRIZ has a reputation beyond reputeGRIZ has a reputation beyond reputeGRIZ has a reputation beyond reputeGRIZ has a reputation beyond reputeGRIZ has a reputation beyond reputeGRIZ has a reputation beyond reputeGRIZ has a reputation beyond reputeGRIZ has a reputation beyond reputeGRIZ has a reputation beyond reputeGRIZ has a reputation beyond repute

"Best" is very subjective. I voted Glock 19. Big enough to shoot well, small enough to conceal easily, and reputation for durability and reliability.
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:20 PM

(Lehigh County)
Celt has much to be proud ofCelt has much to be proud ofCelt has much to be proud ofCelt has much to be proud ofCelt has much to be proud ofCelt has much to be proud ofCelt has much to be proud ofCelt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelemite View Post
Other. The choices given are Glock, Glock, Glock, Glock clone, and a Walther?
Hear, hear!
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:27 PM

(Washington County)
Mr_Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mr_Anderson

Sig 229 or Sig 239 take your pick. also depending on what definition you mean by "Best". Best shooter that is still very easy to CC Sig 229 hands down. Best CC at no matter what because if I print I will get fired on the spot then Sig 239 is the pistol for you.
Old April 7th, 2010, 09:30 PM

(Northampton County)
cj11 has a brilliant futurecj11 has a brilliant futurecj11 has a brilliant futurecj11 has a brilliant futurecj11 has a brilliant futurecj11 has a brilliant futurecj11 has a brilliant futurecj11 has a brilliant futurecj11 has a brilliant futurecj11 has a brilliant futurecj11 has a brilliant future

Other Kel Tec PF9 light easy to CC and accurate
Old April 7th, 2010, 11:00 PM

(Luzerne County)
Brudog has a reputation beyond reputeBrudog has a reputation beyond reputeBrudog has a reputation beyond reputeBrudog has a reputation beyond reputeBrudog has a reputation beyond reputeBrudog has a reputation beyond reputeBrudog has a reputation beyond reputeBrudog has a reputation beyond reputeBrudog has a reputation beyond reputeBrudog has a reputation beyond reputeBrudog has a reputation beyond repute

I currently carry KelTec P11.